Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ice Comet vs. Shooting Star in PvP

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
What do?
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice Comet if soloing/small scale, Shooting Star if ZvZ.

Even then, Ice Comet is usually the go-to because of damage output. The ult gen is pretty useless in Cyrodiil given its cost.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on December 27, 2017 6:47PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DK shooting star. Others its preferential. If you run dunmer its probably best to stick with shooting, and some builds like a sorc or an NB that want to use ults more often use shooting.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    DK shooting star. Others its preferential. If you run dunmer its probably best to stick with shooting, and some builds like a sorc or an NB that want to use ults more often use shooting.

Though ice comet is more damage and snare.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice comet if you are a warden, 6% additional damage from frost.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on December 27, 2017 7:28PM
  • kharl08
    kharl08
    Fossilized then Shooting star hands down = death
  • ajaxtheboss
    ajaxtheboss
    ✭✭
    I run magsorc and prefer shooting star, a lot of people run as vamp so that flame dmg hurts.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shooting star hits harder against vamps than comet does.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all about ice comet
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shooting Star.

10% more impact damage and a nerfed snare against any target won't make a difference.
    25% more impact and DoT damage against naturally tanky vampires, and 12 ult per zergling hit, will.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go shooting star because the ultimate regen on mobs can be great and at times can be available as much as skoria procc
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Though ice comet is more damage and snare.

The snare is kinda inconsequential to the DK anyway as you will Fossilise anyone you throw a meteor to. They have to CC break and dodge out of the AoE damage anyway, so there's really no difference from Ice Comet in that regard.

As for the damage, since Meteor is considered AoE (hits harder on a Lightning staff than Inferno Staff for example) doesn't Shooting Star get buffed by the World In Ruin passive of the Ardent Flame tree?

I thought World In Ruin +6% and +7% from Dunmer passive, meant that Shooting Star did more damage than Ice Comet for Dunmer DKs. I haven't checked recently cause my Mag DK has always been on Shooting Star.

If you take into account that ult regen is important to DK sustain and that more than half of players are vamps, it's a no brainer. Pretty much like Ice Comet is no brainer for Mag Wardens.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shooting Star will be stronger agains about 70% of Cyrodiil. Why? Because Vamps.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade