The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you excited for housing storage?

• Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for several reasons...
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am excited... But also worried.

I am worried that Homestead Storage, could literally mean storage for homestead items(furnishings) and only for them. Like the equivalent of the Craft Bag...

But I would hope if that was the case, it would have been more clearly spelled out so we don't get our hopes up for storing regular items inside our homes.

-edit- Just reread the article and noticed it does specifically say inventory items in home, no longer worried :D
    Edited by Runs on December 28, 2017 4:02PM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for housing storage but I really hope it also comes with sizable item count increases...

If it doesn't.. well.. that will just be very sad indeed.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reason to go and actually buy a house. Since I'm not sure how it will be implemented I've been also keeping my vouchers in case the storage container might turn out to be a big voucher sink, either in blueprint or ready made form.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I am really nervous about how they are going to implement this. In a perfect world they just enable the current chests and wardrobes to hold items. But my suspicion is that there's going to be a grind attached that will be absolutely horrible....and will drive players to just buy these new special containers from the cash shop.

I am also unhappy that increased item slots and player caps have not been announced. I'd want those things far more than storage.

It will more likely be an ESO + thing.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to be, but I suspect it will be pretty restricted in one way or another.
    stam scrub
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eh, depeds on what "storage" is: furniture storage? meh. Armor manequins where I can display armor sets when not being worn instead of them taking up 75% of my 480 bank slots? AW YES.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pleased, I just hope it's implemented well.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It very much depends on how it is implemented, as people have said. If the storage turns out to be in small quantities, like 10-25 items per container, then that would be of little use. Most people have a number of alts to manage their inventories/bank, so having a minimal amount of extra storage in houses will make very little difference.

On the other hand, if storage comes in generous quantities, that would be more helpful.

I would still rather have a dedicated furniture bag which is accessible from any of our houses.

Lets see what they do. :)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read any information about it but I am assuming it will be unlimited storage for ESO+ members.

I could be wrong.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Very excited - really hoping for ways to display armour sets. If it’s not this I’ll be majorly pissed off. Expect the grind in some way to get whatever it is. Let’s not live in la la land folks.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the crafting bag.

They hyped the crap out of that for months as the solution to our storage woes..... then dropped the not minor detail that it was only available to subscribers.

The game would be definitely be improved by storage but getting excited at this point - not knowing who it's available to, the cost or how would it work - would be stupid.