Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you excited for housing storage?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's finally coming!
Edited by Tasear on December 28, 2017 11:43AM

Are you excited for housing storage? 99 votes

Yes
71% 71 votes
No
9% 9 votes
Other
19% 19 votes
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice addition that benifits everyone including the non rper that doesn't care to decorate a house but... i'd be more excited for housing slots
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 28, 2017 11:48AM
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m excited it its true...had not heard about it
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Housing storage will be huge plus to housing.

Tho I'm still looking forward when we will be able to farm alchemy materials in our houses.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    About time.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is done well - then yes I am excited .
    If it is done like.. idk only for eso+ or only as a crown store furnitures.. then well... I am not excited .
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 28, 2017 12:05PM
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    It's finally coming!

Any source links?
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we should still be on our toes, we don't know how they will put it in game, and it might be another grind
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    there's been little info on what ZO$ is actually going to implement, I think a lot of people are gonna be disappointed judging by ZO$ track record
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm pretty certain we won't get what I really want, which is the ability to place any item as a decoration in my house - a cool axe above the fire, various novelty stolen items on the table, some battered armour beside the blacksmithing station etc. (Especially the stolen items, since most of them don't even have models yet.)

I suspect what we'll get instead is the ability to put things inside containers, with each one holding a specific number of items (5, 10, 20, maybe 25). Hopefully that will be all the containers we can already craft or buy, but I wouldn't be surprised if we have to craft/buy/find new ones and only those will work. If that's the case I just hope there's lots of styles so they go with the existing decor.

Basically I know I'm not getting what I really want, but as long as it's not ESO Plus exclusive or a stupidly expensive crown store item (like a 5,000 crown chest that holds 20 items) I think it could be a good system.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FINALLY :smiley:

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im betting by housing storage its going to turn out to be storage for housing items and zenimax wont understand when people completely lose it
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's finally coming!

Any source links?

This!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleased rather than excited. Although I don't need any extra storage, it's always good to have it just in case.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Need more details first.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's finally coming!

Any source links?

Read Matt Firors letter. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26275?Game-Director-Letter:-ESO-in-2017-and-Beyond
    Edited by itsfatbass on December 28, 2017 12:36PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will reserve my judgement and excitement or disappointment when I see it implemented.

I will be happy and thankful if it's done right and continue playing.

If done in a way that it's not good in my opinion, I will still keep playing, but I will stop spending money on crowns.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not if it’s monetized or subscription required...until more details are known, i with other. This companies track record with QoL features has resulted in $$$$$
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 28, 2017 1:11PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect acquisition of the storage containers to be tied to master writs since housing stuff has always been closely tied to the system. Either buying them directly with the vouchers or needing to buy the plan to make them with the vouchers.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    Need more details first.

This. Right now I'm not excited, just cautiously optimistic. I'll check it out on the PTS once it hits and then maybe we'll see.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am not un-excited but I manage my inventory fine so it's not a need I have right now. For those who like to collect one of everything they ever found then this will hopefully be the answer that double bank space wasn't.

I am honestly more interested to see if they are also going to expand the item limits for furnishings so I can get my manors to have that homely cluttered look rather than looking like an exercise in minimalism.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad it's coming but need more details how it will be implemented.

Never thought it would be a thing so I eventually upgraded the inventory for all 14 characters to max.

But I'm not complaining - always good with options and more features to make housing useful.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happy if it’s weapon racks and mannequins but in terms of raw storage I’m not realy fussed, I’m not using up my subbed bank space as it is
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very excited. I just hope they are tied into master writ vouchers some how. I'm sitting on so many of them and they just don't sell well like they uses too.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank the Eight! The lack of housing storage was the ONLY thing holding me back from doing housing.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't run out of bank spaces yet because I have ESO+, but it sounds great if you are constantly struggling for more inventory.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    I haven't run out of bank spaces yet because I have ESO+, but it sounds great if you are constantly struggling for more inventory.

I have xD. When you are researching all traits on all gear the space can get pretty tight. xD
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am really nervous about how they are going to implement this. In a perfect world they just enable the current chests and wardrobes to hold items. But my suspicion is that there's going to be a grind attached that will be absolutely horrible....and will drive players to just buy these new special containers from the cash shop.

I am also unhappy that increased item slots and player caps have not been announced. I'd want those things far more than storage.
    Edited by MornaBaine on December 28, 2017 2:55PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Several things I can foresee as possibilities to the housing storage:

1. You must have your bank space maxed in order to utilize housing storage. *This was one of the key arguments ZoS stated when they introduced housing without storage in Homestead. "...Only 3.5% of accounts have maxed bank space..." Or something like that.

2. Storage will be confined to craftable containers or writ voucher/crown purchasable containers. Additionally. Each container will have specific items it can hold. *Gone are the Skyrim days of having 400+ random items in a chest in the first room of your house. I imagine a "jewelry box" that can hold 5-10 rings and/or necklaces and no other type of items. "Barrels/crates/etc" to hold provisioning ingredients. A "mannequin" or "weapon rack" to not only store, but hopefully also display armor and weapons respectively.

3. The storage cap will be far less than people are hoping for. *Let's be realistic. I would guess we're looking at 25-50 item storage capacity per house for non-stackable items. I would also assume housing storage will parallel that furnishing limit for each house. Estates will be able to store far more items than the free inn rooms.

4. I could be wrong and this could be a free-for-all storage fest with players' houses looking like an episode of Hoarders: ESO Edition.

Note* All of this is completely conjecture based on the track record of previous quality of life improvements that have been implemented. I sincerely hope that I am completely off-base with these assumptions and housing storage brings euphoric glee to all involved. Only time will tell.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

I find that paragraph vague tbh. I was hoping for something more concrete than that, thanks nevertheless :smile:

Edit: There was another section that was more detailed on this new feature, and I see it as confirmed. Nice stuff, looking forward to see what they will come up with.
    Edited by KanedaSyndrome on December 28, 2017 3:34PM
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action