The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding ESO gold key to a basic accout

MrReynolds101
MrReynolds101
Soul Shriven
Morning / aftternoon / evening all. (please move as I'm sure there's a better place to write this)....

I've only just started the journey in this wonderful World - moving from the free week's trial to a baisc account.
I have the Gold edition being delivered today as it's so good.

Do I just add the key to my basic account, and it'll link with my existing character or do I need to create a seperate account for this edition?
Thanks for any help, MrR.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on regular PC, you can redeem the Gold key on your existing ESO account page and it will upgrade. The same goes for Morrowind too. Works perfectly.

It also works for ESO accounts created through Steam, but the caveat is that you need at least the base game (Tamriel Unlimited) purchased on Steam to play those accounts. You also can only play those accounts through the Steam client - it will not let you play through the regular PC client (you can circumvent this if you have a regular PC account and you link it to your Steam copy of ESO - doing it this way actually lets you play through both clients).

To simplify:

On regular PC -> Redeem key on ESO account page -> Good to go

On Steam (or ESO account created through Steam) -> Have at least base game purchased on Steam -> Redeem key on ESO account page -> Play through Steam client -> Good to go

Edited by AlienatedGoat on December 22, 2017 9:34AM
    PC-NA Goat
  • MrReynolds101
    MrReynolds101
    Soul Shriven
    BRAVO. Excellent detailed reply - many thanks.
    Happy hunting :-)