The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Reevaluate obtaining EMPERORSHIP!

regime211
regime211
✭✭✭✭✭
So I believe gaining emperorship within a campaign should be reevaluated, do to the fact of those or 1 individual constantly gaining emperorship, through any means including cheating.

It should be once you have obtained emperorship within the campaign you should not be allowed to obtain it again, until next campaign. Instead the 2nd runner up will obtain emperorship and it will just go down the list of the top players, also as being emperor you should make it were you no longer can collect AP, or only receive AP at a reduced rate. I believe this will bring in more competitiveness and more diversity as to who is emporship.

There are players who may potentially account share, which results in them constantly gaining emperorship.

You could add a battle fatigue penalty, if you play one character for more than 10 hours in a 24 hr period. 30% reduced healing and damage. I believe it would give more people a chance at emperorship.

Zos realize obtaining emporship isn't a easy feat, which it isn't supposed to but hearing from those who have obtained it, having to stay up for 10+ hours to obtain and maintain emperorship can be a health risk, kids also play this game And i don't believe that the current mechanism is suitable.

Any positive input is much appreciated.

Edited by regime211 on December 6, 2017 2:06AM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Options
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really don't like it, sorry man.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you guys are two out of many who play this game.
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't need to reduce AP or anything as Emp but some kind of limit on how often the same person can get Emp I think would be a solid change. There's just a handful of players that completely no life the game 24/7 to earn the most AP and those same two or three players shouldn't always be the only ones getting Emp in the Campaign.

In the under 50 Campaign you have a range of emps because players vet out. In Vivec the guy on top is the same guy for 30 days. It makes it to where for the average player, even the higher skill ones, you will never get Emp in that Campaign as long as that one guy is playing 24/7.
    Options
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible idea.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Terrible idea.

Naw it isnt.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp should be hard, it’s meant to be a rare achievement although people started handing it out and what you’re suggesting is also handing it out. I get the frustration of not getting it and people being able to no life it (this isn’t always the case some people are just great ap farmers) but that’s intended. Plus what’s the point of an emp that’s never on, you’re also not realizing so many people will miss emp simply because they’re crowned when they’re not on with that system of yours.

So you don’t want people to stay on to get it but they would have to stay on to not miss their chance at being emp and how would this work in 30 day campaigns which is the most popular. The other two suggestions are unreasonable.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have a better system in mind to determine who will get emp, let's hear it. So far, all you suggested was to make the one thing we have that counts - total AP gain per campaign - less relevant.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forget that Emperorship is not only an achievement for casual players, its part of PVP gameplay. So it is absolutely fine as it is, no change is needed
    Rawr
    Options
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emp should be hard, it’s meant to be a rare achievement although people started handing it out and what you’re suggesting is also handing it out. I get the frustration of not getting it and people being able to no life it (this isn’t always the case some people are just great ap farmers) but that’s intended. Plus what’s the point of an emp that’s never on, you’re also not realizing so many people will miss emp simply because they’re crowned when they’re not on with that system of yours.

So you don’t want people to stay on to get it but they would have to stay on to not miss their chance at being emp and how would this work in 30 day campaigns which is the most popular. The other two suggestions are unreasonable.

It's got nothing to do with being hard. At least on console it's simply not possible to get Emp in Vivec if the normal couple of guys on each Alliance are playing. You can be a high skill player and play several hours every single day and you will never get it in the main Campaign because the handful of guys that are the Emp every Campaign for months straight play ESO like a full time job and only AP farm while they're on. This is why every normal person that wants to try and get Emp goes to a dead Campaign or something like Kyne where players vet out.

I don't think making it to where you're put on a cool down before that same person can get Emp again is in any way making it so that Emp is being just handed out. It will still typically be one of the players in the top 10 getting Emp and to get in the top 10 in Vivec you're going to need to play several hours every day and earn several million AP which means it's still a hard rare achievement for 99% of the player base.
    Edited by Twohothardware on December 6, 2017 6:53AM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to a change in obtaining emp, no to this idea. Sorry but not penalities based on play time. And the issue with emp is how easy it is to carry someone. Emp needs to be somehow be made much more difficult to get but stay the same in terms of difficulty in how it’s lost. Emp should be rewarded to players that put in the time to legitimately help their faction in defending and not just offense. It should not be as simple as accruing AP and then face rolling an empty map. ZOS is looking at the issues of night capping, pvdooring empty maps and destro trains, perhaps they’re examining emp as well.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These aren't good solutions.

I do see the point however that the mechanic should be adjusted somehow, but I don't think your solutions are going to fly.

A bigger deal I think is the map resetting when the campaign resets to great a rush at the start of each cycle. That would be cool.

Getting Emp should be hard. Almost impossible without good luck, timing, and mega Guild Support. It's the pinnacle of the game.

Sadly I've given up on it for now, just don't have the hours. But I accept that, I rarely get a 2hr slot even
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's got nothing to do with being hard. At least on console it's simply not possible to get Emp in Vivec if the normal couple of guys on each Alliance are playing. You can be a high skill player and play several hours every single day and you will never get it in the main Campaign because the handful of guys that are the Emp every Campaign for months straight play ESO like a full time job and only AP farm while they're on. This is why every normal person that wants to try and get Emp goes to a dead Campaign or something like Kyne where players vet out.

I don't think making it to where you're put on a cool down before that same person can get Emp again is in any way making it so that Emp is being just handed out. It will still typically be one of the players in the top 10 getting Emp and to get in the top 10 in Vivec you're going to need to play several hours every day and earn several million AP which means it's still a hard rare achievement for 99% of the player base.

I’ll keep it short, the majority of the pvp base sucks at getting ap on console and that’s usually why it’s the same guys. The leaderboards haven’t been filled with solid players in like a year because those players typically don’t care about it. Getting emp isn’t even what it use to be, people stayed up for days before, now if you’re good you can take the top spot in 5 hrs on reset.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another "I can't reach the top of the scoreboard so I think those who can should only be allowed to do so once" threads?

Sorry to be blunt but this thread idea has come up a lot and every time it pretty much boils down to "I want to be emp but can't keep up, hold others back for me please"

I agree the entire Emp system could be reworked but it shouldn't penalise the players who are good/dedicated enough to reach that point.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe once upon a time it was hard to obtain emporer but over the past 3-4 years you just have to play actively on an empty campaign.
    I agree they should change it but I have no idea how.
    My complaint is the way it's calculated. Someone with no job & living with their parents can basically play 24-7 giving the typical average players (2-6 hours a day) a zero sum chance.
    I think there should be another way. Maybe, 100 kills without dying? Or maybe 100 battle ground wins in a row? While those might be terrible ideas, I support ideas flowing to change this.
    Edited by kaithuzar on December 6, 2017 9:43AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think to comfortably change the emperorship system they´d need to rework Cyrodiil AND IC somewhat - tie being emp to imperial city (make it part of the base game - connect the district to normal cyrodiil).
    I think gaining emperorship should also "cost" a certain amount of AP on the leaderboard. Not all - nor should it make you uneglible for the rest of the campaign. But it shouldn´t be as easy to stay on top as it is now.

I think the idea to have a debuff for people playing only one char is really stupid - to put it nicely.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    I think to comfortably change the emperorship system they´d need to rework Cyrodiil AND IC somewhat - tie being emp to imperial city (make it part of the base game - connect the district to normal cyrodiil).
    I think gaining emperorship should also "cost" a certain amount of AP on the leaderboard. Not all - nor should it make you uneglible for the rest of the campaign. But it shouldn´t be as easy to stay on top as it is now.

I think the idea to have a debuff for people playing only one char is really stupid - to put it nicely.

I agree. It's not impossible to farm the AP for first Emp crown, the problem is that once you are crowned you can run away with AP lead easily by bombing big groups and def everything UA (whilst rarely dying).
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    These aren't good solutions.

I do see the point however that the mechanic should be adjusted somehow, but I don't think your solutions are going to fly.

A bigger deal I think is the map resetting when the campaign resets to great a rush at the start of each cycle. That would be cool.

Getting Emp should be hard. Almost impossible without good luck, timing, and mega Guild Support. It's the pinnacle of the game.

Sadly I've given up on it for now, just don't have the hours. But I accept that, I rarely get a 2hr slot even

"Getting Emp should be hard. Almost impossible without good luck, timing, and mega Guild Support. It's the pinnacle of the game.
    "

If you've ever crowned an Emperor on PC/NA Vivec or any similarly competitive campaign, you'd know that this is true. I'd even say this has been true with half the emperorship crowns I've participated in on Haderus/Shor. Being in on an emperorship push in a competitive campaign takes sustained effort, a ton of good luck, good timing, and the coordination of your faction. Without all of those factors, the attempt is dead in the water on a competitive campaign.
    Options
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf? One character penalty my general says gtfo
    Your experience is not the same as everyone sorry but L2emp
    Edited by Kram8ion on December 6, 2017 10:26PM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

Options
  • Alphaa
    Alphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just make it so that the person with the highest AP at the time of capping emp THAT IS ONLINE gets emp. Simple fixes brought to you by Alphaa
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always see people saying "connect the emperorship to Imperial City" like they think its going to benefit Imperial City and Cyrodiil. It won't.

Currently, emperorship requires capturing and holding all six keeps around the Imperial City. On a competitive campaign, this is very difficult and requires a great deal of effort, good timing, luck, and faction cooperation.

Imperial City - the district flags of the Imperial City have three guards on them and are easier to solo than a resource (Seriously, resources have around 10 guards and you'll fight at least 7 of them with 4 on the flag. District flags have three guards on the flag. If you can solo a Cyrodiil resource, district flags are easy-peasy). If holding the districts became a requirement, there's a very simple solution. Park a raid in IC and zerg the districts. Oh, you wanted more people in Imperial City. Congrats, the only thing you got was a zerg that will evaporate as some as the emp push succeeds or fails. You might get an enemy faction zerg, but again, its a zerg. That's all you are going to get.

Cyrodiil - capturing and defending six keeps and holding them all is pretty difficult on a competitive campaign where both opposing factions know exactly what the pushing faction is trying to do and going all out to stop them. Taking a keep is much, much more difficult and involves many more players plus siege than anything in the Imperial City. Pushing for emperor in a competitive campaign is extremely difficult and does not require any more complications (especially when those complications are just 6 more flags with 3 guards each that are easier to take than a resource).

In short, the difficult of taking the districts is laughable compared to the effort of taking all six ring keeps. If added, Imperial City will get a short-lived zerg battle and nothing more. Emperor pushes will become more complicated without anything of value actually being added. If you can successfully coordinate a faction to take the six ring keeps, adding the requirement of the districts is a pointless petty obstacle.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think these are good ideas.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh..... emperorship means nothing now.. ive seen a cp 340 former emperor who kept on dying in vet dungeons and i was shocked once when we finished we ported out and i kept on asking him allot of questions regarding what set up he is using, his skill rotation ect ect and he actually had no idea and his set was not legendary not imp it was divines and infused i asked him to dual he declined number of times and eventually he told me he paid for it ..

i was like excuse me? what do you mean "you paid for it?"

and then he proceeded and told me for $100 itune cards to join a guild and they will make me emp , he told me the guild to join and he will add me and if i want to pay to become emperor ... i told him i would rather NEVER achieve that in my life time then instead been a little bi%^h and pay for it and i swore at him ..as he said he didn't care and just left ..

i just wish i got the guild name down and his name to report him but it happen so quick i i didn't

so there you go.. apparently if you have $100 itunes card you 2 can become emperor P2W

pay-to-win-consoles.jpg
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperorship gained on a competitive campaign means quite a lot.
    Emperorship gained on a non-competitive campaign might mean you put in the effort and did a lot of PVP on a non-competitive server. Or it might mean nothing at all for a carry or, as you say, a pay to win arrangement.

But I've been through too many emperor pushes with people who I know worked their tails off to support making the emperorship pushes more complicated. On a competitive server, emperorship is really hard to pull off. The answer to emperorships on non-competitive servers is to make those campaigns competitive, not make all emperorship pushes harder.
    Options
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    ** edited because it won’t let me post my message, prolly EULA rules and such...**
    Edited by BaByDontHurtMe on December 7, 2017 3:23AM
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I always see people saying "connect the emperorship to Imperial City" like they think its going to benefit Imperial City and Cyrodiil. It won't.

Currently, emperorship requires capturing and holding all six keeps around the Imperial City. On a competitive campaign, this is very difficult and requires a great deal of effort, good timing, luck, and faction cooperation.

Imperial City - the district flags of the Imperial City have three guards on them and are easier to solo than a resource (Seriously, resources have around 10 guards and you'll fight at least 7 of them with 4 on the flag. District flags have three guards on the flag. If you can solo a Cyrodiil resource, district flags are easy-peasy). If holding the districts became a requirement, there's a very simple solution. Park a raid in IC and zerg the districts. Oh, you wanted more people in Imperial City. Congrats, the only thing you got was a zerg that will evaporate as some as the emp push succeeds or fails. You might get an enemy faction zerg, but again, its a zerg. That's all you are going to get.

Cyrodiil - capturing and defending six keeps and holding them all is pretty difficult on a competitive campaign where both opposing factions know exactly what the pushing faction is trying to do and going all out to stop them. Taking a keep is much, much more difficult and involves many more players plus siege than anything in the Imperial City. Pushing for emperor in a competitive campaign is extremely difficult and does not require any more complications (especially when those complications are just 6 more flags with 3 guards each that are easier to take than a resource).

In short, the difficult of taking the districts is laughable compared to the effort of taking all six ring keeps. If added, Imperial City will get a short-lived zerg battle and nothing more. Emperor pushes will become more complicated without anything of value actually being added. If you can successfully coordinate a faction to take the six ring keeps, adding the requirement of the districts is a pointless petty obstacle.

You seem to simply assume district PvP wouldn't be redesigned when connecting IC to Cyrodiil, which is ridiculous.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

You seem to simply assume district PvP wouldn't be redesigned when connecting IC to Cyrodiil, which is ridiculous.

When no one actually suggests a redesign when they talk about this, no, its not that ridiculous. You don't describe a redesign, I'm going to talk about how it is in-game right now.

But since you have a redesign in mind that solves these problems and makes the effort to capture the city on par with capturing and defending keeps in Cyrodiil while still maintaining the PVE/PVP balance of the Imperial City, by all means, let's hear it.
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather they just got rid of Emperorship than doing this. I don't necessarily think Emperor should be gotten rid of although there are some things worth reevaluating. The problems are worth mentioning more than suggestions like this. Its the exploitation of the system that can be the real problem. Fake 'teams' of people getting killed 'assaulting' a keep for massive ap gains is one of those potential topics. The problem really is that to police this sort of thing you would need actual pvp moderators working around the clock.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Crusades
    Crusades
    ✭✭
    Bring back former emp passives

And I don’t agree with your ideas in changing how you become emp.

Battle fatigue lol no
    Options
  • IEatCivics
    IEatCivics
    ✭✭✭
    Have to edit this more
    Edited by IEatCivics on December 7, 2017 6:17AM
    Options