The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Kinda tired of mega heals and shields

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
This doesn't feel like a class or resource issues...it feels like across all lasses, but the mega heals (on non-healers) are getting kinda annoying. I’m talking about a solo player of most any class swinging from 15% to 100% health in like 1/2 second. I’m not sure what’s doing that exactly...but it seems like heals are way more powerful than they used to be.

I’d take a 25% nerf to my own heals if they were all brought down. I’m not sure if that would change the effect or not.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    that from a stamblade... you want to crap out the surviveability of magsorc mag templars and mag wardens and give almost nothing in exchange ?

against it!
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 12, 2017 9:53AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    that from a stamblade... you want to crap out the surviveability of magsorc mag templars and mag wardens and give almost nothing in exchange ?

against it!

It would effect Wardens, DKs and NBs the most.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trashs1 I said I’d take it, not that I recommend it, lol.

I don’t think a heal reduce would hurt my Magplar too much. I mean...they stack so many heals. Magsorcs are OP and need nerfs, but I’m not sure that it’s a heal nerf they need.

I think a heal nerf would hit stamblades. No? They don’t have that many heals...I thought my hyperbolic suggestion sounded like “death to Nightblades.”

I was thinking more generally about whether heals might be broken or something. I notice a lot of players seem to pull what appears to be a 16-20k heal instantly...the bar swings to full health over and over. It seems like that happened way back in an old update too, and at the point I remember them saying they were trying to keep heal power under control.
    Options
  • Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    What you may be looking for is a cp nerf.
    Edited by Ultimate_Overlord on December 12, 2017 10:27AM
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord

CP nerf? Hmm...probably you’re right. The rebalance this year was really weird to me because the diminishing return model made it so a top CP character can pull 80% of the best buffs from the trees instead of 50% before. That power creep might be what’s doing it, although damage output feels about right to me on most classes.

I don’t know...maybe people are popping a potion and using their Best heal at the same time. But I watched a magblade refill his health from 20-100 like four times in a row taking damage from six enemies. I haven’t pvp’d with my magblade in a long time...but I don’t remember them having that sort of heal potential. Not like siphoning heals over time...just they’re at 20% and bam, full health.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Magsorcs are OP and need nerfs, but I’m not sure that it’s a heal nerf they need.

Well, that doesn't help your credibility.

Exactly.
    Edited by ToRelax on December 12, 2017 10:52AM

Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    @Trashs1 I said I’d take it, not that I recommend it, lol.

I don’t think a heal reduce would hurt my Magplar too much. I mean...they stack so many heals. Magsorcs are OP and need nerfs, but I’m not sure that it’s a heal nerf they need.

I think a heal nerf would hit stamblades. No? They don’t have that many heals...I thought my hyperbolic suggestion sounded like “death to Nightblades.”

I was thinking more generally about whether heals might be broken or something. I notice a lot of players seem to pull what appears to be a 16-20k heal instantly...the bar swings to full health over and over. It seems like that happened way back in an old update too, and at the point I remember them saying they were trying to keep heal power under control.

rofl and where are mag sorcs op again?

well OT, since i play mostly no cp maybe i dont feel the issues too strong. a cp nerv could be fine maybe or just let it as it is.

many chars also are able to aply mayor defile what should help alot with baelful cp
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ToRelax

At some point I messed up my signature, but I actually have vets in all classes/resources. I don’t JUST play stamblade. I can think of forty possible balance adjustments across all classes that might be needed, but in general I think the current game...when all mechanics are taken into account...make both magsorcs and stam sorcs significantly OP. My two toons definitely are...they have ridiculous dps with endless resources and endless shields and heals. The magsorc is a little more OP if you understand what the current magic pool capabilities mean for health replacement, or whatever.

Sorcs being OP is for a variety of reasons that all stack together. Maybe the root cause is that the power creep has disproportionally benefited Sorcs. It’s not like I’m demonizing magsorcs...most every class has had their moment of being OP, ie “unkillable DKgate ‘14”, “gankblade-gate ‘15,” and “Beamplar-gate ‘16.”
    Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ultimate_Overlord

CP nerf? Hmm...probably you’re right. The rebalance this year was really weird to me because the diminishing return model made it so a top CP character can pull 80% of the best buffs from the trees instead of 50% before. That power creep might be what’s doing it, although damage output feels about right to me on most classes.

I don’t know...maybe people are popping a potion and using their Best heal at the same time. But I watched a magblade refill his health from 20-100 like four times in a row taking damage from six enemies. I haven’t pvp’d with my magblade in a long time...but I don’t remember them having that sort of heal potential. Not like siphoning heals over time...just they’re at 20% and bam, full health.

Sounds like Light's Champion to me.

#NerfSorcs ?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trashs1

If you don’t play CP, then we can’t really compare notes. The game has gone through so many changes with CP that it’s like two entirely different worlds now.

But what can happen on my magsorc now is that the CPs allow so much power that they can hold up these massive shields, while pushing out these easy mode attacks. Both of these are sustained sort of indefinitely through overly generous magic and health return buffs. Because I never need to block or roll owing to shields, my stam pool is a second magic and health pool via dark exchange.

This wouldn’t happen in non-cp. The shields and heals would be weaker, so a non-cp toon would probably have to compensate at the cost of power. I really don’t know where the balance is in non-cp, I barely ever play it. But if I had to guess...the non-cp mechanics give more importance to sets....that’s where characters have to go to overcome weaknesses. And I think there are waaaaay more powerful and versatile stam configurations out there, so I’d guess the terror of your non-cp campaign is some stam class or other. Stam Sorcs or stamblades, I’d guess.

On my server the terror of the non-cp campaign is the endless utterly unpopulated tracts of Cyrodiil. Hey, ismthat a red?? Nope...just a rabbit. Dang it. And even he’s bored in this campaign.
    Options
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im not playing entirely no cp, i also do a lot of bgs which are, as we al know, now cp enabeld... even there i can kill most of the ppl and face only seldom unkillable healtanks

in no cp all is fine! so if u seek for a nerf plz seek it at cps and dont ruin no cp enwironment totaly
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 12, 2017 11:36AM
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax

At some point I messed up my signature, but I actually have vets in all classes/resources. I don’t JUST play stamblade. I can think of forty possible balance adjustments across all classes that might be needed, but in general I think the current game...when all mechanics are taken into account...make both magsorcs and stam sorcs significantly OP. My two toons definitely are...they have ridiculous dps with endless resources and endless shields and heals. The magsorc is a little more OP if you understand what the current magic pool capabilities mean for health replacement, or whatever.

Sorcs being OP is for a variety of reasons that all stack together. Maybe the root cause is that the power creep has disproportionally benefited Sorcs. It’s not like I’m demonizing magsorcs...most every class has had their moment of being OP, ie “unkillable DKgate ‘14”, “gankblade-gate ‘15,” and “Beamplar-gate ‘16.”

Well excuse me if I don't take this very seriously. It sounds like you were just hammering bad players or something, Sorc damage isn't that great against someone who knows how to deal with the burst and if you just use shields for defense you will run dry quickly unless you're shield stacking against 1-2 magicka builds. As for stam Sorc, just compare them to stam Warden... more healing, more burst, more AoE, similar or better sustain, more ult, less counters.

Options
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Trashs1

If you don’t play CP, then we can’t really compare notes. The game has gone through so many changes with CP that it’s like two entirely different worlds now.

But what can happen on my magsorc now is that the CPs allow so much power that they can hold up these massive shields, while pushing out these easy mode attacks. Both of these are sustained sort of indefinitely through overly generous magic and health return buffs. Because I never need to block or roll owing to shields, my stam pool is a second magic and health pool via dark exchange.

This wouldn’t happen in non-cp. The shields and heals would be weaker, so a non-cp toon would probably have to compensate at the cost of power. I really don’t know where the balance is in non-cp, I barely ever play it. But if I had to guess...the non-cp mechanics give more importance to sets....that’s where characters have to go to overcome weaknesses. And I think there are waaaaay more powerful and versatile stam configurations out there, so I’d guess the terror of your non-cp campaign is some stam class or other. Stam Sorcs or stamblades, I’d guess.

On my server the terror of the non-cp campaign is the endless utterly unpopulated tracts of Cyrodiil. Hey, ismthat a red?? Nope...just a rabbit. Dang it. And even he’s bored in this campaign.

I tend to do ok on no-cp with my normal cp builds. Yeah, shields are a lot weaker - but so is damage. The difference is hardly noticeable unless siege is involved.
    I chug pots more for sustain - and still run dry - but in most cases, my opponent is also dry too at around that point. Imho, it makes more difference with max-mag builds (that 20% stat loss is the biggest impact on stuff that only scales with magica).

I also find that shields are not enough alone and dodging is necessary regardless of cp or not.
    And I find Dark Exchange too slow now (and therefore too interruptable) to use as a heal (which is probably what I'd have to drop to fit it on my bar). I'd much rather be able to dodge, have an instant heal on my bar - and have enough mag recov built in to not need dark-exch for resources.

I think people really need to start getting their head around the fact that sorcs are not a glass cannon. They are not made of glass - and they aren't much of a cannon anymore either. Most 'nerf-sorc' views seem to come from this mindset.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
    Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    @Trashs1

I tend to do ok on no-cp with my normal cp builds. Yeah, shields are a lot weaker - but so is damage. The difference is hardly noticeable unless siege is involved.
    I chug pots more for sustain - and still run dry - but in most cases, my opponent is also dry too at around that point. Imho, it makes more difference with max-mag builds (that 20% stat loss is the biggest impact on stuff that only scales with magica).

I also find that shields are not enough alone and dodging is necessary regardless of cp or not.
    And I find Dark Exchange too slow now (and therefore too interruptable) to use as a heal (which is probably what I'd have to drop to fit it on my bar). I'd much rather be able to dodge, have an instant heal on my bar - and have enough mag recov built in to not need dark-exch for resources.

I think people really need to start getting their head around the fact that sorcs are not a glass cannon. They are not made of glass - and they aren't much of a cannon anymore either. Most 'nerf-sorc' views seem to come from this mindset.

Yes, please... I would swap healing ward for class instant heal any day of the week and twice on Sundays... Then you can drop resto staff and use s&b on back bar, more build diversity, more flexibility, more tankiness...
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One set that could account for what you are seeing is Earthgore procs.
    Options
  • alexthomp92
    alexthomp92
    ✭✭✭
    My magplar heals scale with low health I can crit heal around 16k I have 3% heal buff from cp and a powered one hand sword on back bar Sd buffed is a little under 4K and 35k magicka pop a focus ritual and honour the dead my health will be 100% on near enough to start jabbing
    But with out line of sight i can't pull it off

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only assume OP is speaking to PvP. There are skills and sets that can be worn to reduce the healing others receive. CP increases the effectiveness for this.

Your problem has not been solved.
    Options
  • alexthomp92
    alexthomp92
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I can only assume OP is speaking to PvP. There are skills and sets that can be worn to reduce the healing others receive. CP increases the effectiveness for this.

Your problem has not been solved.

These can be cleansed as they are status effects so magplar ritual takes this off and class skill line then buffs healing by giving minor mending for 3 seconds giving a Enough time to move around a corner and heal to full health, force your opponents into the open or walk away if they chase you to open space then you can get them.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you may be looking for is a cp nerf removal.

Went ahead and fixed that for you.
    Edited by Solariken on December 12, 2017 2:02PM
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think the heal magdk gets from their attack skill, can't remember if it's burning embers or whip or what, but we're both dpsing each other & they're going from 15% to 100 & it's like wtf.
    I'm sure I could do it too if I played a cheesy magblade standing in path as an argonian w/100 points into blessed & spamming swallow soul but i think that's terrible.
    I think all classes should have healing nerfed, but especially burst heals like that.
    The dk I was fighting had 1100 mag regen, at the very least it shouldn't be sustainable.
    Edited by kaithuzar on December 12, 2017 8:00PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defile not enough?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I watched a stam sorc (cp pvp) go from execute to full three times, so I started watching him.

Dark deal ended, rally activated, vigor tick at the same time, because of how cooldowns work. Same concept as burst damage.

It's never any one heal that is an Uber heal y'all.
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major defile+minor defile. I sit at 62% healing debuff with mine. Put some points into befoul and/or use a skill with major defile attached to it. You change healing you’re going to screw Stam classes.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with 60 points into befoul it doesn't feel like soul harvest is enough; also it's clunky & can miss.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

noo, I assure you years ago they told me that power creep would never be w thing with the CP system LOL!
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Befoul+defile already soft counters healing
    Options
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ding ding!
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Even with 60 points into befoul it doesn't feel like soul harvest is enough; also it's clunky & can miss.

Try a better method of applying defile

Surprised after that duel tournament more people aren't running durok's
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make healing weaker so zerglings can have an easier time mowing down solo/small scale players? No thanks. Plenty of counters to healing are readily available. If you struggle to kill people, build for more damage. But then you might find that the healing and survivability is not as powerful as you make it seem. 15%-100% in a half second is an extreme exaggeration outside the case of a rally burst heal, breath of life, or healing ultimate.

No more nerfs. It’s not necessary.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shielding needs nerfs in exchange for skillful play/mobility. Base healing is fine. Blocking is fine.

Honestly what wee need is mechanics that limit zerg/group healing in PvP (I'd go as far as to say a limit on all external healing.) so people need to look after themselves and gittus goodus. Ever fought a group with two+ pocket healers, its like *** wackamoling iron with an inflatable hammer.

Also total removal of AoE caps to crush zergtrash with all CC and full damage.

Inb4 play no CP, its good for quick fights, but you are going to be zerged harder.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 12, 2017 11:22PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options