The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

What is the current magicka Templar pvp meta?

Torbschka
Torbschka
✭✭✭✭
Hey,

havent played for almost a year, I watched some YouTube and it seems it is either:

5x shackle + 5 lich/trans/riposte + 2x skoria + 2x willpower

Or the same with
5x lightarmor brass.

Is that the open world 1vX templar build now?

Thx
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't recommend lich in open world. It'll proc when you need to escape with mist and be wasted. Great for duels or if you aren't vamp and slotting mist.

Back barring a 5 pc is definitely meta for mag templar. But there is so much you can do and be effective in solo play on a templar.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brass isn't BiS. I mean, IT MAY if you fall into a very narrow window. It's fun, but
    Transmutation, Impregnable, and Riposte will provide as much or more mitigation with better armor bonus.

Shackle is solid, if you don't want to have a set that has to be on both bars, may I suggest Axiom?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you guys, i guess:

5x Axiom Front (does it also boost class heals?)
    5x trans / riposte back
    2x willpower jewelry
    2x Monster skoria/BS/Pirate skeleton (is that still solid?)

Would be solid, right? I mainly play solo, open world and few bg's.

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Thank you guys, i guess:

5x Axiom Front (does it also boost class heals?)
    5x trans / riposte back
    2x willpower jewelry
    2x Monster skoria/BS/Pirate skeleton (is that still solid?)

Would be solid, right? I mainly play solo, open world and few bg's.

It's Supposed to buff the heals. It may be bugged where it doesn't atm

BTW ATM I'm running Slimecraw (or Bloodspawn) axiom front, Transmutation back - speed pots for mobility, I use it for BGs
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 27, 2017 5:50PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y only axiom on front?
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y only axiom on front?

Experimenting destro/destro and Destro/2H atm
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 shackle, 5
    Trans skoria willpower swords in light.
    I ran lich for a while but trans still gives me the 2 recovery bonus and i dont bash my head in the screen for wasted lich procs.
    Another one i tried was the same setup but lich backbar and running 2h frontbar for forward momentum.
    I was running speed pots so i was able to move rather fast and didnt have to use Mist or vamp. Sadly the mag sustain even with lich just wasnt enough without mag pots, although an argonian might be able to pull it off.
    Also been working towards 5 bloodthorne 5 riposte for a 2 h resto setup, i just feel like the damage would be too low.
    I really wish they buffed skooma smuggler to last 45 seconds, id definetly try the set then.
    Edited by Firstmep on December 27, 2017 6:32PM
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    5 shackle, 5
    Trans skoria willpower swords in light.
    I ran lich for a while but trans still gives me the 2 recovery bonus and i dont bash my head in the screen for wasted lich procs.
    Another one i tried was the same setup but lich backbar and running 2h frontbar for forward momentum.
    I was running speed pots so i was able to move rather fast and didnt have to use Mist or vamp. Sadly the mag sustain even with lich just wasnt enough without mag pots, although an argonian might be able to pull it off.
    Also been working towards 5 bloodthorne 5 riposte for a 2 h resto setup, i just feel like the damage would be too low.
    I really wish they buffed skooma smuggler to last 45 seconds, id definetly try the set then.

Skooma smuggler... Very very interesting...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue about the Meta, but i ended up running Skoria / Overwhelming / Pariah - 5L2H with Lingering Health + Speed and Bear Haunch Gold Food. Very high damage and very tanky. But in BG i am really missing the Health Regen from Troll King (hint; not debuffed by relic/ball), which i will sometimes sub in for a defensive version.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently running
    2 skoria
    5 heavy shackle breaker
    5 warmaiden (dw)
    trans s/b back bar
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shackle/ surge / skoria yesterday, was solo.. :(
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO, Masters destro >>> Dw
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

What's the damage you're seeing on reach?
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But grinding... No...more... grinding....
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Flame or lightning?
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just curious - why shacklebreaker on a mag character?

why the extra stamina?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

why the extra stamina?

CC break on cool down
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

why the extra stamina?

CC break on cool down

ah, very good point - thanks @Waffennacht ...

currently i'm simply chugging pots like crazy...

unfortunately at times though pots won't always fire off when you really need them...

i'm wearing 5pc rattlecage/5 pc julianos, 1 pc troll king right now...probably switch out julianos for VD for a little change of pace next time I play him...

my big dilemma at the moment is deciding whether to stay at 5 light/2 heavy or switch to 5 heavy/2 light...

5 light works great in zerg situations, but is causing me some issues in small scale...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 27, 2017 9:17PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

Flame or lightning?

Lightning Master destro is BiS on a magplar for a few reasons.
    - destructive reach is one of those annoying hard stuns that take a while to break free from. The damage bonus from it is good with a master staff
    - it provides another lightning dot that gives you a better chance of procing concussion (when paired with overwhelming and the destruction staff passive that adds 100% status effects it will have a great uptime)
    - light weaving with a lightning staff in between Jabs is great. Add a diseased enchant and watch them struggle to heal when they have major defile on

I'd only run dw if I needed a 5 piece
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if I can make a build that can power through the fact Templars don't have a way to CC through block or at least a non telegraphed way.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Old school Divines Templar. Watching those old movies makes you miss half of the should we used to have that actually worked. And even then, Templars needed a buff compared to other classes at the time.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Gonna do this with trans or reposte tonight.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brass isn't BiS. I mean, IT MAY if you fall into a very narrow window. It's fun, but
    Transmutation, Impregnable, and Riposte will provide as much or more mitigation with better armor bonus.

Shackle is solid, if you don't want to have a set that has to be on both bars, may I suggest Axiom?

Axiom bites because it doesn’t buff ultimates that aren’t temp ults and all the temp ults suck. I was using 5 rattle cage + 5 seducer + skoria in heavy. It’s def more on the tanky side, but can handle some serious pressure. Lacks burst against certain classes though.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Axiom bites because it doesn’t buff ultimates that aren’t temp ults and all the temp ults suck. I was using 5 rattle cage + 5 seducer + skoria in heavy. It’s def more on the tanky side, but can handle some serious pressure. Lacks burst against certain classes though.

I use soul assault currently, and you don't need that to be buffed lol ;)

I also try using the physical morph that does more DMG up close. So with axiom it does comparable DMG to DboS at a cheaper cost.

I would like to try SPC but like most players I don't have a complete set
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love me some soul assaulting..wrecks ppl that don't know how to deal with it
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Without Masters destro reach and javelin have comparable initial hit tooltips plus reach adds the DoT. Once you add in Masters destro reach hits harder but cannot proc burning light, which is irrelevant because the DoT hits harder and the cost is cheap AF. A regular infused destro is always better than DW if you can fit ele drain

I’ve seen 8k crits on squishes with the build I’m currently running, but it’s 4500 spell damage and 35k magika.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 28, 2017 5:16PM
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without Masters destro reach and javelin have comparable initial hit tooltips plus reach adds the DoT. Once you add in Masters destro reach hits harder but cannot proc burning light, which is irrelevant because the DoT hits harder and the cost is cheap AF. A regular infused destro is always better than DW if you can fit ele drain

I’ve seen 8k crits on squishes with the build I’m currently running, but it’s 4500 spell damage and 35k magika.

Hmm, gonna trasmute my staff and give it a shot. Gonna rethink my sets, using 2 5pc non back bar sets atm.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hmm, gonna trasmute my staff and give it a shot. Gonna rethink my sets, using 2 5pc non back bar sets atm.

I’m running Lich, shackle, 2 Kena 3 spell damage glyphs apprentice stone infused damage glyph. I run ele drain and channeled focus, If you drink potions during Lich proc and only use Kena during that time then you don’t really notice the extra cost but you will feel the extra damage. I’m not the best magplar, but I’ve been able to do quite well with this setup. I use PL, reflective, proc Kena, reach, sweeps, Beam. If you line it up with SnB ult you’ll also be immune to most incoming damage during the combo. It’s really far from meta, but I enjoy the crazy pressure that people don’t expect from a magplar
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 28, 2017 5:40PM
    Options
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m running Lich, shackle, 2 Kena 3 spell damage glyphs apprentice stone infused damage glyph. I run ele drain and channeled focus, If you drink potions during Lich proc and only use Kena during that time then you don’t really notice the extra cost but you will feel the extra damage.

Right on, vamp? Lich procs so often when i need to mist.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I’m running Lich, shackle, 2 Kena 3 spell damage glyphs apprentice stone infused damage glyph. I run ele drain and channeled focus, If you drink potions during Lich proc and only use Kena during that time then you don’t really notice the extra cost but you will feel the extra damage.

Right on, vamp? Lich procs so often when i need to mist.

Yeah. You could just run trans, Lich sustain is overkill unless you’re using it to push crazy damae. Desert rose also procs during mist and can be paired with a back bar damage set(alch, bsw).

In my experience trans+WM+rune+drain is plenty of sustain and it offers you some nice utility. You can then put any set as your 5pc body. Your burst goes down slightly versus a DW setup but the weaving with staff and the extra DoT are really noticeable. There’s also a 20% chance on each shock reach and light attack weave to proc concussion, then 6% chance per DoT tick, if this happens then obviously you’ve got more damage during that short window

Another note for reach over javelin. You get bonus penetration that doesn’t show in the tooltip of destro skills.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 28, 2017 5:53PM
    Options