The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Learned Motifs vanishing ?

Thorgrimn
Thorgrimn
✭✭
I have already learned 14/14 for both Apostle and Ebonshadow around 2 weeks ago. Got the achievement and everything. I log in today, forgot I was KOS from last night and killed by a guard in Clockwork city banking area. When I revived, POOF!@ I noticed my achievements in my journal for ebonshadow and apostle were gone. It says now that I know 0/14 for both. I want to emphasize these styles were LEARNED. They were NOT in my backpack or something. This is a huge bug. I need to have what I worked a couple weeks for restored asap please.
  • Thorgrimn
    Thorgrimn
    ✭✭
    Well my ticket I submitted via game was closed with the following message to "report this as a bug" So hopefully someone here from ZoS fixes this game breaking bug on my account soon.
  • ynotcruzwitme
    I'm having the same problem. Under the lore library (via journal) Ebonshadow is at 0/14 but it's also listed as Crafting Motif 56 which should be Apostle. Now under the library they are both showing as 56 where the actual page to learn Ebonshadow is listed as Motif 57
  • Thorgrimn
    Thorgrimn
    ✭✭
    Just an update. I went to the crafting station and I noticed I could actually craft all ebonshadow and apostle items in those styles but the journal still says I do not know any of the motifs, 0/14. Relogging does not fix the issue. I also noticed in the achievement section that I do have the correct achievements for both motifs as completed. So the only issue is with the journal not showing correctly.
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    I think this is the same problem as has been reported nearly every few days since 31st October (the earliest I can find)

I linked to a few of the other earlier reports in this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379560/new-motifs-do-not-registre-with-eiditic-memory

I suppose ZOS feel they are overwhelmed with more urgent problems this last month :(
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Thorgrimn
    Thorgrimn
    ✭✭
    Thank you for that link. Looks like the issue is fairly widespread as there are even more links inside that one you posted. Would be great if they get a fix in the very near future.
  • Thorgrimn
    Thorgrimn
    ✭✭
    Any update if this bug will ever be fixed yet please? Its annoying to search for motifs that haven't been learned yet and to get a couple pages of ones you already know. Does anyone perhaps know of a fix yet like reinstall etc?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thorgrimn wrote: »
    Any update if this bug will ever be fixed yet please? Its annoying to search for motifs that haven't been learned yet and to get a couple pages of ones you already know. Does anyone perhaps know of a fix yet like reinstall etc?

I had to reinstall my game for another issue and I'm still getting the same issue you are so i wouldn't bother.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this because it's still happening. Interestingly, for me, my Ebonshadow motif chapters are correctly listed as learned, but my Apostle and Dreadhorn motif chapters are not (I've learned 100% of all three).
  • Astans
    Astans
    ✭✭✭
    got the same problem (eu/pc) since 21-1-2018
    they say i need to post it here so well..

i lernd ebonshadow 14/14
    got the achievement an i can craft all parts

but in my library it says since jesterday 0/14

fix it pls :/
    9wbKmmcC.png
    dcQ2KbzP.png
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    According to the v3.3.0 Patch Notes the fix is currently on PTS (Public Test Server).
    It will go live when the "Dragon Bones" update goes live (whenever that is).
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant