Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you think home storage will affect bank usage?

resdayn00
resdayn00
✭✭✭
Home storage has been confirmed. All we know about it so far is that it will exist in some form.

Several questions arise, but I'm mainly concerned about its effect on the bank system. As of now, the main way of transferring items from one character to another is through the bank. Let's assume that the only limit on home storage would be the number of container furniture placed in your home (although we currently have no idea about the mechanisms, a container furniture would make the most sense). This could potentially vastly outnumber the bank storage slots, considering multiple houses are available for each player. The fact that you can teleport to any of your homes for free anytime means that home storage is superior to bank in terms of reachability, as banks may be scarce and in some zones "far" from the wayshrines (if running through the town and entering a building can be considered far). One could argue that the banker NPC is more readily available than any of your homes, and it's true, but it's a convenience available only through the Crown Store. Besides the banker NPC, banks offer more options like guild bank and guild store, and currency might also be limited to banks.

So IF we assume that home storage will vastly improve storage, how do you think this will affect bank usage? How will it affect your use of the bank?

p.s.: This is all speculation. I know we have no information other than that it's coming in January.

EDIT: typos.
Edited by resdayn00 on December 22, 2017 9:05PM
PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+

How do you think home storage will affect bank usage? 88 votes

Home storage will be superior to bank in most aspects and will almost completely substitute banks
2%
SirGabenOfSteamialynog85 2 votes
Home storage will reduce the number of players around banks but not greatly
9%
PinesyGChaseXmasKiaraMrGraveslogarifmikGoldneyeFarscape76M_Volsung 8 votes
Home storage and bank won't interfere with each other, both will be equally popular
30%
HrogunLadyAstrumIdinuseDarkhorse1975Leyredspecter23DieAlteHexeEmma_OverloadlillybitHerelacfreahelmKatahdindustbunny1313O_LYKOSPuzzlenutsTyavariLadyHeloiseYamiKurukuboggoRABIDxWOLVERINENelson_Rebel 27 votes
Home storage won't have much popularity among casual players (either very limited or very expensive), but rich players could afford them
14%
BelegnoleIruil_ESOElsonsoOldManJimJaeysaDelpiGlaiceanaVoodooPlatypusdro_rasecwyotimAlpheu5supaskruberickthe 13 votes
Home storage will probably disappoint and will be extremely limited
31%
laurajfnexxus_ESOKlemenziusb16_ESOmakrethGlurinOmniDokimaerilLinaleahCustos91Ferrofluid17BishopSylvisLadyLethallaCadburyHallothielLadyNalcaryaKrainor1974LeogonDawnbladepatrick_smyth 28 votes
Other (Elaborate)
11%
ixieAsha_11_ESOJoosef_KivikilpiDystopia2020newtinmplsAkrasjeldavey1107ColecovisionboombazookajdGimpyPorcupine 10 votes
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL if you think there are going to be easy to obtain simple storage containers that you can drop inside a home and solve all the myriad inventory issues with ESO.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Home storage and bank won't interfere with each other, both will be equally popular
    I think it will be great and wont affect either one negatively. Banks will be more used for consumables, gear and stuff that you want to be able to access quickly. I think housing storage will be to store all the cool collectibles and stuff that you don't have immediate need for and will take some of the burden of finding places to store cool things that you don't need to access right away, I'm thinking furniture and stuff that you don't have a place for right away.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally, I'd be using home storage for a different purpose than my bank storage. My bank has consumables, researchable items, decon items passed from toons, maps, surveys and things like that. I'd use my housing storage for gear sets so it's all in one place and I don't have to toon swap in order to access my collected gear.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing they'll put it behind a paywall or some insane grind to get these housing storage.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its goi g to be more visual storage. So u can see your armmor sets , weapons, etc.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd assume bank storage would be used for things you require more frequent access to and home storage would be a way for you to display items you've collected but don't use frequently. I'd enjoy armor and weapon racks.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope so. I want to believe that ZOS intend to decentralize popular for players spots further. Remember Craglorn before recent changes? That is what I referring to.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget that ZOS don't want to decentivise in any way, the benefits of the subscription so far as bank space is concerned...

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Elaborate)
    I think the storage will be purely for furnishings
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it being a per character storage thing, as toon1 has access to items toon1 placed inside the Item. I can see it even not be accessible by other toons. As in who ever places it gets to use it.

Now don't get me wrong this isn't what i Want to see, but I could see it happening that way.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine it will be very limited, 5 slots storage small houses, 10 for medium, 20 large, something like that.

I hope to be wrong but I'm not getting my hopes too much up.

Or they could offer large storage to please the many users who bought large houses/manors and are obviously unhappy with the current furniture slots number, as some kind of consolation.
    Large storage could be used as incentive too for those who refuse to buy large houses at present because the insufficient furniture slots number. So large storage would be a consolation and incentive.

We will see... though I'm more inclined to vote for the "limited and disappointing" right now.

Edited by RANKK7 on December 23, 2017 1:18AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think housing storage will impact bank storage at all. Both will have their use. Housing storage will be expandable, and likely with gold and crowns (my guess), but I don't expect huge capacity. A few mannequins to "hold" costumes and armour, and chests for keepsakes would keep me happy.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is they will put an account wide storage limit to 20-30items. Doubled by eso plus.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    With all the time they've had to think about it, I would be surprised to see them botch homestead storage or render banks useless. Like @LadyAstrum, I would bet on mannequins and chests with reasonnable capacity.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »

So IF we assume that home storage will vastly improve storage.

This scenario does not seem likely enough to be worth analyzing at this time.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a number of ways that house storage can possibly be executed.

I highly doubt that the bank will compete with house storage - it is not in ZoS's best interest for it to be competative with the banking system.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanna bet that in order to have the storage you'll have to buy it first? ANd it will probaby be overpriced like Banker and Merchant..
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    Let's assume that the only limit on home storage would be the number of container furniture placed in your home (although we currently have no idea about the mechanisms, a container furniture would make the most sense).

That is not a safe assumption to make.

For a single player game, sure. But this an MMO and ESO. Storage isn't going to be that vast and it's probably going to cost real dollars in some fashion.

Eg. there may be a limited number of storage slots per house, you have to pay crowns to unlock each of them and then plug in an appropriate piece of furniture to interact with like a chest.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a six sense this has something to do with the "Special furnishings" slot we have in each home.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think it will replace the convenience of the bank & banker system we have.

I assume it will be something where you have to visit the home you have the stuff stored to retrieve it. Which means it will be a good place to store the nostalgic clutter we all have amassed over time - and it is exactly what is missing.

A place you can store stuff you don't need ready access to. Sets you may want to try but haven't gotten around to make a build for, quest rewards or disguises, that first golded weapon you had (well, it's worth 20 tempering alloys, even though it's only a orichalc battle axe of flame...), that kind of stuff.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Elaborate)
    We need more info really
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inclined to agree with @Akrasjel; we really need more information about the implementation, and I'm planning to wait until I see it on the PTS to pass judgement.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    It will either wreck the whole banking system or be useless.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    I hope for less crowds in banks, at least that's what I think will happen, unless ZOS will screw this feature ^^
    Edited by Kiara on December 24, 2017 10:07PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I think the storage will be purely for furnishings

This.

There is no way they include bank storage as that will diminish the value of the banker assistant and the extra bank slots that come with ESO+. They still want people to buy these things.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 25, 2017 12:36AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People will always use up as much storage as they have available and will go to wherever they need to go to use it. LOTRO has home storage and it doesn't affect bank use in the least, even though you can store anything in house storage, not just furnishings. People just treat it like more bank slots, and they go to wherever the stored the thing they want to take out or where they have space to put something in. I have never, ever heard someone say, "I have enough storage space now, so I won't need this extra over here."
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Elaborate)
    Home storage and the bank won't interfere with one another, might reduce the amount of players around the banks but not greatly, it won't be popular amongst casual players (It will be too limited or too expensive), and considering the things people think it will be it will likely disappoint.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (Elaborate)
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised if like "horse" storage, it just adds to total bank space for the account.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever it is, I just hope that its account based like the normal bank and not character based.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 26, 2017 3:42AM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is it's gonna be limited to furniture and maybe armor/weapons with a catch for eso+