Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If you could split the queues only one way, how would you do it?

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious to see what comes out on top. There are many ways to divide the queues but sadly we don’t have the population to run 16 different queues (4 options 2 choices = 4x4)

All of these are good ways to divide the queue. There’s no wrong answer. I’m just curious to see which one of these is the MOST important to each player.
Edited by Thogard on December 19, 2017 8:35PM
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

If you could split the queues only one way, how would you do it? 59 votes

CP queue and No CP queue
28%
Solarikenmistermagic87b14_ESOMurderMostFoulSkoomahJohnfred24DetectorKartalinRoamingRiverElkPaganiniChunkyCatBeardimusEdmundTowersMarabornwingrionRABIDxWOLVERINEhr4bn4zTheYKcidVaranisArano 17 votes
PUG queue and Premade queue
37%
IcyDeadPeopleDeadlyRecluseMaulkinidkFarorinToRelaxSorisAnethumFfastylKronuxxCadburyFischblutNordSwordnBoardrhapsodiousTaylor_MBRatzkifalYamiKurukuNelothTrinotopsgabormezo 22 votes
Ranked queue and Unranked Queue
13%
arkansas_ESOwheem_ESOMojomonkeymanLokoMaticTimeDazzlerThogardDosPanchosdel9 8 votes
Deathmatch Queue, Flag Queue, Land Grab queue, etc
13%
MipMipDKsUniteBetsararieNewton's_baneJierdanitNyassaVRainravenATomiX96 8 votes
Other
6%
Taleof2CitiesTBoisSilverPawsPhoenixGrey 4 votes
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is assuming the population could only sustain one “split”
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranked & Unranked is all we need, pugs & premades will separate naturally through this. As much as I dislike CP BGs, its the lesser evil. We need to match teams better.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranked & Unranked is all we need, pugs & premades will separate naturally through this. As much as I dislike CP BGs, its the lesser evil. We need to match teams better.

You and I are the only votes for that option at the moment ;)

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No split

Just No - CP and game mode defaults to deathmatch. :D

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP queue and No CP queue
    I think ranked vs unranked, pug vs premade — both would be amazing. But I don’t think they’re realistic. Cp vs no cp is the only one I feel ZOS is capable of achieving.

As far as specific game types go, I think we would be less thirsty for a deathmatch only queue if we just got a higher frequency of deathmatches. One in ten doesn’t cut it. That said if I have time for a match or two I’d want to do deathmatches. If I’m playing for two hours straight, I don’t mind a few other types mixed in.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP queue and No CP queue
    I could handle the PUGs and Pre-mades and all the modes mixed together, but it would be nice for all the people who prefer CP PVP to get to do Battlegrounds in their preferred PVP mode and the people who prefer No CP PVP to get to do Battlegrounds in their preferred PVP mode.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...but I'd rather it be noCP.

I haven't messed around in battlegrounds in a few months, but usually when I'm in there, the population doesn't seem high enough to support proper ranked play.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to see if the outcome of this poll would be as split as I thought it would... looks like I was right.

This is why we can’t have nice things :(

Too few players and too many important ways to divide the queues.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you guys feel about a “ranked / cp queue” and “unranked / no cp queue”

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with the concept, but disagree on implementation. Maybe they sort themselves by premades vs pug - If your pug is good enough to try the pre mades category, leaderboard discussion follows after this.

Are there leaderboard people who exclusively or predominantly pug?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Non-CP = Ranked (Can't abuse broken CP builds for Chaosball, CTR, ETC.) Unranked = CP, because we all know those who still want CP really need them to PVP effectively.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with the concept, but disagree on implementation. Maybe they sort themselves by premades vs pug - If your pug is good enough to try the pre mades category, leaderboard discussion follows after this.

Are there leaderboard people who exclusively or predominantly pug?

Leaderboards atm are based largely on how much you play (also how many points you score, but mostly on playtime)

If we did ranked vs unranked, we’d have to rank teams, not players, and we’d have to use an MMR style ranking where you got more points for beating a better team and lost points for losing to a worse team, etc

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch Queue, Flag Queue, Land Grab queue, etc
    Other choices would be ranked and unranked which is sorta like premade and pug (Sorta)
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP queue and No CP queue
    I went with CP/Non-CP over PUG/Premade because the Premade advantage is significantly decreased in Non-CP where tanking and healing aren't over the top and it typically doesn't take a whole team to take some builds down.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP queue and No CP queue
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I think ranked vs unranked, pug vs premade — both would be amazing. But I don’t think they’re realistic. Cp vs no cp is the only one I feel ZOS is capable of achieving.

As far as specific game types go, I think we would be less thirsty for a deathmatch only queue if we just got a higher frequency of deathmatches. One in ten doesn’t cut it. That said if I have time for a match or two I’d want to do deathmatches. If I’m playing for two hours straight, I don’t mind a few other types mixed in.

I would love the matchmaking to be weighted for 50% deathmatch and 50% objective (all other modes). I like the variety of modes, but myself and most others prefer deathmatch.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP queue and No CP queue
    Thogard wrote: »
    How would you guys feel about a “ranked / cp queue” and “unranked / no cp queue”

Would have to be the other way around man. NonCP is a more even playing field and less prone to abusive behavior and build favoritism.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Extensive feedback, bear with me.

Queueing

I think Premade vs Randoms has the biggest impact on game balance. In my humble opinion that's more important to sort out than ranking which would require quite advanced MMR mechanism (a massive time and money investment from ZOS).

You have solo players, duos, trios and full premades (quartets). A simple mechanism is to have two different queues, one for large group and the other for small group.
    - Solo players are seeded into both queues, similar to when you queue for 2 dungeons at the same time.
    - Duos are only in the small group queue
    - Trios and Quartets only enter large group queue.

When you enter the game, there should be a way of knowing if it's a small or large group game, same as you now do with the game mode. Because knowledge of the situation will affect how the solo player behaves. If he's in a large group game, he knows the other 3 in his/her team are premade so it's more beneficial to follow them around (or follow their instructions) and be careful of getting bombed by premades. If it's small group game it tends to be more random.

Would I like to see MMR? Sure. Is it likely ZOS will invest the time and money on such a thing when it affects only a small part of the player base? Not really. Is there enough player base for a full rankings system? I doubt it.

Game Modes

Regarding game modes, most of them are fun except Domination. It's just a running match where you avoid conflict. The opposite of what PvP should be about. I would like to see it replaced with King of the Hill type game. Dominate a single area that everyone contests for (like a flag) and the longer your team dominate the area a debuff to healing and damage becomes progressively worse. When another team takes control of the area, the debuff is purged.

Now Crazy King, in my opinion, should stop at 3 flags which still encourages conflict. The game becomes too much like Domination towards the end, which is not a good thing. Also we kinda need another Deathmatch mode since we have 2 flag and 2 landgrab games. One without the Power Sigil would be very very welcome.

CP/No CP

There seem to be more players on CP than there used to be on no-CP. Reflecting what we also see in AvA campaigns with more players in the CP than the no-CP campaign. As such I think their choice, which I was objecting to at the time, seems fully justified. I also doubt there'd be enough players if both options are offered. So I'd say CP needs to stay as is for now.

Ultimately I'd like BGs to be spun off Morrowind and become a DLC you can buy for crowns. Currently many people don't want to spend money for the Morrowind expansion and are therefore locked out of BGs. If that happened and the population increased, then maintaining a CP and a No-CP queue in parallel could be manageable.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If there’s no wrong answer then why isn’t “fine the way it is” not a poll option?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there’s no wrong answer then why isn’t “fine the way it is” not a poll option?
    Because these are the official ZOS message boards and exist solely for us to whine and demand how ZOS should run their game. Duh.

Also, just because I didn’t list a “wrong answer” doesn’t mean that there isn’t one. “It’s fine the way it is” is the only wrong answer ;)

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BG should become populated before any changes to queue.
    And btw queue still not work as flawless as it should.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    BG should become populated before any changes to queue.
    And btw queue still not work as flawless as it should.

They will not populated with nowadays system never.
    Most players after getting absolutly disqusting experience just left bg abd never return instead of to have a motivation to make a builds, or design a group to fight with a groups not randoms.
    I've met u in bgs sometimes, u (permablocker magetemplar no?) in effective premade group mostly - was u enjoyed that?
    I don't play in premade groups cause in today's bg it's in 80 or 90% u will fight only vs randoms with poor or none teamwork and its unworthy.

It should be separate, with option when random can play with and vs randoms only, but he can also turn off this option and be queyed to fight vs premade in battlegrounds if he wants.
    Choice, freedom...
    And 2 different leaderbords ofc.
    And, it will be populated cause main problems solved and it's interesting.
    No-cp option also will be nice.
    Edited by Anethum on December 28, 2017 5:47AM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranked vs unranked is impossible for Zenimax.
    Engine for this is too complex i think.
    I really don't believe they can develop this to work proper.
    As a first let themto allow ppl at least opportunity to play only with randoms if they want.
    Ranks, maybe ina future, but, no i really don't believe this happends
    @Anethum from .ua
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Don't split the queue bit allow the queued players to vote on map and game type
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    Don't split the queue bit allow the queued players to vote on map and game type
    Oh snap. A new challenger approaches.

That’s a great idea