Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond"

• Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Me right now LOL.
    ****Master Healer...****
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the transmog would be behind a paywall like the transmute one. I'm guessing it would probably be.
    Edited by CiliPadi on December 22, 2017 9:24PM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id be happy if there was some acknowledgement and some plan (openly discussed) about fixing the servers.

Morrowind, hotr, cwc all good dlc but the server let it down either by poor coding over old code or gerald the server hamster couldnt handle a few more people. Not to mention the continued "loadscreen" debacle.

Think more people be excite with that rather than "new dlc". When you say "we're not slowing down" all i can think of is "great, more crashes, glitches and unaccessable content due to infrastructure cant handle it". But please PLEASE prove me wrong
  • dovakiineb17_ESO
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    I wonder if the transmog would be behind a paywall like the transmute one. I'm guessing it would probably be.

which paywall? you can get a Transmutation Station without clockwork City ^^
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Nord themed dungeons? :/
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing just over two months, but one of the things that boggled my mind (besides missing QoL features) was no housing storage, so I am thrilled about this.

Perhaps a QoL update at somepoint too? Things like combat pet unsummon, guild trader search functions, mail that tells you which trade guild you sold an item on, crafting quests viewable in the crafting screen and a number of things I've listed elsewhere.

For housing in future I'd love to see:

- A ship/house-boat.
    - Co-ownership so my boyfriend can put his mounts/pets in my house and freely decorate from his own inventory and vice versa.
    - Growing harvestables (including livestock).
    - More NPC types (maybe even place our own alts like in SWTOR).
    - Small to medium houses in towns with no current houses (with a small exterior).
    - NEW Imperial furniture (not just recoloured Breton furniture - I beg of you).
    - Moderate increase to furniture slots on large houses.
    - Children? I mean we have cribs.
    - Musical instrument props.
    - Specific furniture storage (like crafting bag).
    - A bed function in which you 'go to sleep' and it logs you off.

But for now, thank you for working on housing storage (and other good things).
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 23, 2017 5:21AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    21jbni.jpg

4a2af17f72f8c850e092ae545074ff56.jpg
    Master Craftsman!
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    "Elsweyr?" Nope.
    "Murkmire at all?" Doesn't seem so.
    Just another Nordic dungeon DLC. Dunmer and Nordic races are so thoroughly explored already that they have two stand alone games. I loved Morrowind and even Clockwork City as well as Horns of the Reach, but I also would've loved to see Murkmire in Q1. If it's scrapped the fans would like to know. Forget faction cycles, beast races are getting little representation of zones in game. We know we are getting Summerset at some point, but I'd like to see zones we were already shown and hyped up for.
  • WCHero
    WCHero
    ✭✭
    A new dragon cult themed dungeon sounds great! Looking forward to more storage and transmog, as well.

I'd also like to see some more balancing on gear sets (crafted and non-crafted), enchantments, and traits. Too many of these are considered not good, or outright "trash", by the community (for good reason). It limits our playstyles, in the end game. As someone who enjoys playing builds outside the current meta, this would be awesome!

Congrats, ZOS. I can't wait to see what 2018 brings!
  • augestflex_ESO
    Looking forward to another great year, I appreciate all that was put into this one to make ESO so awesome and always better.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two new systems coming in Q1 sound really intriguing, I can't wait to read more.

:'( So, um, Spellcrafting is coming with the Chapter then, yes? That's really a better place for it. :| The Chapters need to be exciting and Spellcrafting is as exciting as it gets. :(<3 ... :#
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to be able to sell my house
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    Storage (place to store extras) sounds good but what about actually extra house space (more room to place items)?
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear home storage is coming. Little worried it was NOT said that item count and player caps would be increased. Also, I'd really like to know WHEN this update is happening.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm no mention of the continued failure to improve pvp performance I see, wonder how much of this letter is ***?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't make transmog a credit card thing...
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • mcknight_14
    mcknight_14
    Soul Shriven
    I just want to say thank you to ZOS, you have since launch listened to the community and that doesn't seem to be the norm anymore in the gaming industry. I am glad to sub and plan to continue to support ZOS and this game's development and look forward to the great things that are planned.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fortunatto wrote: »
    Nords, again... When are we going to get at least something for AD : / AD need some love too.
    But transmog - yess, been waiting for this for a long time, cant wait to see how this would be implemented.
    Thank you for the great year, looking forward for more to come ♡

Someone may have already responded to this (haven't gotten past page one yet) but CWC hinted at the next expansion or at least DLC (but I'm assuming it will be the expansion), and it's not Nord or Dunmer. :wink:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    "Homestead storage items". This sounds like recipe or most likely furniture drops, which IMHO depending on the drop rates, and were they drop from could well be a long additional grind (like the Buoyant Armiger motifs).

Or, it could be something you get from Rolis in exchange for writ vouchers.
  • BigHornedBeast
    A little disappointed with the Nord themed dungeon DLC (again). Hopefully some new cool stuff will come in the patch though.

We have explored EP races a lot here lately... getting kind of repetitive. AD would be nice for a change. Covenant hasn't got much love either since Orsinium.

Is it just me or did anyone else see the "elsewhere" (Elsweyr) hint in the article. Lol, maybe just me since my main is a Khajiit. I CAN HOPE SO!

Excited for 2018!
    Big fan of this game.
    Edited by BigHornedBeast on December 26, 2017 8:49PM
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or did anyone else see the "elsewhere" (Elsweyr) hint in the article. Lol, maybe just me since my main is a Khajiit. I CAN HOPE SO!

Excited for 2018!
    Big fan of this game.

Just reread that specific passage. Doesn‘t sound like a hint to me, but nice thinking!
    Big fan too.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Gina, for the "nuggets" of wisdom!

This is what's on my mind right now...

1. Transmog and housing storage...
    9438883.jpg

2. A new chapter for ESO...REALLY hoping for Murkmire, but I have feeling it's that Mephala one I heard about.

3. Also hoping for Sulima Mansion to be reused as a home in Abah's Landing sometime in 2018!

4. I am suddenly in the mood for chicken nuggets. o.o
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on December 27, 2017 4:16AM
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    excellent news
    PC-NA
  • BigHornedBeast
    I hope it is Elsweyr
    Edited by BigHornedBeast on December 27, 2017 6:20PM
  • BigHornedBeast
    Might not be nothing but I believe they could relate the Ring of Khajiiti to the Elsweyr plotline. The Ring of Khajiiti is a ring associated with Meridia and Mephala.

Considering the ring dates back to the second Era, maybe Elsweyr is the next chapter with Mephala's Realm following as a DLC after. I don't know, the ring was already explored in Oblivion, but we will see!

Edited by BigHornedBeast on December 27, 2017 6:16PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

hero_pdt_6_nuggets_no_sauce.png
    This is the official nugget thread for the blog article Game Director Letter: ESO in 2017 and Beyond. Check out this blog from Game Director Matt Firor to review ESO's past year, and look ahead to what is next.

hero_pdt_6_nuggets_no_sauce.png

Just sat down to eat nuggets lol
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Synfidie
    Synfidie
    ✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »

What I would've really wanted to see, is the ability to place our characters as service type furnishing in our homes. They would just stand in what ever spot you placed them, have the appearance of whatever they had on when you placed them and would go through random idles based on what personality they have assigned. You could interact with them, and swap stuff from one inventory to another. And it'd be cool for your different characters to be able to "meet."

I think this would be terrifying seeing 8-12 characters creepily lolling about my house. Especially since I tend to make my characters all look similar. It would be like seeing 10 clones. *shudder*
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros:
    1. What sounds like transmog (PLEASE don’t blunder it up)
    2. Homestead storage, meaning houses finally won’t be completely useless and huge wastes of time and/or money.

Cons:
    Dragonbones. Really, more Nord crap? Nords are one-dimensional and have a terrible, bland, generic fashion sense. The last thing we need are more Nord-themed motifs/costumes. Summerset can’t come soon enough.

Thinking about any breton themed content. Or would that be too boring?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking about any breton themed content. Or would that be too boring?

Depends. Does the Direnni-controlled Adamantine Tower count as Breton themed? We've more or less run out of High Rock to explore...

(...though now that I've written that I recall we should have a secret Dragonguard temple somewhere in High Rock we haven't seen yet. One in the Alik'r too.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works