Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A Cryodil PVP Idea

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I am full of ideas in this festive period apperently.

Anyway so a big issue with PVP is that the map is huge but the armies pretty only fight over the inner keeps, Bridge and the Chalman and Nikel gates. There is just no reason to leave that battle zone when its ineffienct for all the riding required to travel out of your way. At least when solo, I know organised groups can use that space but the zergs have no reason.

Now the idea of making more capturable towns has the issue that the AD zone doesn't have a nice capturable town nearby like Cheydinhal.

So instead I suggest having moving supply trains as a capturable resource, they would avoid the worst of the fighting and travel through some of these blank zones. They act in a smilar way to payload quests in things like TF2 and Overwatch. You can capture or defend these supply trains for your alliances advantage. You will try to get them safely to your keeps for AP.

If no one fights for them they will just give passive team AP, like resources.

Cryodil is so big you can have lots of different types of PVP all with in the same map.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should get rid of this ridicilous lag floating above Cyrodil for 3 years now.
    I like this idea, anything that will change the way it is now.
    Edited by amir412 on December 7, 2017 12:32PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty of reason to leave the main battle corridors. However, when you do, people complain about you PvDooring the keeps that they don't have players just sitting there waiting to defend. Because, by and large,most players don't like to sit around and wait for fights to happen. They go out and fight. Either they fight at the main objectives and find the opposition, or they go out to the outlying areas and most likely PvDoor.

So I like the idea of your solution, except that its going to increase PvDoor. If that's okay with you and other players, that's great! But I'm really tired of being told to spread out the fights in one breath and to stop PvDooring in the next.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's plenty of reason to leave the main battle corridors. However, when you do, people complain about you PvDooring the keeps that they don't have players just sitting there waiting to defend. Because, by and large,most players don't like to sit around and wait for fights to happen. They go out and fight. Either they fight at the main objectives and find the opposition, or they go out to the outlying areas and most likely PvDoor.

So I like the idea of your solution, except that its going to increase PvDoor. If that's okay with you and other players, that's great! But I'm really tired of being told to spread out the fights in one breath and to stop PvDooring in the next.

The only time I don't like when people are PvDooring is when both enemy alliances are pushing us hard and there is a random group taking a keep on the other side of the map (so in my case, AD and DC are both attacking our keeps, and someone goes and takes Brindle). There is a time and place for PvDooring and for grouping up at one keep
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »

The only time I don't like when people are PvDooring is when both enemy alliances are pushing us hard and there is a random group taking a keep on the other side of the map (so in my case, AD and DC are both attacking our keeps, and someone goes and takes Brindle). There is a time and place for PvDooring and for grouping up at one keep

As a pvp guild leader for about 2 years I would say I'm extremely guilty of this. Mainly for 1 reason.

My guild want the other faction zergs for ourselves. We want to fight large groups away from the normal keeps. So that they can't all stack on one area. It's hard for "yellow" to be at arrius when there chat is blowing up about the reds they can't kill at Faregyl.

Man do I love that farm there. So many times reds and yellows are fighting on the bridge and we've got the emperor plus crew at the resource a keep away. It's really all about the timing in which you pvdoor. I just hate breaking down walls. So normally we just kill until the zergs are too big.

I'll take glademist while we are pushed in the gate so we can get fights like this

https://youtu.be/ZIHAb97BpY0
    Edited by Koolio on December 7, 2017 4:40PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But its Brindle! Brindle: Key to the WAR!

Yeah...sometimes hitting an enemy back keep is useful. But not Brindle.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

As a pvp guild leader for about 2 years I would say I'm extremely guilty of this. Mainly for 1 reason.

My guild want the other faction zergs for ourselves. We want to fight large groups away from the normal keeps. So that they can't all stack on one area. It's hard for "yellow" to be at arrius when there chat is blowing up about the reds they can't kill at Faregyl.

Man do I love that farm there. So many times reds and yellows are fighting on the bridge and we've got the emperor plus crew at the resource a keep away. It's really all about the timing in which you pvdoor. I just hate breaking down walls. So normally we just kill until the zergs are too big.

I'll take glademist while we are pushed in the gate so we can get fights like this

https://youtu.be/ZIHAb97BpY0

When the guild i'm a part of was bigger and played more, we used to do stuff like that too. This was 2 years ago when we were the only ones utilizing tactics. I like to think everyone learned off of my guild. Too bad our guildmaster quit because he didn't like where things were going.

now I get that it is tactically smart to light up keeps to reduce the strain on the keeps we are trying to protect, but taking and holding off Nikel is a farmer's dream. Multiple times this past month DC had all but 2 keeps, Chalman and BRK. AD had BRK and both were pushing on chalman. And yet someone decided to go to Nikel and farm.... Nobody had emp. Stuff like this really grinds my sotha sil gears..
    Odin banker - obv banker

• Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice video

We used to take the scroll and run into an instanced house and farm that. Good times.
    Odin banker - obv banker

• Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Open area fights are a lot more fun than keep fights, it would be nice to have a reason to engage in them other than... well, they are pretty fun. I know people like more tangible rewards too. :)

It would also be nice to have something to counterbalance the scroll-possession bonuses. It gets stupid when one faction has all the scrolls (and bonuses) and emperor as well.

We're dreaming if we think the devs care much about improving Cyrodiil PVP. But it would be nice!