The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Randomly Logged out of Forums?

lagrue
lagrue
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been visiting here for years, and have my info saved to my broswer...I never intentionally log out, the only times I do get logged out is when I run CCleaner on my PC which nukes my internet history. To that merit I have no run CCleaner. Normally when I come to the site, I'm already logged in and all is well.

I'm a bit confused and concerned that I got logged out :| Has anybody had this happen? The only thing different I did yesterday was report a thread, but I don't see why that would log ME out.

Anybody? Probably going to change my pass now because I'm worried....
PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
*GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was logged out too. Relax.

It's a good policy to change your password anyway.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the cookie that's used to store your credentials expires after a certain time. I never log out either, but ever once in a while I have to log in again. This usually happens after MS updates. The site can no longer confirm the computer's fingerprint that is logging in, so you have to validate again.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    I believe the cookie that's used to store your credentials expires after a certain time. I never log out either, but ever once in a while I have to log in again. This usually happens after MS updates. The site can no longer confirm the computer's fingerprint that is logging in, so you have to validate again.

Agreed in general, although I'm not convinced that the timing is related to MS updates - I was logged out on one machine yesterday but haven't installed this month's Windows Updates yet. You may in any event get logged out as a result of clearing your cache/cookies etc perhaps as part of a scan or general clean-up of your machine.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually logged out on all of my devices some time last night. I'm guessing it was something on the website's side this time.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel better now knowing that it wasn't just me.