Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Emp in Kyne

Necronhex
Necronhex
✭✭✭
Need to have talk about this ,we have had two people constantly AP locking every campaign for at least 4 weeks maybe more.
I’d like to put up that Emp be account wide achievement and once you get it your out of that campaign.
Like Kyne your Emp now you must go to Vevec because you have achievement that In
Kyne?
What does peeps think?
Necron Hex
Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
Lucien Lachance
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    So.. you want to punish people for playing well by locking them out of a campaign they get Emp on?

Or you want to troll someone who happens to enjoy PvP and finds themselves top of the leader boards so you Emp him to boot him out?

I'm confused.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't really punish people because they play more than others. Those of us who have jobs and a life outside of ESO have to use vacation time to push for Emp. Not much you can do.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol it's Kyne AD NA you are talking about, it is actually the same dude on 2 different accounts.

I'm not complaining, he's terrible and barely defends it. He gets his guild to log in at 7am, they flip everything and they seem to disappear real fast.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you play against real people, expect to play against human traits, especially in an online medium where anonymity rules. These traits include greed, selfishness, arrogance and lack of empathy.

Kyne tends to cycle through people who spend up to several months on top of the leader board taking Emp, campaign after campaign. At least the most recent Emp hog in Kyne has moved on (for now) and is giving someone else a go.

Unless I lose my job and get a divorce, I will never get enough AP to be in the top 5 of a campaign leader board, because I have other things to do. The only time I made the top 10 was during the double AP event, even then I only had a quarter of the AP the leader had.

I don't resent people who are up there all if the time, nor do I admire them. If someone has nothing else to do but play this game, I actually feel sorry for them. Emps are rarely the best players on Kyne and are usually only the people that have the time to zerg enough to get the necessary AP.

However, to give those would be emperors a chance, I would like to see some feature, at least in 7 day campaigns, that stops the same account from being crowned Emp more than once on a campaign and also in successive campaigns.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp on AD Kyne PC/NA inexplicably has been the top of the leaderboard constantly. I barely ever see them unless they're repairing a wall or at a keep capture. I've never actually seen them kill another player.

Not that I'm saying they're sketchy - they just need to put in some legwork to actually learn to play as emp. I think they would enjoy it a lot more if that were the case.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • WhitePawPrints
    WhitePawPrints
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Emp on AD Kyne PC/NA inexplicably has been the top of the leaderboard constantly. I barely ever see them unless they're repairing a wall or at a keep capture. I've never actually seen them kill another player.

Not that I'm saying they're sketchy - they just need to put in some legwork to actually learn to play as emp. I think they would enjoy it a lot more if that were the case.

I can confirm that the max ap player, that nearly doubles the second place player, is very rarely seen on the field or in battles. The player is amassing ap in the hundreds of thousands without contributing to the campaign.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is why he's running 12+ people groups in the middle of the night taking ressources when he alrdy has a lead for 400k over the next person. I mean, I get the emp meta and wanting to farm AP, but the point of rushing a lead is so you can enjoy yourself later.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrong, kyne is for new players. No one here abuses the system to keep emping in a sub 50 campaign.... You guys are being unfair against a new player.
  • Team_Hufflepuff
    Team_Hufflepuff
    Soul Shriven
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Wrong, kyne is for new players. No one here abuses the system to keep emping in a sub 50 campaign.... You guys are being unfair against a new player.

Actually, there are a LOT of veteran players that take advantage of the new player atmosphere in Kyne and the imbalanced scaling towards lower level characters to dominate in PvP. While this isn’t a bad thing, it makes Kyne a place full of not-so-new players too. I know many, many people that create characters frequently just to run in Kyne before they “vet-out”.

The account that we’re speaking of here though will just farm AP for nearly 24 hrs a day, completely ruining other people’s chances for getting emp unless they try to get emp as soon as the campaign resets. It’s certainly more than one person on one account, and they even seem to have cooperation from other factions to create more resources/flags for them to take. They’re constantly hundreds of thousands of points ahead, and they frequently hit over a million AP.

I agree that there should be a limit to the number of times you can emp in 7 day campaigns. Only once a campaign and not in two campaigns consecutively. Maybe there should be an emp “cooling-off” period that goes until the end of the current campaign, and ends at the end of the next one. Or maybe only once per 3 campaigns, to encourage the emp to defend their position instead of logging off.

Then, if you’ve made emp and didn’t secure it, then your spot on the leaderboard can stay, but you should be designated a “former-emp” until your emp cooling-off period ends, and your position doesn’t count towards who will be emp when the keeps are flipped.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Team_Hufflepuff , he was being sarcastic.
  • Team_Hufflepuff
    Team_Hufflepuff
    Soul Shriven
    Well then I'm likely not the only one that took him seriously, and not everyone knows Kyne isn't only for new players. Sarcasm doesn't translate through text, that's why people use /s
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want the community to explain to me what it is like as my comments were inaccurate.
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is kyne
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ad in Kyne NA has reached zerging heights I thought we were exaggerating before. Said emp hog has been running 15-24 people groups all day in ressources at the other end of the map. For 25 hrs now.

The traitor

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me he is a true AvA champion that outplayed the map with his might and sound tactics. His 15-24 people is medium scale in size..... sheesh calm down, ESO is an open world combat, play BGs if you want small scale. You think running in groups of 16 people is easy, it takes a lot of coordination and team work to kill players in a group like that.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't even being clever right now. 2/10 trolling.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    You aren't even being clever right now. 2/10 trolling.

I’m being sincere stop baiting me please.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/10
  • Team_Hufflepuff
    Team_Hufflepuff
    Soul Shriven
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    Sounds to me he is a true AvA champion that outplayed the map with his might and sound tactics. His 15-24 people is medium scale in size..... sheesh calm down, ESO is an open world combat, play BGs if you want small scale. You think running in groups of 16 people is easy, it takes a lot of coordination and team work to kill players in a group like that.

He’s not coordinating those groups well or ANYTHING. He just types “X for group” then all of the new players just join in to run around the map and take resources. He’s constantly losing people and gaining people, and he’s running around to collect all of the offensive AP that his group makes. He’s not even a good player. He gets killed constantly. And in Kyne, 15-24 people is a large group. The game caps groups out at 24 people

So, no might as he can’t even fight.

No sound tactics as he can’t even take a keep that’s being defended (they just go to the out of the way keeps for easy takes and AP).

It’s easy to run a group of 16 people if you’re just taking resources and undefended keeps. Just place rally points and /yell the next destination. If people don’t follow, just boot them and say “x for group” and BAM 8 more people.

These kind of tactics don’t do anything but farm AP. The resources and keeps even flip back before the next evaluation, and he’s taking players away from groups that are defending. He doesn’t even usually stay emp once he’s gotten it, and he only pushes to flip the emp keeps if the other factions are at low population.

So that’s why we bought you were being sarcastic, because you weren’t making sense when it comes to the way PvP is played in Kyne.

And for those who are asking, Kyne is the under-level-50 Cyrodiil campaign, so it’s half new players and half players that take advantage of the new players to game the system or are testing new builds.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Team_Hufflepuff , is it hard to hear with all that whooshing around your ears?
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How I felt taking the poor souls he runs with to their first battles after days (weeks? months?) of ressource taking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGuNJ-nEYg
    Edited by gabriebe on December 28, 2017 5:26PM

The traitor

• Necronhex
    Necronhex
    ✭✭✭
    Hi guys
    I didn't post this to be used to vent at each other but to discuss alternate ways we could fix this issue.
    So i propose that Kyne have a 7 day Emp cool down so others can have a turn there is not a mad rush at start of campaign
    and peeps can get some sleep.Also so its not AP locked all the time ?
    Whats your thoughts?
    ZOS would you be interested in commenting on your thoughts?
    Necron Hex
    Have you not heard of the Dark Brotherhood? Of the remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats? Join us and you'll find the Dark Brotherhood all that and so much more. We are more than anything a union of like minded individuals.
    Lucien Lachance
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't the first time this happens. There is a very simple way this gets solved naturally. The movers in that faction usually leave, and the person at the top spot eventually finds itself with nobody pushing for him or her. It just takes time for people to reach their breaking point.

DC has the same issue in Vivec, although it has had the odd effect of helping the faction win the campaign because the main guilds push for points when they get too close to emp.

Edited by gabriebe on December 29, 2017 3:34PM

The traitor

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    And for those who are asking, Kyne is the under-level-50 Cyrodiil campaign, so it’s half new players and half players that take advantage of the new players to game the system or are testing new builds.

Interesting... players being taken advantage of you say? I made a quite popular forum post about this very same problem and was met by an invective from these people about how they aren’t in there doing exactly this.... *plays kyne for months*
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    I play on Kyne for two years now and from what I saw in-game and read here, the emperor title on both EU/NA servers mean absolutely nothing these days as AP farming is very often accompanied with PvDooring :( There is plenty of players who play Kyne for a long time, some help people learn about PvP and some abuse their inexperience for whatever reasons and it has been like that for a long time now.
    But account wide achievment? No, others stated already it would be bad idea.
    Edited by Kiara on December 31, 2017 10:26AM
  • Lordballak69
    Lordballak69
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see ( first hour 100% ap, 1-2 hours 75% ap, 2-3 50%, 4+ hours 25% ap.). You would have to be logged out of your account an equal amount logged in to reset the timer. Aka, logged in 3 hrs you would have to log out 3 hrs to go back to 100% ap gain. Would help in many ways.