The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Reevaluate obtaining EMPERORSHIP!

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    I think to comfortably change the emperorship system they´d need to rework Cyrodiil AND IC somewhat - tie being emp to imperial city (make it part of the base game - connect the district to normal cyrodiil).
    I think gaining emperorship should also "cost" a certain amount of AP on the leaderboard. Not all - nor should it make you uneglible for the rest of the campaign. But it shouldn´t be as easy to stay on top as it is now.

I think the idea to have a debuff for people playing only one char is really stupid - to put it nicely.

I always see people saying "connect the emperorship to Imperial City" like they think its going to benefit Imperial City and Cyrodiil. It won't.

Currently, emperorship requires capturing and holding all six keeps around the Imperial City. On a competitive campaign, this is very difficult and requires a great deal of effort, good timing, luck, and faction cooperation.

Imperial City - the district flags of the Imperial City have three guards on them and are easier to solo than a resource (Seriously, resources have around 10 guards and you'll fight at least 7 of them with 4 on the flag. District flags have three guards on the flag. If you can solo a Cyrodiil resource, district flags are easy-peasy). If holding the districts became a requirement, there's a very simple solution. Park a raid in IC and zerg the districts. Oh, you wanted more people in Imperial City. Congrats, the only thing you got was a zerg that will evaporate as some as the emp push succeeds or fails. You might get an enemy faction zerg, but again, its a zerg. That's all you are going to get.

Cyrodiil - capturing and defending six keeps and holding them all is pretty difficult on a competitive campaign where both opposing factions know exactly what the pushing faction is trying to do and going all out to stop them. Taking a keep is much, much more difficult and involves many more players plus siege than anything in the Imperial City. Pushing for emperor in a competitive campaign is extremely difficult and does not require any more complications (especially when those complications are just 6 more flags with 3 guards each that are easier to take than a resource).

In short, the difficult of taking the districts is laughable compared to the effort of taking all six ring keeps. If added, Imperial City will get a short-lived zerg battle and nothing more. Emperor pushes will become more complicated without anything of value actually being added. If you can successfully coordinate a faction to take the six ring keeps, adding the requirement of the districts is a pointless petty obstacle.

You seem to simply assume district PvP wouldn't be redesigned when connecting IC to Cyrodiil, which is ridiculous.

When no one actually suggests a redesign when they talk about this, no, its not that ridiculous. You don't describe a redesign, I'm going to talk about how it is in-game right now.

But since you have a redesign in mind that solves these problems and makes the effort to capture the city on par with capturing and defending keeps in Cyrodiil while still maintaining the PVE/PVP balance of the Imperial City, by all means, let's hear it.

I haven't thought about how to do it and don't care to invest any time on it now. It appears you just don't want to admit to yourself that your long writeup was based on a worthless assumption; of course no one would *just* tie IC and Cyrodiil together as they are.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think to comfortably change the emperorship system they´d need to rework Cyrodiil AND IC somewhat - tie being emp to imperial city (make it part of the base game - connect the district to normal cyrodiil).
    I think gaining emperorship should also "cost" a certain amount of AP on the leaderboard. Not all - nor should it make you uneglible for the rest of the campaign. But it shouldn´t be as easy to stay on top as it is now.

I think the idea to have a debuff for people playing only one char is really stupid - to put it nicely.

I always see people saying "connect the emperorship to Imperial City" like they think its going to benefit Imperial City and Cyrodiil. It won't.

Currently, emperorship requires capturing and holding all six keeps around the Imperial City. On a competitive campaign, this is very difficult and requires a great deal of effort, good timing, luck, and faction cooperation.

Imperial City - the district flags of the Imperial City have three guards on them and are easier to solo than a resource (Seriously, resources have around 10 guards and you'll fight at least 7 of them with 4 on the flag. District flags have three guards on the flag. If you can solo a Cyrodiil resource, district flags are easy-peasy). If holding the districts became a requirement, there's a very simple solution. Park a raid in IC and zerg the districts. Oh, you wanted more people in Imperial City. Congrats, the only thing you got was a zerg that will evaporate as some as the emp push succeeds or fails. You might get an enemy faction zerg, but again, its a zerg. That's all you are going to get.

Cyrodiil - capturing and defending six keeps and holding them all is pretty difficult on a competitive campaign where both opposing factions know exactly what the pushing faction is trying to do and going all out to stop them. Taking a keep is much, much more difficult and involves many more players plus siege than anything in the Imperial City. Pushing for emperor in a competitive campaign is extremely difficult and does not require any more complications (especially when those complications are just 6 more flags with 3 guards each that are easier to take than a resource).

In short, the difficult of taking the districts is laughable compared to the effort of taking all six ring keeps. If added, Imperial City will get a short-lived zerg battle and nothing more. Emperor pushes will become more complicated without anything of value actually being added. If you can successfully coordinate a faction to take the six ring keeps, adding the requirement of the districts is a pointless petty obstacle.

Like how did you even get to the point you´re critizising without reading reworking IC and Cyro - which obviously implies doing more than the very crude points mentioned.

Also your assessment on how "hard" it is to get emp is debateable. You´re probably playing NA so i won´t blame you. Taking emp on EU isn´t hard if you play the right faction.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like how did you even get to the point you´re critizising without reading reworking IC and Cyro - which obviously implies doing more than the very crude points mentioned.

Also your assessment on how "hard" it is to get emp is debateable. You´re probably playing NA so i won´t blame you. Taking emp on EU isn´t hard if you play the right faction.

Correct, I play PC/NA Vivec. That's why I point out the differences between taking emperorship on a competitive campaign (quite difficult and requiring a lot of effort and faction coordination) and taking emperorship on a non-competitive campaign (which requires rather less).

Furthermore, if someone says "Make Imperial City into the base game and make it part of the emperorship" with no additional suggestions for how IC might be changed to make it a worthy part of the emperorship, I'm in no way obliged to imagine such changes for them. If anything, I'm pointing out why adding IC to emperorship without changes would be a terrible idea, so perhaps we are in agreement there. If someone has proposed actual changes rather that a very vague "reworking", I'd have to evaluate those on their own merits. But as of yet, no one has, so there are no merits to evaluate.

Suggest some actual ways to rework Imperial City to make it more worthy of inclusion into the emperorship requirements that still respect the PVE/PVP nature of Imperial City and I'll consider them on their merits.
    Options
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you just have to come to terms with the fact. That the EMP title is just a logo that states you have no life, and is more than likely doing horrible IRL. Emperorship for us working adults, is just simply out of the question.

I've noticed that since working at my new job. I play much less MMOs and much more MOBAs. Because nowadays I just don't have the time to no life grind the nice stuff MMOs have to offer. IE EMP title.
    Options
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you just have to come to terms with the fact. That the EMP title is just a logo that states you have no life, and is more than likely doing horrible IRL. Emperorship for us working adults, is just simply out of the question.

I've noticed that since working at my new job. I play much less MMOs and much more MOBAs. Because nowadays I just don't have the time to no life grind the nice stuff MMOs have to offer. IE EMP title.

That's why I'll regret for my whole life not being able to get emp title for few hundreds of AP, that week when I was sick...

But jokes apart, it would be totally reasonable if a player with HUGE (rightfully earned) bonuses - the emperor - didnt get a full AP gain from kills at least...
    Edited by TheMystid on December 9, 2017 12:03AM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just remove the title altogether. I don't think the requirements to receive the bonus and title should basically be having no life in RL and then be reliant on your faction to capture all keeps. The abuses used to gain and trade emperor bonuses since launch have been legion. It's time to just end the "skill line" completely.
    Options
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep the emp bonuses in regards to combat, get rid of the AP bonus. Would help whoever was pushing to pass the emp.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have Emperor character so I want ZoS make patch with Tiber Septim and make emperor's achievment locked to obtain
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
    Options