Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar Dueling Build/set up

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
can someone direct me to a 1v1/dueling magicka templar set up?
========

or, what kinds of very important 911 things do i need to duel?

things = potions/poisons, abilities...idk.
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run spinners, shacklebreaker, and skoria. You could go with a higher damage set, but having the extra stam and regen really helps with cc's. I use witchmothers drink and spell damage/magic regen potions with disease enchants to help proc major defile.

For skills I throw down rune and ritual for buffs. Start my attack with vampires bane, unstable core, then purifying light. Then toppling charge in with sweeps. You can also use dbos or ice comet, but in most cases you don't need it.

The unstable core damages them if they try to attack and does damage when it expires. At the same time purifying light is ticking and getting ready to explode so by the time you charge in you have the vamp dot going off to proc skoria and then unstable, purifying, and skoria all blow up around the same time causing a ton of damage at once. Combine that with an ult and sweeps and it's usually game over.

Some people may frown on using skoria in a duel so you can always use a different monster set or go 1 domihaus and 1 kena for extra stats and damage. Blazing shield can also be used in your buff stage and will also blow up around the same time as the other abilities do. It's not going to do a ton of damage, but it adds up and can also proc the burning light passive as well as sweeps. Its like having a proc set built into your spear abilities.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    I run spinners, shacklebreaker, and skoria. You could go with a higher damage set, but having the extra stam and regen really helps with cc's. I use witchmothers drink and spell damage/magic regen potions with disease enchants to help proc major defile.

For skills I throw down rune and ritual for buffs. Start my attack with vampires bane, unstable core, then purifying light. Then toppling charge in with sweeps. You can also use dbos or ice comet, but in most cases you don't need it.

The unstable core damages them if they try to attack and does damage when it expires. At the same time purifying light is ticking and getting ready to explode so by the time you charge in you have the vamp dot going off to proc skoria and then unstable, purifying, and skoria all blow up around the same time causing a ton of damage at once. Combine that with an ult and sweeps and it's usually game over.

Some people may frown on using skoria in a duel so you can always use a different monster set or go 1 domihaus and 1 kena for extra stats and damage. Blazing shield can also be used in your buff stage and will also blow up around the same time as the other abilities do. It's not going to do a ton of damage, but it adds up and can also proc the burning light passive as well as sweeps. Its like having a proc set built into your spear abilities.

all heavy?
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

all heavy?

For open world always heavy, but dueling I switch back and forth. The extra crit is nice with light, but you don't really need it since purifying light and skoria don't crit anyway.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For duels I like Overwhelming surge + trans+skoria and either masters destro or DW willpower front bar
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    For duels I like Overwhelming surge + trans+skoria and either masters destro or DW willpower front bar

does surge proc that much!? :-) mmmmmmmmmm

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

does surge proc that much!? :-) mmmmmmmmmm

Look at your skill bars, look at all those golden colored class abilities.

Oh, surge counters cloak too
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a rattlecage, pariah, engine guardian build. I destroyed 2 stamblades, but a mag dk just pounded me to ***.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a rattlecage, pariah, engine guardian build. I destroyed 2 stamblades, but a mag dk just pounded me to ***.

Not enough damage to get him off offense and so you got stuck purging over and over and stuck on your back foot?
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good synopsis...I'm new to dueling. So I don't really know what to do when up against a dk. But i was stuck healing myself a lot.

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A good mag dk will drain all your resources if you try to stand toe to toe with them. You'll constantly be purging dots, healing, and breaking free from perma immobilizations.

Try to set up your combo from range where they can't hit you and then jump in to burst them. If it doesn't work use your extended ritual to purge the dots and mist form out of range to reset your combo.

They are tough class to duel against.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker is good...But there's much better options for 1v1 sustain and survivability.

I have learned that running one defense set (for me it's wizards riposte), one sustain set (like the one that gives 2500 every four seconds), and I swap between skoria and bloodspawn depending on what I'm facing.

I also play with swapping the sustain set for overwhelming surge, which is strong as ***. It hits for 800-1100 every second and works wells with templar sweeps and purifying light, vampires bane combo.
    Issue with overwhelming surge, when ran with skoria and wizards, the pressure is ridiculous, but ur defense/ sustain really suffers...
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can someone who considers themselves good suppy your numbers?

like what would be acceptable impen, resistance, hps, stam, mag, etc.?

• Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    can someone who considers themselves good suppy your numbers?

like what would be acceptable impen, resistance, hps, stam, mag, etc.?

I don't like to consider myself good because that's when you stop learning. Not to mention no matter how good you are there is always someone better that makes ya feel like a total noob. Just learn from each loss and you'll be a better player.

As far as stats go that's more about play style. I am terrible with shields so I rely more on resistance, health, hot's, and stamina so I can always break free and roll dodge. For duels I'm usually around 28k resist, 3100 crit resist, 38k Magic, 20k health, and 16k stamina.

If your good at keeping shields up then go all light armour, all magic glyphs, and then your resist doesn't matter as much since your relying on shields for defense.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good mag dk will drain all your resources if you try to stand toe to toe with them. You'll constantly be purging dots, healing, and breaking free from perma immobilizations.

Try to set up your combo from range where they can't hit you and then jump in to burst them. If it doesn't work use your extended ritual to purge the dots and mist form out of range to reset your combo.

They are tough class to duel against.
    If your on a la magplar fighting a another mag class, build up to 40k mag though gear and always use annulment. You will never have sustain issues even u had 1400 regen.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Go watch xrackor. Hes the best mag temp dueller around atm on ps4eu
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

How do you find overwhelming and trans compared to overwhelming and wiz riposte? My duelling set up uses overwhelming/wiz but I do sometimes find myself out of sustain so I don't know if swapping to trans might be better?