The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crown exclusive homes make me greatly dislike this company.

Rex-Umbra
Rex-Umbra
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Seriously was excited to have homes in the DLC content that I paid for but each time they release a house in the content I paid for it's a $150 crown exclusive.

Stop alienating your player base and allow those who bought the dlc and completed the achievements the option to buy with gold.
Edited by Rex-Umbra on December 7, 2017 4:30PM
Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest gettihg over it because it's not going to change anytime soon. It's very lucrative.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like them to stop being elitist, so only the rich can own certain homes. Sorry I'm poor, but I don't have $150 to drop on homes anymore, maybe if I saved up for a year. I use my monthly crowns for the furnishings you can't buy in game, but really, can't buy much with real monies on short notice.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if they kept the "crowns only" stuff to a bare minimum. However, I understand why the crown system is there and I can't fault them too much for it. I can't afford to spend much money on crowns either, but neither can I afford that 235k house down the road that I'd love to have instead of being stuck in this apartment. It is what it is.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DjinnRa wrote: »
    It would be nice if they kept the "crowns only" stuff to a bare minimum. However, I understand why the crown system is there and I can't fault them too much for it. I can't afford to spend much money on crowns either, but neither can I afford that 235k house down the road that I'd love to have instead of being stuck in this apartment. It is what it is.

The difference being that you can at least resell that $235k house down the road if you decided to save for it. It's ultimately why I decided to drop 760k gold (months of effort for me) into Stay-Moist Mansion rather than just using my saved up ESO+ Crowns.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on December 7, 2017 5:03PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If those houses were actually functional in any way..MAYBE then I could understand the prices (but not the prices for "notable" homes).. right now it's a hobby (I indulge in as well, if that makes sense). Realistically speaking, you paid huge amount of crowns for storage space to keep pixels there...

and keep the only useful items this homestead system has created so far: crafting stations and training dummies.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That price is insane, and it's just awful that you can't even spend in-game gold for it.
    It's not really that great anyway, though. It looks like your character would freeze to death up there. There's not even a single door. LOL. And the floor looks great, except that it's so bumpy that you couldn't put rugs down anywhere.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is what it is. Buy it with crowns or not. Complaining wont change anything. It's good for the business cause they know full well people will be more than willing to spend the money on it.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Seriously was excited to have homes in the DLC content that I paid for but each time they release a house in the content I paid for it's a $150 crown exclusive.

Stop alienating your player base and allow those who bought the dlc and completed the achievements the option to buy with gold.

TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!
  • Berret
    Berret
    ✭✭✭
    The price is insane for what's basically a hole in the wall that you can't even furnish fully do to the limit.

I'm getting tired of these crown exclusive things too. I'll be more than happy to grind out X amount of achievements and gold to buy the exclusive house if they gave us that option. Either do Achievements and pay gold or buy it with crowns. It will give me something worth logging into the game again.

Not "This house is only available for a week and it cost $120! Who knows if we are ever bringing it back!" Just let us earn them through hard work in game, please, it's alienating people who can't afford to throw $100 at the screen every time there's exclusive crown store "content".
  • spisarevski
    spisarevski
    ✭✭
    The prices don't reflect the uses of houses. I'd type out a long paragraph as to why it's wrong to price houses so much and not even give an option to buy with in-game gold if you own the DLC the house is in, but...whatever. Someone above said this isn't going to change and I'm inclined to agree.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like them to stop being elitist, so only the rich can own certain homes. Sorry I'm poor, but I don't have $150 to drop on homes anymore, maybe if I saved up for a year. I use my monthly crowns for the furnishings you can't buy in game, but really, can't buy much with real monies on short notice.

in real life if u poor u cant live in elite house
    why here must be equty?
    As to me I bought common inn room in Vivec and make it a piece of art. Why cant u? Or u wanna exclusive home for free?
    It stop being exclusive, so one man buy houses and horses and I dont cuz Im here for gameplay, not house-life imitation.

and it is just A HOUSE lol its a HOUSE it dont affect game process at all. Its just a little aspect of huge MMO. And I dont try to persuade you I dont care smb opinion. I just sound my thoughts in public. IM GLAD THIS GAME EXIST FOR FREE BECAUSE OF DAMN HORSES COSTUMES AND HOUSES WHICH DONT AFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL

<3
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don't mind that they're flogging homes at ridiculous prices. It's not ideal. I'd rather at least theoretically have the option to buy anything in the game. But I can tolerate it.

IF it's not in the style of one of the playable races. Both this and the hideous Telvanni tower should have been available for gold and not for a limited time only.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvane wrote: »

why here must be equty?
    As to me I bought common inn room in Vivec and make it a piece of art. Why cant u? Or u wanna exclusive home for free?
    It stop being exclusive, so one man buy houses and horses and I dont cuz Im here for gameplay, not house-life imitation.

and it is just A HOUSE lol its a HOUSE it dont affect game process at all. Its just a little aspect of huge MMO. And I dont try to persuade you I dont care smb opinion. I just sound my thoughts in public. IM GLAD THIS GAME EXIST FOR FREE BECAUSE OF DAMN HORSES COSTUMES AND HOUSES WHICH DONT AFFECT GAMEPLAY AT ALL

<3

This is a fantasy game. It's not real life. There's no reason why a poor person in real life can't indulge in a mansion for a game, for goodness sake. If they play hard and save the gold they should be able to buy it....oh but, ZoS only wants hard cash. Hard cash for a house that doesn't even have storage and not enough slots to make it feel homely.

Very disappointed that people keep buying these crown only houses. People that do just encourage ZoS to do it again and again, and put fellow players at a disadvantage because they can't purchase with gold.

I love ESO, but the people making these cash shop decisions make me feel disgusted.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 8, 2017 9:09AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's definitely a shame to have seen ESO stoop to lows like this the past year, fishing for big cash spenders at the expense of the majority of their playerbase. I'll never understand why they can't tie housing like this, and apex mounts from Crates, into achievements that require in game effort. By all means keep the Crates and the limited time House sales for instant gratification (with big changes to the crate gambling system, but that's another topic...), but allow the players who actually play the game to earn them through effort without time restrictions. I really can't see that affecting revenue too much, and it would make their game more appreciated. It's nice to know that in MMOs like WoW and FFXIV this kind of cosmetic content is added to the core game and remains there forever, so the longer the game lasts the more rewarding content there is to complete. While in ESO there's nothing of the sort with cosmetic rewards for in game content. Latecomers to the game can only browse the website news articles to see all the cosmetic content that's been and gone, never to return except for one-off Christmas shill events. How pathetic.

It really does paint the picture that ZOS is mostly done with the game now, has no intention of trying to build the playerbase in the future, and is perfectly content with trying to hold onto and milk the current playerbase until they all get fed up and leave or TES6 releases. Whichever comes first.
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Morvane wrote: »

why here must be equty?

<3

This is a fantasy game. It's not real life. There's no reason why a poor person in real life can't indulge in a mansion for a game, for goodness sake. If they play hard and save the gold they should be able to buy it....oh but, ZoS only wants hard cash. Hard cash for a house that doesn't even have storage and not enough slots to make it feel homely.

Very disappointed that people keep buying these crown only houses. People that do just encourage ZoS to do it again and again, and put fellow players at a disadvantage because they can't purchase with gold.

I love ESO, but the people making these cash shop decisions make me feel disgusted.

all fantasies are based or influenced from objects or concepts from REAL world. Games are created by REAL people not gods or aliens so you forced to see their inner vision of fantasy. When you log in ESO you arent in Tamriel itself. You are in somebody group creation (dream, fantasy) and colours of this fantasy is depend from reality which opress or not its creators.

NOTE:Its just pocket world

PS: you still need good PC for playing this. It costs money.
    Edited by Morvane on December 8, 2017 11:34AM
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that's expensive. If I'm going to drop that kind of money I'm going to put it towards a real-life house; it'll probably last longer and I'll definitely get more use out of it.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m the type of player who is much more willing to spend plenty of extra money on a game if I respect the Devs behind the game. For years I did - I have subbed for a long time, bought many mounts/costumes/pets, promoted the game whenever possible, and have had a great time overall. However, recently increasing Crown Store greed has caused me to finally lose all interest in potential ESO-related purchases for the time being.

I was excited for the Wrothgar home since it was first on PTS! I have asked since Homestead launch for a home in a snowy environment....... until I saw that disgusting 13K unfurnished/16K+ furnished Crown tag on it today. Even worse, there is no purchase for gold option. No way I’ll pay nearly so much especially without a sale going on to artificially lower the price (or is it artificially raised...?)

Also, with how terrible ESO’s game performance is, which has lead to a declining PvP and endgame PvE population thanks 100% to incompetence/broken promises on ZOS’s part, I am now stuck wondering why I would spend another penny on Crowns. ZOS will never fix the game performance. Cyrodiil is horrendously laggy, full of CP-related imbalance, and at an all-time low population. Massive bugs are prevalent in so many skills/character mechanics that they have become features (streak doesnt go through most doors, gapclosers make you fly, Templar damage scaling on jabs/jesus beam is broken, channeled Staff heavy attacks can dangerously bug out your entire character, etc -> broken for years) and this is all alongside a increasing focus on the Crown Store every patch. Yes, the PvE questing zones over the passed year have been well done.... but everything else in this game has been very badly treated and poorly maintained. Can I justify spending so much money on a cosmetic when I had to close app 4+ times in the last 2hrs running trials at 10FPS? How about when 3/4ths of my group has to close app in Vet Hel Ra because of neverending load screens (and then repeatedly closing app -> relogging for 20min longer hoping it’ll work)? Guess I should’ve bought that $150 house to give them money for such quality gameplay :unamused:

I could go on for a long time talking about what ZOS has forgotten they promised to add and/or fix. Who even cares though anymore? PvP and endgame PvE has been so neglected that those who held out hoping for fixes are finally gone. There’s a long history of promises and damage control from the Devs to buy time for improvements that never arrived. ESO’s big streamers have all left too and whether you liked them or not, they all had valid concerns and similarly held out hope/pushed for improvements.

In light of the state of the game, is it logical for me to spend like $150 on a virtual home in a DLC I already paid for? Imo no. Absolutely not. I’d pay $150 for them to fix the neglected game performance though.