The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC-EU, Top-Tier Players For Each Faction, Clockwork City Patch!

Kabt
Kabt
Soul Shriven
As a NA player, I'm now playing on EU server. So I would like to know which players are good to behave friendly against them. I just want to know what you know about EU cyrodiil actions, your opinions are crucial imo^^.

So, am gonna list what I experienced so far (around 2 months of experience) in cyrodiil;

DC
-stamNB: Chapterhouse, Hexyles (both of them are very mobile stamnb and rolling like a wheel while creating chaos)
-magNB: Blobs(he is probably the best melee magnb in the game)
-stamSorc: Reggii(knows how to small scale)
-magSorc: Fasold(tanks half of the AD zerg then killing them...)
-stamTemplar: Roderich Sibrand(instead of DoTplars this guy is going with s&b and even without DoT s/he can still apply tons of damage while tanking)
-magTemplar: Frau Richter, SirMarian(they knows how to play.... their play style is kinda unique...)
-stamWarden: Extrawelt, Skallhex(even if the stamwarden is broken class atm, they perform better than warden's limits in terms of tanking and bursting)
-magWarden: idk
-stamDK: Victimize(since the DK is not easymode class anymore there are two ways to go with, first one is heavy and forward and the other one is medium and rally, and this guy prefers heavy one and he can tank like hell even if the stamdk nerfed a lot, you can go with heavy and rally too but zerg will kill you anyway...)
-magDK: Sanguivorra or Awful(sanguivorra is one the most dominating magdk I have ever seen in open world s/he tanks alot alot alot and the awful has really good setups and even in light armor it is not easy to kill him even if you outnumber him or you all get bursted down)

AD
-stamNB: Sabal Szor, Varis Darksbane, Jagwars, Yoashi(quick, silent, easy kills, then runaway from zerg and repeat :) these guys know how to stamnb)
-magNB: idk nothing but bombers
-stamSorc: Djokoss (most dominating stam sorc imo since he tanks lots of DC and EP solo, then slaying most of them or all of them)
-magSorc: Curanion, Viau or Malcolm (all of them are very skilled unique AD sorc that I have seen so far)
-stamTemplar: idk
-magTemplar: High Summer of Pain, unkown player (high summer of pain is a good group player, unknown one mostly plays duo with jagwars and they perform well)
-stamWarden: idk
-magWarden: joefernandes (abnormal...)
-stamDK: Kvaldir (he mostly plays solo by capturing and defending a resource and as I mentioned above there are two ways to go with, this guy plays medium armor dk with s&b and somehow he tanks large groups alot and slaying most of them at the same time)
-magDK: Pano (one of the best group play magdk, he literally carries his/her group, he knows how to CC while bursting down too)

EP
-stamNB: Irga(is s/he playing with 0 ping or what?)
-magNB: The Last Magblade(he has everything that a magnb must have...)
-stamSorc: Jason Black(like Reggii, s/he is very strong group player and does everything that a group wants from a stamsorc)
-magSorc: Derrah, Elo'dryel, Hexys(all of them are skilled and really experienced magicka sorcs who know how to solo and group play, especially hexys is really good group player and he also has an unique sorc-only group and his group mates also as skilled as him)
-stamTemplar: Blackjack(classic DoTplar but he is also very mobile and tanky as hell unlike other DoTplars)
-magTemplar: Anne Lucerne, Dagoth Cinbri, Hekaterin (Anne generally plays solo and his/her self sustain beyond limits, dagoth and hekaterin are both really good group players who keeps his/her group alive while keeping pressure on opponents)
-stamWarden: idk
-magWarden: Gomoyasher (unlike classic magicka wardens s/he does everything for his/her group and that causes very powerful group action)
-stamDK: Gilette Guwu (I only see this guy in duels but I am pretty sure he can handle with open world's zergs aswell)
-magDK: idk

I wrote what I experienced in EU PvP and I was quite neutral while writing this list. I added comments to explain my ideas about them. Since it is an updated list of players, what you guys think who are the top-tier players in Clockwork City patch PvP?

Note that I also added good group players since this game is not only about dueling, the one you killed in 1v1 may kill you in 2v2 or even if you outnumber him/her...
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn seeing all these names makes me nostalgic... bring back orsinium patch please...
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kabt wrote: »
    As a NA player, I'm now playing on EU server. So I would like to know which players are good to behave friendly against them.

how about you behave friendly towards all players?
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also @Ragnaroek93 is active sometimes dueling, top player.
  • Kabt
    Kabt
    Soul Shriven
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    As a NA player, I'm now playing on EU server. So I would like to know which players are good to behave friendly against them.

I'll try :)
  • Kabt
    Kabt
    Soul Shriven
    Also @Ragnaroek93 is active sometimes dueling, top player.

I didnt see him/her actually but as I said your ideas are important since I dont know most of the players^^
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexyles is Hexys’s stamnb :smile:

For AD top magblade is Heresyall, imho

AD magwardens - Van Halen and Upsetter have very strong magwardens and their group play videos create some serious salt mines.

With dueling becoming more and more popular - you can see a lot of people that are investing a lot of time in duels - becoming strong. However, 95% of dueling community don’t run same dueling builds in open world, so while loosing in duels you might easily overcome them in open world encounters. I for example, run exactly the same build in duels and open world.

EU is no strangers to people with >30 AR to duel your magsorc in shield breaker... EU is very ego driven, whilst maintaining high number of really cool players and people.
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All these alts made me chuckle.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For DC magicka warden i would add Calimantan because of his unique playstyle and ability to wipe more than 4 people with his ulti combo.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Respect is not given away but earned
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodill is group play to win....so the role of a leader who is a master tactician is very important.

AD master tactician is ......
    EP master tactician is .......
    DC master tacticisn is ........
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Cyrodill is group play to win....so the role of a leader who is a master tactician is very important."

AD master tactician is ...... BIG BOSS (VIVEC)
    EP master tactician is ....... TIGOR (DE, SOTHA)
    DC master tacticisn is ........PROOTCH (VIVEC)

:*:D

Edited by DivineFirstYOLO on December 29, 2017 9:18AM
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

I've seen this weird culture in PvP on US servers for other games.
    'Respect the top players, the soloers, the known-names' etc. And this generally means not fighting them while they take down your allies...
    In the long run this is only toxic. Not only does it give them an easy ride (which generally they don't want anyway). But it drives new players away as they are left by their allies to get owned by the oppositions top players.
    You eventually end up with a PvP game when the only ones left are 'top players or respected soloers', and nobody fights anyone... They just jump around, waving at each other.

Just fight them ffs!

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

'Respect the top players, the soloers, the known-names' etc. And this generally means not fighting them while they take down your allies...
    In the long run this is only toxic. Not only does it give them an easy ride (which generally they don't want anyway). But it drives new players away as they are left by their allies to get owned by the oppositions top players.
    You eventually end up with a PvP game when the only ones left are 'top players or respected soloers', and nobody fights anyone... They just jump around, waving at each other.

Just fight them ffs!

couldnt be further from the truth. id never zerg some1 down that i know doesnt run with the zerg himself and who will never zerg me down either. thats called respect. the little brainless zergling *** tiers that will chase you through half cyrodiil with 20 ppl for dat 5ap deserve to get pooped on at every occasion possible. this goes for enemys and allies alike. idgaf about factions and that roleplay nonsense. all i care about is good fights and doing what all the mongoloids do and zerg everything on sight is extremely counter productive in that regard. its also not fun in the slightest bit.
    Edited by lao on December 29, 2017 11:15AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

Just fight them ffs!

couldnt be further from the truth. id never zerg some1 down that i know doesnt run with the zerg himself and who will never zerg me down either. thats called respect. the little brainless zergling *** tiers that will chase you through half cyrodiil with 20 ppl for dat 5ap deserve to get pooped on at every occasion possible. this goes for enemys and allies alike. idgaf about factions and that roleplay nonsense. all i care about is good fights and doing what all the mongoloids do and zerg everything on sight is extremely counter productive in that regard. its also not fun in the slightest bit.

So basically anyone who doesn´t want to 1v1 with you deserves hate-tell??
    Edited by Qbiken on December 29, 2017 2:33PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just fight them ffs!

Whut??

So in a game area designed for many vs many, its only allowed vs some people? You don't care about factions?? The whole point of them is to provide opponents and objectives to fight over. Its nothing to do with 'roleplay'. fyi. the majority of players in cyro find zerg vs zerg a lot of fun.

Another fun fact.. many of the players mentioned in the list often play in small-groups and will happily jump on any soloers they see.

Its dog eat dog, man - there are no stupid rule about who can fight who based on some hidden code.

You can leave them be if you want.. bu they'll just kill you after they finish dismantling the zerg you just let die.

All you want is the same thing in return - ie the good players to leave you be you so you can beat on the potatoes... Toxic, man.. Toxic. As soon as they all do that, its the end of open-world and it just becomes a big duelling arena..

You wanna duel - get out of Cyro and duel.
    Edited by Biro123 on December 29, 2017 2:50PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭

Just fight them ffs!

Whut??

So in a game area designed for many vs many, its only allowed vs some people? You don't care about factions?? The whole point of them is to provide opponents and objectives to fight over. Its nothing to do with 'roleplay'. fyi. the majority of players in cyro find zerg vs zerg a lot of fun.

Another fun fact.. many of the players mentioned in the list often play in small-groups and will happily jump on any soloers they see.

Its dog eat dog, man - there are no stupid rule about who can fight who based on some hidden code.

You can leave them be if you want.. bu they'll just kill you after they finish dismantling the zerg you just let die.

All you want is the same thing in return - ie the good players to leave you be you so you can beat on the potatoes... Toxic, man.. Toxic. As soon as they all do that, its the end of open-world and it just becomes a big duelling arena..

Just play the way you enjoy most and care not for what other players think.
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭

Just fight them ffs!

Honestly, I don`t really understand how people can see that as an issue. Every patch makes 1vX and smallscale harder and players that prefer this kind of playstyle leave the game left and right, take more and longer breaks or quit a long time ago because they already noticed that it will just get worse. And now we have only a couple 1vX players and only a small amount of smallscale players left on PC EU. And it definately doesn`t look like that ammount will increase...
    So how could you be scared that the PvP in this game will end with players not attacking each other?? Looks more like zergs, zergs and more zergs to me...

For me personaly, this "weird culture" you describe is actually one of the last factors left in this game that I enjoy and that make 1vX more fun and less frustrating. I don`t care about any objective and just want to have fun fights where I am disadvantaged in terms of numbers and therefore challenged so I need to highly concentrate and play smart to have a positive outcome of the fight. But in specific circumstances you can do absolutely nothing to prevent a defeat which is frustrating and no fun at all. One of the circumstances is when you are facing several highly experienced pvp players (especially when they use TS or discord). Usually you can be happy if you manage to escape and only in rare cases exploit their Xv1 tunnelvison and let them make mistakes so you can for example push 1 of the bridge and fight the other.

Now 1vX and smallscale players know exactly what I just described. You usually can`t 1v2 players with the same skill level and they know that 1vX and smallscale is hard enough. A 1vX player is mostly fighting with a huge disadvantage..again why would I want to attack him? It`s no fun for me as a 1vX player and it`s not fun for the other guy 1vX ing when I am ruining his fights.

Now a couple more reasons why 1vX and smallscale players don`t attack each other:
    - 1v1 on about the skillevel will usually last forever, especially with specific builds
    - "respect" like: "I like what you are doing. It`s impressive. I rather watch your fights then trying to ruin it for you"
    - Group cohesiveness: like "We are only a few 1vX and smallscale players left. we rather help each other"

Generally I feel that the small community (there is a lot of specific guilds for them btw) of 1vX and smallscale players has it`s own interesting dynamic that zerg players don`t even notice and probably never will. You know each other, you help each other out in fights and still sometimes have rivalries between different players or members of other guilds (even though they usually start by somebody not following the "smallscale pvp codex" :D). It is also exactly why you might often see cross alliance fights. For example a DC 1vX player and an EP 1vX player fighting together against an AD zerg. Happens every day and is really fun to play.

I am still all for the possibility to go factionless and have the villages as spawnpoints only. Then the AvAvA players can have their fun and it`s getting more interesting for 1vX and smallscale players. >:)

Two last things:

1) It´s by the way not only 1vX and smallscalers not fighting each other but often also people that generally run in a zerg but want to improve their game and rather watch a fight, learn and that ask the people how they did it, what build they run and so on...personally I give these kind of players all information they would like to have

2) I don`t understand how this attitude you describe is "toxic" or "weird"? I think it is more "toxic" to give people an even bigger disadvantage. And no, 1vX is not only fighting completely inexperienced players.

That textwall...
    Edited by Fasold666 on December 29, 2017 3:57PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its simply cos I've seen in other games what open-world can become. I've also been one of the known players in that game, and been in situations where open-world has gone so far down that path, that the only way to actually get a fight was to challenge someone to a duel - cos either everyone knew (and respected) each other, or weren't known themselves, but knew that they couldn't beat the opposition alone and would get no help from allies if they tried, cos 'respect'
    Result was, these players gave up, the known players stood around chatting and every now and then had a duel, got bored, left.. Game died.

I just don't want the same to happen to ESO. Large-scale is the bread and butter of cyro, and that means supporting your allies. Anything that undermines that is bad for the game IMHO.

Cos it ain't just the known small-scalers. There are plenty of wanna-be's who will show 'respect' by not fighting. I've just seen what too much of that kind of respect can ultimitely result in, and I don't like it.

Since seeing that, I'll go for anyone, as a matter of principle, I don't care what their name is.. But then I won't chase them more than a few yards tho either, cos that just ain't fun...

Signed,
    A Zergling, and proud of it!
    Edited by Biro123 on December 29, 2017 4:34PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, yea I think I understand your point better now. I just think the trend goes exactly the other way in ESO. In my opinion the pvp playerbase is still big enough but is changing in favor of large scale pvp only, slowly excluding 1vX and smallscale. I don`t expect that this direction will change at all and so your "fear" of people not attacking each other will ever come true. So I am happy everytime I see a player that will (still) go for 1vX or atleast smallscale because its getting less players. And I want both playstyles to be viable in open world cyro. Many game mechanics changed and change in favor of "zerging" so not getting into the fight of other 1vX/smallscalers or even helping out each other is one of the last things that keep this playstyle alive imho.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. I'm not a fan of the mechanics changes that have favoured zergs.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

Just fight them ffs!

Whut??

those who i leave alone leave me alone not cos they know me but because they dont know me. meaning i havent showed up on their death recap when they got zerged by the plebs. also all it takes is watching a fight instead of adding on it. theres not many of us who think competitive and respect a good fight. the few there are you remember easily. you dont need to be a well known elite veteran to gain respect. you simply need to not be an *** that tries to ruin every fair fight you see. those who do that are trash and get what they deserve.
    Edited by lao on December 29, 2017 9:07PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hm, so people playing a game as it was intended are trash and 'get what they deserve'...?

Can only speak for myself, but whether I'm 1vXing, being Xv1'd, 1v1ing, Xv1ing or XvXing, win or lose, I have fun...
    So I guess that's what I deserve..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • gterza65
    gterza65
    Soul Shriven
    EP
    -stamNB: Irga(is s/he playing with 0 ping or what?)

If only it was just that...
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the double compliment (I am 'Blobs' / "Awful') and hope you enjoy EU. Trying to master sorc atm :( rip free time
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭

Just fight them ffs!

This... not only toxic and boring but also the reason people stop playing pvp. If people want to get down on both knees each time they see someone they "respect" then by all means. Give'em your "respects". I really wish i could say what im really thinking on these forums.

People should just respect people as a human being lol ... i dont understand this sort of sub-human point of view these people carry towards everyone else.

This toxic behavior is very ego driven too. I am glad there are more and more people that dont do this, if you want a duel there are other options. USE them.

To those that do this, Please stop belittling every player who doesnt play like You.

It would be amazing if i could kill players of my own faction, it would be better yet if this game was balanced :) otherwise perhaps id show some respect... but until the cheese and the scrubby-ness playstyles finally get nerfed, I will have no sympathy. This game isn't really met for competitive 1v1's some classes are better for it ... part of the reason I like the souls series is because you can not really take more than 1 person at a time and go to full health instantly, most defensive abilities like heals have a cast timer to make them risk vs reward type of thing, if you didnt place the space you needed in the first place there goes half or more of your health ... how devastating would it be if you flinched each time your hit. People would quit xD

Imagine if you could punish mistakes they made by taking half or more of their health or something... actually yeah... what am i doing here lol.
    Edited by AddictionX on January 7, 2018 4:50AM
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭

Whut??

The people on these forums are on the forums because they are onsessed with ESO and/or into the community aspect of the game. Those kinds of people are going to tend to have this attitude about a GAME where there are a certain code of rules or certain people you have to show respect to.

NAH!

I just attack every enemy I see! (I would suspect that's the attitude of about 90% of players in Cyrodiil and only 10% care about some code or respect nonsense.) Whether I'm solo, small group or zergling, I attack every enemy I see. If you see an enemy, attack him. If you're in a group and you run across a solo enemy, smash him and teabag him just cus it's funny and you can. If you're solo/small group and you see a zerg coming, try to kite a few enemies away at a time, smash them, rinse and repeat. OR, just Take Flight into the center of the zerg and get the brief satisfaction of seeing all of them going flying before they melt you like snow, haha. I will admit the most satisfying PvP experience is usually small group vs small group because it takes a lot of skill and implements the group strategy aspect of the game.

Tbh, it saddens me when I see two players of opposite factions working together. Wait...NO IT DOESN'T! I just kill them both and have a dance party over their dead bodies! I hope they were trying to have a 1v1 duel and I just ruined it.

What really saddens me though is when I see a fellow EP player standing next to an enemy, not fighting him... The first time I encountered that it really hurt me deep down inside as I stood next to them, confused So I did the only logical thing a good Cyrodiilian would do. I killed my DC enemy! His EP friend screamed and tried to help, but could do nothing! Muahahaha! Then I slow-teabagged the dead body right in front of he EP traitor.

Now I don't mind seeing other EP's being civil
    towards players of other alliances. I just KILL EVERYONE!!! THAT'S MY CODE!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its simply cos I've seen in other games what open-world can become. I've also been one of the known players in that game, and been in situations where open-world has gone so far down that path, that the only way to actually get a fight was to challenge someone to a duel - cos either everyone knew (and respected) each other, or weren't known themselves, but knew that they couldn't beat the opposition alone and would get no help from allies if they tried, cos 'respect'
    Result was, these players gave up, the known players stood around chatting and every now and then had a duel, got bored, left.. Game died.

I just don't want the same to happen to ESO. Large-scale is the bread and butter of cyro, and that means supporting your allies. Anything that undermines that is bad for the game IMHO.

Cos it ain't just the known small-scalers. There are plenty of wanna-be's who will show 'respect' by not fighting. I've just seen what too much of that kind of respect can ultimitely result in, and I don't like it.

Since seeing that, I'll go for anyone, as a matter of principle, I don't care what their name is.. But then I won't chase them more than a few yards tho either, cos that just ain't fun...

Signed,
    A Zergling, and proud of it!

And zerging everything and everyone leads to those people leaving or grouping up (which we can see happening atm) which also kills the game (atleast for the ppl that don´t enjoy largescale/grpplay).

When i´m in grps now i get hatetells by ppl that used to chase solo me with 15+ ppl bigboss zerg for running in a toxic grp and ruining the game.
    Ironic isn´t it?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every PvP guild or group I've been in this game breaks apart because some players in the group wont fight another, there is nothing worse than being in a 4/5 man group who come up against another 4/5 man group who attack you and 3 of your team wont join in because they are friends.

I'm of the mentality that if its red its dead and If I see one of my friends or guildies then they are first priority and get a tbag and exchange some nice whispers to each other all in the name of fun.

I cant stand the "oh no hes ok hes a solo player dont attack him, oh hes ok too hes in my dueling guild hes realy good" only to have said players attack me from behind if we do leave them lol

I get whispers all the time calling me a *** zergling so when I see a 1vx going on I always jump in and 9/10 end it then get whispered that I'm a *** zergling again. The way I see it if I'm such a *** zergling and they cant 1vX me then they are not as
    Godly good as they think they are.

Plus all the players in this list I would say are correct and very good players and I would say a good half of them kill me on sight because I ruin their 1vX or small scale what ever they want to call it lol
  • Fel
    Fel
    ✭✭✭
    Fasold666 wrote: »

Honestly, I don`t really understand how people can see that as an issue. Every patch makes 1vX and smallscale harder and players that prefer this kind of playstyle leave the game left and right, take more and longer breaks or quit a long time ago because they already noticed that it will just get worse. And now we have only a couple 1vX players and only a small amount of smallscale players left on PC EU. And it definately doesn`t look like that ammount will increase...
    So how could you be scared that the PvP in this game will end with players not attacking each other?? Looks more like zergs, zergs and more zergs to me...

For me personaly, this "weird culture" you describe is actually one of the last factors left in this game that I enjoy and that make 1vX more fun and less frustrating. I don`t care about any objective and just want to have fun fights where I am disadvantaged in terms of numbers and therefore challenged so I need to highly concentrate and play smart to have a positive outcome of the fight. But in specific circumstances you can do absolutely nothing to prevent a defeat which is frustrating and no fun at all. One of the circumstances is when you are facing several highly experienced pvp players (especially when they use TS or discord). Usually you can be happy if you manage to escape and only in rare cases exploit their Xv1 tunnelvison and let them make mistakes so you can for example push 1 of the bridge and fight the other.

Now 1vX and smallscale players know exactly what I just described. You usually can`t 1v2 players with the same skill level and they know that 1vX and smallscale is hard enough. A 1vX player is mostly fighting with a huge disadvantage..again why would I want to attack him? It`s no fun for me as a 1vX player and it`s not fun for the other guy 1vX ing when I am ruining his fights.

personally i dont really see that smallscale is getting harder every patch. i rather think with all These insane meta builds its getting much easier. These days you can just make a grp of 4 meta tank builds and survive a huge bunch of palyers and even kill a lot. in General true smallscalers and soloplayers should not be afraid of the game changing against their favour. im not talking about all These possible improvements to the game that could make it a huge success, i am talking about small changes that make the life of a soloplayer or smallscaler a bit harder. all this does is making the game harder for those ppl who are just in it because it is easy, and they will ultimately drop out of it. as a competetive and improving Player you should see These changes as a challenge you have to adapt to. when i was leading BS i was looking Forward to every single patch that made smallsacle much harder, because it meant a collective process of improving together as a grp and proofing your Status as dominant Players. those are the days i remember as being with the most fun i had in this game.

i can only speak from my perspective and the issue i have with this "friendly crossfaction culture" is, that it reduces the amount of qualitative 1vX experience. there are already only a limited amount of nice solo/smallscale spots on the map and i noticed that, if i am alone at one of These spots (alessia Bridge for example) and other solo or smallsacle Players from my faction Show up... in most cases the place almost immediatly changes into a Zone, where a major amount of the Players dont even attack eachother anymore. personally i cant see anything positive in that behaviour for Players who want to do pvp.

other example: this midnight on shor campaign
    the second campaign is usually already a bit boring due to the lack of small fights on the map. i arrived at a DC siege of an AD keep. only a small amount of the present Players were fighting eachother. some EP Players were jsut Standing inside the sieging DC Players and neither attacking something or getting attacked and half a dozen of AD Players just stand there and did nothing else than jump around right next to the enemies and watch. again... not really anything i

dont get me wrong. i do respect when Players, who know eachother or respect eachothers gamestyle, do not attack eachother or "grp up" in certain situations. but i also think that not fighting eachother in gernal does not really benefit the pvp experience in this game. i dont understand why these ppl just dont move on to other places instead of jsut jumping around and turning these spots into non-kill-zones. how many ppl did i meet who complained about how boring pvp became in this game, and usually These ppl are exactly the Kind of players who dont fight half of the pvp Population anymore.

personally i actually dont really like it when Players dont attack me in certain situations because they know me or something. i just find these situations very awkward when you want to fight Players, but you know they will ask why you attack them or soemthign like that. there is already only a small time-window in this game where you can play without getting negatively influenced by the lagg and It jsut reduces the amount of Quality pvp time for me.
    Now a couple more reasons why 1vX and smallscale players don`t attack each other:
    - 1v1 on about the skillevel will usually last forever, especially with specific builds
    - "respect" like: "I like what you are doing. It`s impressive. I rather watch your fights then trying to ruin it for you"
    - Group cohesiveness: like "We are only a few 1vX and smallscale players left. we rather help each other"

- yes, the same skilllevel or counterbuilds can make 1v1 last very Long and pointless. but as soon as it is smallsacle and just only 2v2 fighting eachother, the Situation is already completly different
    - just standind there and watching can also negatively influence the pvp experience of other Players, like i have discribed above. why dont just walk away, instead of being the first element in a chainreaction that turns a spot into a friendly Zone
    - in some situations i dont really see the "help" in just watching eachother

Generally I feel that the small community (there is a lot of specific guilds for them btw) of 1vX and smallscale players has it`s own interesting dynamic that zerg players don`t even notice and probably never will. You know each other, you help each other out in fights and still sometimes have rivalries between different players or members of other guilds (even though they usually start by somebody not following the "smallscale pvp codex" :D). It is also exactly why you might often see cross alliance fights. For example a DC 1vX player and an EP 1vX player fighting together against an AD zerg. Happens every day and is really fun to play.

personally i think a Little bit more rivalries between the smallscalers would be a very refreshing Impulse for the pvp experience. due to the lack of identification with your alliance most Players in pvp are already friends with all the other Players from different factions or even frequently swop alliances and Play with eachother. from the skill perspective, These fights between the different smallscale Groups could be among the most interesting, challenging, rewarding, and skill improving fights for These Players.

again, i dont mind temporary and situational cross-faction-alliances, but do the Long-term "non-fighting-Agreements" really overweigh the possible competetive and interesting fights between These grps, or would a friendly competition between These Groups, like we had in the early months of this game, be much more interesting alternative?

like i said...by this Point every smallscale Player knows eachother, has played with eachother and doesnt fight eachother anymore? i would be interested to know if These Players are actually interested in going back to a situation with more competition or do they like it how it is right now.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fel wrote: »
    - yes, the same skilllevel or counterbuilds can make 1v1 last very Long and pointless. but as soon as it is smallsacle and just only 2v2 fighting eachother, the Situation is already completly different
    - just standind there and watching can also negatively influence the pvp experience of other Players, like i have discribed above. why dont just walk away, instead of being the first element in a chainreaction that turns a spot into a friendly Zone
    - in some situations i dont really see the "help" in just watching eachother

personally i think a Little bit more rivalries between the smallscalers would be a very refreshing Impulse for the pvp experience. due to the lack of identification with your alliance most Players in pvp are already friends with all the other Players from different factions or even frequently swop alliances and Play with eachother. from the skill perspective, These fights between the different smallscale Groups could be among the most interesting, challenging, rewarding, and skill improving fights for These Players.

I agree with a lot of this however what made it difficult in the past was usually varying grp sizes and as you have discribed the impact of a singly player (compare 1v1 to 2v2 - 2v3 or 3v4 is exactly the same imo it turns the fight by 100%) when running with relatively few ppl.

If the game had more incentive to run with either 4 or 12 players by different buff/heal or whatever categories i think there would exist much more of those rivalries.

I´d love to fight most of the solo/smallscalers i see but at the same time i know i either could not kill most of them bc open world builds are generally good at forcing draws or i´d die alot bc i still run mostly solo which is a situation where i don´t want to fight duo/trio or 4mans...

I´d love it if the community agreed on a little more friendly competition instead of watching the pugslaughter but i can´t really see it happening.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50