The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the current magicka Templar pvp meta?

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    IMO, Masters destro >>> Dw

What's the damage you're seeing on reach?

Without Masters destro reach and javelin have comparable initial hit tooltips plus reach adds the DoT. Once you add in Masters destro reach hits harder but cannot proc burning light, which is irrelevant because the DoT hits harder and the cost is cheap AF. A regular infused destro is always better than DW if you can fit ele drain

I’ve seen 8k crits on squishes with the build I’m currently running, but it’s 4500 spell damage and 35k magika.

Hmm, gonna trasmute my staff and give it a shot. Gonna rethink my sets, using 2 5pc non back bar sets atm.

I’m running Lich, shackle, 2 Kena 3 spell damage glyphs apprentice stone infused damage glyph. I run ele drain and channeled focus, If you drink potions during Lich proc and only use Kena during that time then you don’t really notice the extra cost but you will feel the extra damage.

Right on, vamp? Lich procs so often when i need to mist.

Yeah. You could just run trans, Lich sustain is overkill unless you’re using it to push crazy damae. Desert rose also procs during mist and can be paired with a back bar damage set(alch, bsw).

In my experience trans+WM+rune+drain is plenty of sustain and it offers you some nice utility. You can then put any set as your 5pc body. Your burst goes down slightly versus a DW setup but the weaving with staff and the extra DoT are really noticeable. There’s also a 20% chance on each shock reach and light attack weave to proc concussion, then 6% chance per DoT tick, if this happens then obviously you’ve got more damage during that short window

Another note for reach over javelin. You get bonus penetration that doesn’t show in the tooltip of destro skills.

And 100% more chance to proc burning/concussion.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My templar healer uses 5 brass light all impen 5 5 transmute back bar 2 bloodspawn and one asylum restro

It great being asked to duel then just standing their healing through everything until eventually they walk away and forfeit

I'm looking to swap out transmute though for worm cult for group play