Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why you should NOT buy multiple houses ( smh disappointed

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    That...sounds like a weird misconception. Leaving the whole why you'd even want to blow that much money on something easily accessible ingame part aside, why'd you assume an inventory item can magically replicate itself to infinity? They'd lose SO much money if that were true for all the goods in Crown Store lol...imagine buying one fancy chair and furnishing whole house with these as opposed to buying 50 :D

You also won't get a motif for every character after buying one from the Crown Store. It's true for all the items you can actually place/see in your inventory. If you want more than one of them, you'll have to buy more than one of them, that makes sense(the price itself doesn't, but that's another story).

Your brain clearly doesnt get it. Chairs cost 0 you can craft them or buy them for literally 25 crowns.

Mundus stones cost 3500 each.

If you still dont get it just leave this thread lol

Erm...Vvardenfell fancy chairs cost about 500 crowns iirc. There're also a few legendary quality tables and such costing 1-2k crowns. Motifs range from 2k to 5k iirc. The principle is the same - you pay for one item, you get one item. They're not gonna change it and frankly it's pretty obvious that's the way it works. But I suppose it'd be too much to expect logic from someone not even capable of basic politeness.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illumisar wrote: »
    I bought a big screen TV at Best Buy and set it up in my house. Now I have a beach condo and think that Best Buy should give me another TV to take there. And why not??? I SPENT ALL THAT MONEY FOR A TV AND IT'S A SLAP IN THE FACE THAT I HAVE TO SPEND ALL THAT $$$ AGAIN FOR SOMETHING I ALREADY BOUGHT!!!

SLAP!
    IN!
    THE!
    FACE!!!

Anyone else see the problem here?

Comparing ESO to real life xD
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos considers the Mundas Stones to be a convenience item, they have no motivation or real reason to change them.

Besides that paragraph i left originally lol.

It would be a reward to people who have spent a lot in game.

Lets think about the people who have my problem. Its people who have multiple houses and multiple expensive crown items mundus stones etc.

Why should they get punished for spending more than the average player?

It someone owns one house and they have all mundus stones thats great for them. Shows they support game and spend good money on it.

Now if i go and tell that person hey this is a nice house you should consider getting the new one. After a while you convince him he can do great things with his new house. But after you sauce em up a lil bit and get him excited you tell him but fyi you wont get to use these mundus stones at your new house.

You damn right he aint gonna buy it after you tell him that and i WISH i had somebody tell me this before i had bought it i would have never bought it.

Oh well i guess its my fault for having faith in this company

I agree its punishing, I sympathize with you, sorry that didn't come through in my first post, I just think as long as Zos has that attitude there isn't much that can be done.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems perfectly logical to me that an item can only be in one house at a time, so not sure why you would expect anything different. As others have said, if you want more than one of something, you have to buy more than one, not expect free copies.

Me, I have not spent a single crown on housing, but own every gold purchasable home except one. Something like 43 houses, most untouched and undecorated, spread the breadth and length of Tamriel. I do not regret buying any of them, gold is easy to come buy and what else do I spend it on.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can i get like a refund on this house? I dont want it nomore its useless i have to spend another 30k crowns to get it how i want it even though i already spent over 30k crowns on the things im trying to get.

• Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Having multiple homes is enjoyable and I think it is pretty clear to most people which items can be used in more than one house.

The real problem is storage. I want to buy more furniture and I can't, my bank and 4 toons are maxxing item slots. What kind of backward thinking is this; I want to buy stuff with crowns and can't because I don't have unlimited storage for furnishings. I refuse to but an entire house for storage only.

Sorry, off topic. /sigh
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The second those Mundas Stone were in your inventory instead of collectables, every red flag in your brain should have fired off, telling you they were 1 time use items, like crown scrolls. Granted for the outrageous cost of those items, they should be collectables but that is not the case here.

Ty for the "buyer beware" info on the Mundus stones OP, just another reason I won't be buying them, .
    Argonian forever
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can i get like a refund on this house? I dont want it nomore its useless i have to spend another 30k crowns to get it how i want it even though i already spent over 30k crowns on the things im trying to get.

If you have never had a crown item refund they can probably do it for you. Submit an ingame ticket requesting such with your reasoning, but before you do it make sure you remove anything you added to the home.

Keep replying if they say they cant do it... Keep the ticket open till at least next week when the holidays are over and regular staff is back to work(I'm assuming they are off for holiday right now).

When you get the refund, you may notice you still own the home. Do not, I repeat, do not start using the home if this happens. Eventually you will lose access to it, and everything you put into it will vanish. This has happened to someone here on the forums although I cant recall who.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That...sounds like a weird misconception. Leaving the whole why you'd even want to blow that much money on something easily accessible ingame part aside, why'd you assume an inventory item can magically replicate itself to infinity? They'd lose SO much money if that were true for all the goods in Crown Store lol...imagine buying one fancy chair and furnishing whole house with these as opposed to buying 50 :D

You also won't get a motif for every character after buying one from the Crown Store. It's true for all the items you can actually place/see in your inventory. If you want more than one of them, you'll have to buy more than one of them, that makes sense(the price itself doesn't, but that's another story).

Your brain clearly doesnt get it. Chairs cost 0 you can craft them or buy them for literally 25 crowns.

Except no where does the crown stor EVER state items are duplicatable in multiple houses. Saying "But I paid 3500 crowns for mundus stone!!" is redundant, furniture is furniture, be it 25 crown chair or 3500 crown mundus. Not a collectible? Not duplicatable generally.I'm really surprised you assumed the duplicates...at the very least you shouldve asked around more. I spent more than 5500 crowns to get Bouyant Armiger motif book from last crate season, not once i was under the impression I'd get to use it on all characters because "I PAID 5500+ crowns!!!"

ZOS is not at fault here...
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on December 27, 2017 4:45AM
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except no where does the crown stor EVER state items are duplicatable in multiple houses. Saying "But I paid 3500 crowns for mundus stone!!" is redundant, furniture is furniture, be it 25 crown chair or 3500 crown mundus. Not a collectible? Not duplicatable generally.I'm really surprised you assumed the duplicates...at the very least you shouldve asked around more. I spent more than 5500 crowns to get Bouyant Armiger motif book from last crate season, not once i was under the impression I'd get to use it on all characters because "I PAID 5500+ crowns!!!"

Dude i know it doesnt say that anywhere thats why i came to forum to make a case for it.. [snip]. My argument is that you should have certain expensive things house wide if you dont agree thats fine i know many who do agree with me now that i talked to so many people about it and they said they arent ever buying multiple houses because of this.

Looks like a bad marketing decision imo

[Edit for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_MattL on December 28, 2017 2:21PM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riddari wrote: »
    I feel like if you buy something in the crown store it should have infinite supply. Not just 1 per purchase.

you can, but you gotta cut that mundus stone down into smaller chunks to place 1 in each house.
    buy 1, get unlimited free? no.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in the crown store indicates that items purchased will self-clone as many times as you want. They're singular items, not substances, not templates, not recipes.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you expect people to do if they want mundus stones at both of the houses they PAYED FOR.

You bought two houses. It makes sense to me that you would not buy one furnishing and expect it to magically appear in two different places.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before i start i want to say i love this game and ALMOST everything about it. I thought i loved housing until i bought my second house.

I have the topal hideaway and the new house in wrothgar now.

At my old house i have every mundus stone and every target centerion dummy in crown store which im very proud of so i bought them with hard earned money which each go for 3500 crowns. Price is kind of high but hey its a luxury not a need and it's awesome to have.

Now after spending soo much money on my old house buying all the mundus stones banker merchant and all that i figured if I bought a new house those things would atleast be ACCOUNT WIDE.

Do you really not see how wrong that is zos? Do the math please and ask yourself should we really make our customers that want to spend extra to have another house HAVE to buy crown items they already payed for that COST A FORTUNE?!?

3500 x 9 = rip my wallet.

I know im being extra wanting my mundus stones at both houses but is that really alot to ask for considering i spent 19k crowns on topal hideaway 16k on new house over 30k crowns on mundus stones, but no its TOOOOO MUCH to make them account wide smh.

Plus its a crown item exclusive it SHOULD be account wide its not like i can take it to random people's houses and share it around. Its literally bound.

Kinda sad they didnt think this out or they did and they really gave us a slap in face.

as it is to be expected from someone who HATES NIGHTBLADES and take this for his nickname,
    (it obvious you wasn´t in the front row as they spent brains)
    you now have at least something to work on, better as writing posts on NERF nb

enjoy your new home, if you give me your nick in game, I send you some stuff to put in there!
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, and housing needs a NERF
    it is upsetting players to much as it is OP

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that when I encounter nightblades in pvp cyrodiil they don't really pose a true threat imo as say a sorc or a templar, although more inclined to a templar versus a sorc.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why buy Mundus Stones...when you can walk to them...?

One of the top tier 9 trait armour sets lets you use two mundus stones at a time. From memory someone crunched the numbers and for DPS that let you squeeze out another 2'ish % damage with both thief and shadow.

But every time you remove that armour - to wear something else or wear it on at alt - you lose one of your mundus stone buffs and have to revisit. That can get tedious if you're doing it even remotely often.

I suspect that's a big part of the appeal of the bought stones.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My solution would be to make one house the training and practice house. Put the training dummies and Mundas in there and be able to test however I wanted.

I wouldn't want them in all my houses.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • mystfit
    mystfit
    ✭✭✭
    The entitlement that oozes from the OOP is stunning..slap in the face...no one would buy a house if they knew (not true!!)....I'm being punished...that is the talk of a toddler...
    I concede the idea that ZOS makes it confusing by having some things be account wide and some not. Mounts, banker and dyes...all my toons can use them. Some of these 'collectibles'...I don't know how they decide what to make account wide and not. But, assuming is bad form. I'm sure any number of people could have said they don't work that way and saved you a shock. And why shouldn't you research when spending so much money? It's sensible. Though I suppose blaming ZOS is easier and more 'cool'.
    The non-toddler thing to do is suggest ZOS come up with a tag that allows users to easily know what is account wide and not and what can be used more then once. I think it would be useful in a game where it can be confusing.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must admit that the phrase that I hear so often "Entitlement" sounds so redundant... almost or probably all the time the people that call others "entitled" are also guilty of the same thing they accuse the other of. What I mean is that others think that their opinion should be the law and they force it upon others. It is a very common practice. Why mention something you are guilty of just the same?
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then again thinking it might be something used for self reflection that you might be egging someone on to offer some kind of other path in life.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have a free port from house to house. Why do you need all the mundus stones at every house?
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    But did you know that IRL, if you have two houses, and only one fridge, that fridge DOESN'T magically appear at both houses? >:)
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit holds up his paw, for he is confused

This one has many fine houses, each tuned to his moods and yet this thing you ask puzzles...

Why buy Mundus Stones...when you can walk to them...?

:/

This.

Or really anything. If you're buying a house, the presumption is you'd have most, if not all, of the way shrines discovered in every area and should know exactly where the crafted sets and mundus stones are. Tbh, guild halls are the only thing I can see having all of the bells and whistles.

You sunk your money into the mundus stones, and I presume you did that for the convenience or you are creating a guild hall. I don't feel you really have that compelling of a case. Why do you feel like you need every (or even one) mundus stone at all of your houses?

I can see you are frustrated particularly because you spent so much money on the game and the stones but prior to dropping the cash for the stones, did you not do some research into whether they could be placed at all of your houses?

Sorry, but it sounds like you didn't do a lot of research and, in just my opinion made a really poor purchase anyway. I'm sorry I am not sympathetic to your cause but I don't see how ZoS did anything against you or in bad practice. The fact that the stones or any like item isn't available at more than one house at a time is easily learned through some research.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Nothing in the crown store indicates that items purchased will self-clone as many times as you want. They're singular items, not substances, not templates, not recipes.

And yet, if you buy a mount, or a banker or merchant with crowns, you can display a copy of it in each house you own.

I wouldn't pay for mundus stones, personally..... but there should be some consistency here.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a free port from house to house. Why do you need all the mundus stones at every house?

Becsuse i payed good money for them. Its inconsistent if you fail to see that then i dont know what to tell you. Banker cost same as mundus stone so does merchants and half of my mounts, do you not notice those are allowed to be displayed at both houses ? Its why i made this threas
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple of mundus stones in my main house, and I also wish I could put them in my other manors without removing them from the main one. I didn't expect the mundus stones or dummies to be placeable in more than one instance, but your suggestion sounds great to me. It would be super nice if the stones (even if not the dummies) were collectibles like Nuzhimeh and Tythis. I bought them for convenience since I mostly PvP, and also because I have multiple characters that need to switch between mundus stones depending on if I'm doing PvP or PvE. Sometimes I'm trying out a new build and comparing the difference on the DPS parse, it works great. If I have friends or guildies over that do duels they can also switch out and compare mundus stones that they have on.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude i know it doesnt say that anywhere thats why i came to forum to make a case for it.. are you slow or something. My argument is that you should have certain expensive things house wide if you dont agree thats fine i know many who do agree with me now that i talked to so many people about it and they said they arent ever buying multiple houses because of this.

Quit the insults mate, it's childish. You clearly didnt know, as your OP directly stated that you bought a second house assuming that you could share mundus stones between houses. Then you came here to complain to us and insult anyone who points out the flaws in what you say.

Mate, most people buy multiple houses. This is the first thread ive seen complaining about furnishings being unsharable between houses.

And what ZOS is doing is smart. If someone wants another mundus in their new home, they will need to spend more crowns
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude i know it doesnt say that anywhere thats why i came to forum to make a case for it.. are you slow or something. My argument is that you should have certain expensive things house wide if you dont agree thats fine i know many who do agree with me now that i talked to so many people about it and they said they arent ever buying multiple houses because of this.

Quit the insults mate, it's childish. You clearly didnt know, as your OP directly stated that you bought a second house assuming that you could share mundus stones between houses. Then you came here to complain to us and insult anyone who points out the flaws in what you say.

Mate, most people buy multiple houses. This is the first thread ive seen complaining about furnishings being unsharable between houses.

And what ZOS is doing is smart. If someone wants another mundus in their new home, they will need to spend more crowns

Yeah I own like 11 homes and I learned real quick that you can't expect that crafting stations are put on the same level as say... trophies or mounts or non combat pets. Those things are single items only.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On what platform are Mundus stones 3.5k and only 9 are available? For PC/NA, Mundus are 4k each, and there are 13.

In addition to Crown Store Mundus, I'd like the option to craft Mundus stones with recipes bought from the Master Writ vendor, or have them purchasable with vouchers from said vendor.