Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long does it takes to reach CP CAP

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
A guildie of mine grinded his way from 0 to 690 in 254 hours.

Screenshot_54.png

254 hours of hardcore grind with trainning set and xp scrolls/pots and sometimes others guildies help.

DISCLAIMER: This is just informative, please keep friendly. Let's try not to be much judgmental or harsh on the player. People play as they want.
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, they know how to grind. Do they know how to play?

Better question: Did they actually enjoy that grind, or are they going to be so burnt out of the game on their now max-level character that they'll despise even logging in?

What's the point in the rush? You still have gear, shards, alliance/guild lines. Most of your stat benefits are available at CP300.

Just get there when you get there. If you play a reasonable amount, even once every 12 days (enlightenment cap) you'll hit max and then some.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    I started playing ESO in october 2016. I play on average 3 or 4 nights a week. I have 9 toons, and I am at 681CP right now.

Did the math.. :| Played on all toons: (give or take a few deconned toons) 1953 hours. (That's 81 days).
    Edited by Golnebo on December 22, 2017 3:29PM
    PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, they know how to grind. Do they know how to play?

Better question: Did they actually enjoy that grind, or are they going to be so burnt out of the game on their now max-level character that they'll despise even logging in?

What's the point in the rush? You still have gear, shards, alliance/guild lines. Most of your stat benefits are available at CP300.

Just get there when you get there. If you play a reasonable amount, even once every 12 days (enlightenment cap) you'll hit max and then some.

I totally agree with and I don't think that I would play any kind of game like that at all. Neither I would suggest this kind of approach to any new player. As I said, I just wanted to be informative.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He can count himself lucky that he only had to do it for 1 toon.

In the good old days every toon on an account had to level individually to level cap through the veteran ranks.
    My internet is invalid
  • helena21
    helena21
    I say enjoy the game, you don't have to rush your way towards 690. Sure it is nice to have all these CPs but I agree with Merlin that this is not necessarily a good index. it is surprising how often you will meet really bad players at maximum level and that's not what you aim for right? :) There are exceptions of course, so at least choose a "wise" way of leveling up. Start early testing your DPS, check your tolerance in veteran Maelstrom, test new builds, modify/improve your gameplay and so on. It may take much longer but I say it's worth it more than 250 hours of boring/intensive grinding. Besides around 300-400 CP you are OK to do more difficult content, given that you DO actually know how to play by then.

Enjoy

• ashl3y44
    ashl3y44
    ✭✭
    Took me over 1000 hours but I have completed all dungeons, vet dungeons and most quests I’mstill working on cadwells gold. Completed all Normal trials and most Vet ones as well. I have around 1200 play hours on one character and 300 on another and I’m around 790 cp now
    Edited by ashl3y44 on December 19, 2017 4:37PM
    660 High elf mag sorc, Argonian templar healer, & Dark elf mag Dk.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing at the very tail end of beta ... but because of the heavy amount of time spent on non-vet alts, I’m still only at CP865.

Never grinded CP.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I'll never understand is grinding - it just doesn't make sense to me to spend hour after hour doing mindless repetitive activities for XP, gold, or whatever.

Maybe I'm an outlier, but systems that encourage grinding such as in ESO (champion point system + higher XP for grinding) just turn me off and make it less likely I'll play the game 'seriously'.

So in ESO, I've played on and off over several years, am only in the 400s CP wise, and have spent very little on the game (base game, a few months of ESO+, and Morrowind through a cheap upgrade code).

If the game hadn't been so built around mindless time sinks and time gates, I might have spent more time and money - but it is what it is - which to me is an enjoyable casual side game that is easy to drop into from time to time without having to invest a lot of time or money.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over 3500hrs in and I'm only around 660.
    [DC/NA]
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't grind cp, and generally try to avoid grinding as much as possible, one exception being leveling new skill lines. been actively playing for over a year (I did play at launch but left before first month was over and didn't get all that far back then). currently at cp 685 through natural playing. double xp events help a LOT though, because its kind of amazing how much xp you get just from running multiple characters through daily writs (which take me on average about 5 minutes per character with addon. i actualy timed it)
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I have some info for you, but it's just that, info. But what? Loud noises!!! Why would anyone do this!?!?! Attack!!!!!

Calm down people, I for one find the info very interesting. I had a buddy do it 2 summers ago (cap was lower) and was able to do the deed in about 2.5 weeks of real time, but he was online for most of it.

I get it for some people. The number of people I know that have thoroughly leveled a character to 50 only to reach the CP system and say, "what now? you want me to grind how many CP to be invited to a competitive raid?" Some people don't give a darn about quests or the economy. They want to compete at endgame PVP or PVE. To do that, you need to be at the cap or close to it. I am glad someone did the grind and kept the receipts. It's just information. The more you know...
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 19, 2017 5:51PM
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, I have some info for you, but it's just that, info. But what? Loud noises!!! Why would anyone do this!?!?! Attack!!!!!

Calm down people, I for one find the info very interesting. I had a buddy do it 2 summers ago (cap was lower) and was able to do the deed in about 2.5 weeks of real time, but he was online for most of it.

I get it for some people. The number of people I know that have thoroughly leveled a character to 50 only to reach the CP system and say, "what now? you want me to grind how many CP to be invited to a competitive raid?" Some people don't give a darn about quests or the economy. They want to compete at endgame PVP or PVE. To do that, you need to be at the cap or close to it. I am glad someone did the grind and kept the receipts. It's just information. The more you know...

And this is exactly why I stopped playing this game the first time and why I only play the game casually as a way to take a break now and then from other games.

I'm competitive enough to be willing to put in the time and effort to master the game and progress through increasingly difficult content, but I'm not masochistic enough to spend hundreds of hours repeating no challenge content just to have the opportunity to be competitive in end-game content.

I'm also not blind to the fact the game is set to one power level, so while they continually raise the CP cap and let players think they are gaining more power, they also take back elsewhere through adjustments and nerfs - so not only is it a terrible grind to reach cap, once there it is a giant treadmill to no where.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually this info is quite helpful for me since I'm in the process of grinding up my CP on a second platform (PC). Obviously, I probably won't grind THAT much and in fact, I'll most likely stop grinding at CP500 and from then on not bother too much.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So your guild mate spent 0 time talking, 0 time finding guilds, 0 inactive time?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot freaking longer if you only do pvp :(
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnblade wrote: »

And this is exactly why I stopped playing this game the first time and why I only play the game casually as a way to take a break now and then from other games.

I'm competitive enough to be willing to put in the time and effort to master the game and progress through increasingly difficult content, but I'm not masochistic enough to spend hundreds of hours repeating no challenge content just to have the opportunity to be competitive in end-game content.

I'm also not blind to the fact the game is set to one power level, so while they continually raise the CP cap and let players think they are gaining more power, they also take back elsewhere through adjustments and nerfs - so not only is it a terrible grind to reach cap, once there it is a giant treadmill to no where.

I definitely understand that position. If you have played pretty much consistently since launch, it's really not an issue. I definitely did some grinding early on, but I sure as heck didnt do it for 10 days straight. haha. I never really felt like I needed to grind CP, except for maybe a bit when they first launched. I am so far over the cap now that even if I took a year off, it wouldnt really matter from an XP standpoint. Thanks to transmute stations, gear grinds have GREATLY diminished in this game. They still exist, but an evening in PVP (For crystals) followed by a few hours of specific content is enough to farm just about any gear set you need. They only difficult thing that remains at this point is really more about difficulty barriers than time barriers (i.e. if you cant clear VMA in the first place, the grind length isnt all that relevant.)
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Actually this info is quite helpful for me since I'm in the process of grinding up my CP on a second platform (PC). Obviously, I probably won't grind THAT much and in fact, I'll most likely stop grinding at CP500 and from then on not bother too much.

I bet there is more of this going on than you think. I would normally have very little interest in grinding to 690 CP from scratch, but lets say I got a job in Europe and swapped servers, or got hit in the head really hard and decided to switch to console, you better believe I would grind up a reasonable amount of CP. :smiley:
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely no grind average hours about 12 months
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

Screenshot_54.png

254 hours of hardcore grind with trainning set and xp scrolls/pots and sometimes others guildies help.

DISCLAIMER: This is just informative, please keep friendly. Let's try not to be much judgmental or harsh on the player. People play as they want.

im about to hit 1700 hours played and im cp 768
    Edited by chris211 on December 19, 2017 8:16PM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It took me about 1000 hours of just playing. 250 hours grinding sounds about right.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

[Snip]

You know that this isn't actually mine, I just shared it just for the sake of information, as I state on original comment.

And yes, I have been around these forums for quite a while to know how people usually react to stuff like this :D At least people are being really civil and construcive. I'm proud of y'all.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on January 3, 2018 2:10PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Screenshot_54.png

Was your guildie an Altmer?
    And once we know that,
    would someone more intelligent than myself be willing to run the numbers to figure out how much time Altmer saves?
    just for interest sake
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

Screenshot_54.png

And once we know that,
    would someone more intelligent than myself be willing to run the numbers to figure out how much time Altmer saves?
    just for interest sake

Why would altmer save time?
    [DC/NA]
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

Screenshot_54.png

And once we know that,
    just for interest sake

557a1a693332703.jpg

Does this not apply to CR experience gains as well?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »

Screenshot_54.png

And once we know that,
    just for interest sake

557a1a693332703.jpg

Does this not apply to CR experience gains as well?

Yes it does
  • Resfeber
    Resfeber
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    So your guild mate spent 0 time talking, 0 time finding guilds, 0 inactive time?
    Bathroom breaks are for the weak!

Also finding this thread interesting btw. I play fairly casually these days so I'm interested to hear the dedication it takes to actually grind up.
    Resfeber (n.): the restless race of the traveler's heart before the journey begins, when anxiety and anticipation are tangled together; a travel fever that can manifest as an illness.
    [Jan '14 Beta Tester]
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Back in my day, we had to grind to cp 690. Up hill, both ways, in the snow.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CP hard CAP is actually 3600 :wink: (=every CP tree maxed out)

The Cap you mean, is only the sofcap, for the points you can actually use ;)
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys. Cp Cap is 3600 (ok hard cap). Takes waaaaaaaaaaaay longer.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Almost 11 days to grind out 690CP? damn.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)