The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would You Like To See A Two-Person Arena?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Pretty basic question, would this be something people are interested in and could ZOS potentially implement it in a future update? I personally think it would be great to have a very challenging trial on a similar level to vMA, but for two people. Maybe it would be superfluous. Thoughts? I know vDSA is four people and kinda close, but personally Im a big fan of duo play in PvP and would like something very challenging in PvE.
Edited by Vapirko on December 8, 2017 12:24PM

Would You Like To See A Two-Person Arena? 81 votes

Yes, I would like to see this.
85%
CavalryPKSolarikenDeadlyRecluseLightspeedflashb14_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOkwisatzDiatonicAektannkojouadriant1978hondelinkGhanima_AtreidesKanarTieberionVeneficaVyle_BytegreyloxMissBizzNolaArchListerJMC 69 votes
No, I don't think this is needed.
13%
GilvothmoutonAzuryadeathcoyrwb17_ESOtechnohicAlnilamEDerraBNOCD0RID0RI240maniac4maniacdevilfunk 11 votes
Other.
1%
Ladislao 1 vote
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it's hard to find people for trials. I would love a two-person trial. My friend and I would have a blast.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called Normal DSA.

If you are really good, you could try vDSA and see how far you go.
    The Moot Councillor
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh?

If you want to test your self-sufficiency, damage mitigation, DPS and situational awareness, you've got Vet Maelstrom.

If you want to test your teamwork in a souped up version of group dungeons, you've got Vet Dragonstar Arena.

If you want to have fun with another friend in challenging content, try 2-manning the vet dungeons, Imperial City Bosses, Craglorn group dungeons, or Vet Dragonstar.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It comes with a potential risk to RL-relationships tho ;)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be awesome
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be a cool addition, many players only have 1 person they hang out with, *** around and quest with. I don't think it's necessary, but that's the same as homestead, 5 more trials, new dungeons and sets every dlc update.
    But I do think a lot of relationships and frienships may be at risk haha.
    Edited by Nephimana on December 17, 2017 6:52AM
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh?

If you want to test your self-sufficiency, damage mitigation, DPS and situational awareness, you've got Vet Maelstrom.

If you want to test your teamwork in a souped up version of group dungeons, you've got Vet Dragonstar Arena.

If you want to have fun with another friend in challenging content, try 2-manning the vet dungeons, Imperial City Bosses, Craglorn group dungeons, or Vet Dragonstar.

The point most people are interested in is most likely to have a formal reward at the end of the "trial" designed for 2 players.
    Doing the same content you've done 500 times just with less people isn't rewarding. It's not just about being challenging.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh?

The point most people are interested in is most likely to have a formal reward at the end of the "trial" designed for 2 players.
    Doing the same content you've done 500 times just with less people isn't rewarding. It's not just about being challenging.

Translated: I want more shiny stuff. I'm willing to do hard content for it, but I still want the shiny stuff.

I mean, if you want the challenging experience like some people are claiming they do, that experience is available in game. If you want new content, well, that's something that ZOS does on their own time and regularly releases new DLC dungeons at the least. If you want the shiny rewards, well...

My point here isn't that a 2-person Arena shouldn't happen. My point is that the challenging experience you would get from a 2-person arena is already available in game with two-manning existing content. Therefore, its my strong suspicion that ZOS will not do a 2-person arena when they can get much much more play-hours out of adding another solo arena, another 4-man arena, new DLC dungeons, and new trials. Those are more likely to appeal to a larger player-base and already fit in well with the existing end-game content so those are far more likely to appeal to ZOS in terms of development to playtime ratio.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been wishing for this for almost 4 years! There are alot of ppl who run around as a pair, it would be lovely to have something for a duo. Sure, ya.. we know we can go do 4 mans with 2 ppl, its not the same and Im sure we've all done so. Not the point. Something designed for a duo could be super fun.

Why vote down having more options for different gameplay? Never understand that about some people.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And add more 4 man arenas like vDSA.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh?

Translated: I want more shiny stuff. I'm willing to do hard content for it, but I still want the shiny stuff.

I mean, if you want the challenging experience like some people are claiming they do, that experience is available in game. If you want new content, well, that's something that ZOS does on their own time and regularly releases new DLC dungeons at the least. If you want the shiny rewards, well...

My point here isn't that a 2-person Arena shouldn't happen. My point is that the challenging experience you would get from a 2-person arena is already available in game with two-manning existing content. Therefore, its my strong suspicion that ZOS will not do a 2-person arena when they can get much much more play-hours out of adding another solo arena, another 4-man arena, new DLC dungeons, and new trials. Those are more likely to appeal to a larger player-base and already fit in well with the existing end-game content so those are far more likely to appeal to ZOS in terms of development to playtime ratio.

It's like you didn't even read what i wrote...so i'll try again.
    "Doing the same content you've done 500 times just with less people isn't rewarding. It's not just about being challenging."

Technically the solo content that maelstrom provided was, in your opinion, already in the game... since you could go solo vet dungeons. Yet... here we are with a successful solo trial with SHINY STUFF that was included with one of their best DLCs.

BTW, what research have you done to show that another solo arena would provide more play-hours than a duo arena? 4 person? 12 person?... i'd be interested in reading that.

Just fyi... when maelstrom came in... everyone hated the idea on the forums. Myself included. Turned out to be a great addition to the game. Try to be more open to something different instead of mindlessly hating on a post.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Id also like them to build on vmas content, so another solo trial. Doesnt have to have Bis gear dropped to avoid forcing people to it, but still a solo arena for those who like the challenge/competition.
    After having done Vma a billion times, doing top 10 leaderboard runs, having all weapons etc, i simply cant get myself to do it anymore.
    A shame beacuse i like the concept. Yes you can solo vet dungeons etc for challenge, but its not the same as running content specifically tailored to challenge solo players.
    An alternative would be scaling old content from 1 to 4 players, could be done with far less work, and i bet there would be people running them. Im talking about trials mostly, but 4 man dungeons could be there as well.
    So to summarise, yes to 2 man arena and in general yes to smaller scale challenging content. Organising trials can be a pita for sure.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh?

"Doing the same content you've done 500 times just with less people isn't rewarding. It's not just about being challenging."

Technically the solo content that maelstrom provided was, in your opinion, already in the game... since you could go solo vet dungeons. Yet... here we are with a successful solo trial with SHINY STUFF that was included with one of their best DLCs.

BTW, what research have you done to show that another solo arena would provide more play-hours than a duo arena? 4 person? 12 person?... i'd be interested in reading that.

Just fyi... when maelstrom came in... everyone hated the idea on the forums. Myself included. Turned out to be a great addition to the game. Try to be more open to something different instead of mindlessly hating on a post.

Disagreeing with you and explaining why isn't mindlessly hating on a post, thanks. Try again.

I don't think a 2-person arena is a bad idea. I just don't think its going to happen because ZOS will mostly likely focus on additional 4-man dungeons or 12-man trials to build off of the end-game content and playstyles already in the game. In the meantime, there are things in game you can do to replicate that experience while ZOS rolls out new content, whatever that new content is. And if you don't find that rewarding, well, I guess you can keep doing whatever you were doing until ZOS comes out with content that you do find rewarding.

You want a 2-person arena because you would find that rewarding, challenging, and fun. Cool for you. More power to you if you can convince ZOS there's enough player demand for it. I suspect there's a much greater demand for new 4-man dungeons and 12-man trials so that's where ZOS is more likely to funnel their development hours, but I may be wrong.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh?

Everyone hated on MSA? I sure didn't.

It's worth noting that, over a year down the line, with 360+CP, a bunch of new gear and new optimal rotations, the forums are absolutely riddled with "Reduce VMA difficulty", "VMA is too hard", "Nerf X in VMA" and "Give me my weapon NOW so I can never go back" posts - still to this day.

Also worth noting, your definition of "challenge" may be significantly different to mine and with that said, how do you balance it? This is probably a different discussion about content being consistently catered to absolute beginners but nonetheless, if the content was designed to a level where top players are struggling, then in theory it has better legs than VMA ever did in terms of play-ability - Well, until all of the SHINY-hunters who think they're owed something because it exists, can't do it; simply give up and comes straight on the forums, as per.

I don't think it's necessary, but if they want to bring it in, fine, it'll get played. But I'd hope they remember that not everyone is entitled to complete the content and it doesn't need watered down to cater for the weak - At that point, you cut the content off to experienced and strong players and before you know it, you're back in this "Same content, 500 times" situation.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    It's called Normal DSA.

If you are really good, you could try vDSA and see how far you go.

What is that even have to do with it ? Is this main reason for You to be on no ?

Vet DSA is 3 years old content prepared for 4 man groups updated just once 1 year ago so it would match more to game state. We're talking about content designed for 2 players matching more to recent build diversity and power creep not about doing old 4 man content in 2 man because current power creeps are too high for it.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id like to see it but Im already forseeing people being able to solo it and carry some scrub and then have a bunch of scrubs running around with a skin or weapon or something they didnt earn.
    Edited by SupremeRissole on December 24, 2017 12:42PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to see it but Im already forseeing people being able to solo it and carry some scrub and then have a bunch of scrubs running around with a skin or weapon or something they didnt earn.

Then, clearly, solo content is all this game should ever provide. Stendarr, in your justice, grant that no scrub ever be carried through anything ever again. May their falsely earned rewards turn to ashes in their mouths.

I mean, Divines forbid! Clearly we should have no nice group content ever again because *gasp* someone might get carried!

Thanks for the laugh this morning. I needed it.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please! Come on, ZOS. Let's have something for the gamer couples. :)
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! I would kill for a 2-man trial to run with bae. We need more content like this.
    NA PS4
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I do a lot of solo content, I do a lot of dungeons with pugs, and I've done a couple trials with guildmates, but at my age and with a usually hectic and strict schedule, sometimes it would be nice to have something built for just two people. My buddy gets on from time to time, and we often go wandering as a tandem, but having something specifically built FOR a duo would give us something extra to go do without having to find others on a whim.
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭

Then, clearly, solo content is all this game should ever provide. Stendarr, in your justice, grant that no scrub ever be carried through anything ever again. May their falsely earned rewards turn to ashes in their mouths.

I mean, Divines forbid! Clearly we should have no nice group content ever again because *gasp* someone might get carried!

Thanks for the laugh this morning. I needed it.

Mainly referring to to people who pay for maw skins and the like.