Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Farming skyshards in Cyrodill delves..and death

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
My experience in pvp is limited. I got some because obviously I unlocked alliance war skill line.....but..

Anyway, one thing I did not know about Cyrodil area..is that when you run delves you can still become a target to an enemy alliance player WITHIN a delve? And you can escape it by going stealth?
I was fighting a boss and a few mobs in one of the delves in southern Cyr (I am DC alliance)..and then, out of nowhere, I saw that archer *** who then killed me before I could even finish this boss or try to defend myself from the player. And then of course I can't *** revive in the delve. o_0
So.. I can escape enemy players by going stealth?
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you need me again? :) I live in cyrodill. My solution would be take me with you and I will rez when you die. Also I know the best routes to avoid enemy.

I've collected the skyshards in cyrodill on most my characters, very seldom did I die. When I did die, I would just go back and get the skyshard later.

Also check the maps in your home and guest campaigns early in the morning. It is the best time to get the skyshards behind enemy gates.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is a PvP area. If you want to do the quests and delves there pick a sparsely populated campaign and do it at odd hours, when factions are at 1 line. Also note that delves in Cyrodiil have a special rule: most of them have 2-5 bosses that only spawn one at a time, when another one has been killed. They do so at random, so you may need to repeat the same boss over and over until the missing one spawns. You have to kill every one once for the delve to appear as cleared.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vamp_emily
    Yes, especially when I am in a real red or yellow area.
    I'd love another dungeon run too. ;) but I always worry I bother someone or am a pester. EHh me ;)

@Asardes

Ehh, I am fairly aware it's a pvp area, you realise ;) I just did not know that the rule applies to delves as well. Also, I am confused about the stealth mode in pvp. When I'd go stealth overland it seemed I was still visible to players and it worked only "on" NPCs
    Do you virtually become invisible to enemy players when on stealth? I've seen "ghosts" enemy players while I was looting in a few houses. They literally appeared for a few seconds and would then disappear. (at least they did not kill me, probably were there like me to farm).
    So, yes, I am confused about this stealth mode. Does it work only in houses/delves etc?

And bosses within delves, thanks for the tips. I did not know that.. still it seemed I kept killing all the bosses within delves so far as I'd always get "completed: 'the name of a dungeon here' ". It's good to know that though! Thanks!
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stealth only works until you do damage, then it breaks. So you can't kill a boss in "stealth mode" unless you one-shot them then apply a skill that puts you again in stealth. Just start an attack on NPC or player from stealth mode and get a bonus for that first attack, according to class, racial or other passives.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Asardes

I am not talking about attacking a mob or a boss while stealth. Yes, I know it deals an extra damage the first time you attack from stealth mode (especially if you're a nightblade)

I want to know whether you're virtually invisible to enemy players (PVP thing) while you're in a stealth mode within a delve/house.. because it looks like it. How else can I explain seeing for seconds enemy players inside a delve or a house and then them disappearing in front of me. :)
    Edited by duendology on December 4, 2017 5:10PM
    PC/NA
    And..

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not unless you are crouching or using a stealth skill. There are various buffs from medium armor, race, class that affect the stealth distance and also some debuffs from gear sets and various active skills that can pull you out of stealth.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    I'll have to look into it.
    PC/NA
    And..

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Not unless you are crouching or using a stealth skill. There are various buffs from medium armor, race, class that affect the stealth distance and also some debuffs from gear sets and various active skills that can pull you out of stealth.
    This, stealth in cyrodil is very nice even then no bonuses, has been in middle of fights in stealth simply to ress group, but yes then you attack you are visible, now if you enter an delve and find dead enemies its an danger, it might be an enemy ahead.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    This, stealth in cyrodil is very nice even then no bonuses, has been in middle of fights in stealth simply to ress group, but yes then you attack you are visible, now if you enter an delve and find dead enemies its an danger, it might be an enemy ahead.

That's why I always keep a hard hitting ult when doing PvE content in PvP areas. I don't attack first, and I signal people I don't want to engage by holding block, but if they do attack I usually drop something nasty on them. I once burned 2 potatoes on a delve boss with Thunderous Rage. They were so dumb that after attacking they did't even roll out of it. I got the completion achievement with a side dish of 3.6K AP :D

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also use invisibility potions to vanish in the middle of the fight, just dont step into AoEs and avoid detection skills ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    You can also use invisibility potions to vanish in the middle of the fight, just dont step into AoEs and avoid detection skills ;)

This, I've been spending a lot of time in Cyro doing pve things on non-vampire chars and these potions come very handy.
    PC EU
    Healer
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that you don't need to actually kill a mob/boss to have the kill registered for you. It's sufficient to do a certain amount of damage, I think around 4%. So as soon as you did that, you can withdraw from the fight, use a Stealth skill or potion (yep you completely vanish for enemy players then, except they use countermeasures like Magelight), and wait it out. Just don't move away too far. Attacking or sprinting will pull you out of stealth.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Hecker777
    Hecker777
    ✭✭✭
    Find PvP-savvy friends to take you through them. I regularly take my PvE focused guildies through to act as bodyguard.
    No class CC and I don't run a gap closer...so yeah if you streak away from me I'll probably bird spam you WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??
    Outrider of Vokundein-Vice PvP Officer- Member of Legend Gaming
    Officer- Eastmarch Trade Company
    Officer- Order of the Bear
    Core- Fear is Failure

DK Tank - Stam Sorc DPS - Stam Warden PvP DPS- Mag DK PvP DPS
    690+ CP PC NA
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hecker777 wrote: »
    Find PvP-savvy friends to take you through them. I regularly take my PvE focused guildies through to act as bodyguard.

Oh I did. Or rather they found me: Friendly Dungeon Runners. @vamp_emily helped me (on my craft toon) to collect skyshards from Cyr and all in Imperial City! Imperial City is crazy! :P ;) But I know it will be fun while I get more accustomed to it!
    PC/NA
    And..

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I want to do IC shards & quests fast I usually pick the least populated campaign, log in at 5 AM and I'm usually done with everything by 9. People only start showing up after 10.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I am an European on NA/PC server..so, yep, I know when to choose off-peak hours when doing either farming or questing in Cyr, you know. Not a problem with it. ;) My afternoon is usually the morning in the States;)

The reason I don't do it in other PvP Cyr campaigns but home one is because usually I stumble upon some small fight or alike..and can be of some help..and it always adds points.
    PC/NA
    And..