Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove Cyrodiil Bonuses Already

PhxOldGamer68
PhxOldGamer68
✭✭✭✭
With all the unbalanced campaigns, there should be no reason the over-dominant alliance that holds all the scrolls and the majority of the map should have any bonuses. All those bonuses to extra anything (increased health, etc) should go to the alliance that lost its scroll or is down to 3 keeps or even no keeps. The AP and Point bonuses to low pop is not enough to help balance the fight.

Giving a bonus to the over-dominant alliance is like kicking the loser on the ground and then pouring salt and vinegar on the wounds.
PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheering-gif-8.gif

+1,000 on this...

at one point, maybe it did make sense...2017 though, buffing the dominant alliance is crazy...

Scroll Bonuses
    Bonus > Effect
    Defensive Scroll Bonus I > Increases armor rating by 5%.
    Defensive Scroll Bonus II > Increases spell resistance and armor rating by 5%.
    Offensive Scroll Bonus I > Increases spell power by 5%.
    Offensive Scroll Bonus II > Increases weapon power and spell power by 5%
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2017 8:18PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    cheering-gif-8.gif

+1,000 on this...

at one point, maybe it did make sense...2017 though, buffing the dominant alliance is crazy...

Scroll Bonuses
    Bonus > Effect
    Defensive Scroll Bonus I > Increases armor rating by 5%.
    Defensive Scroll Bonus II > Increases spell resistance and armor rating by 5%.
    Offensive Scroll Bonus I > Increases spell power by 5%.
    Offensive Scroll Bonus II > Increases weapon power and spell power by 5%

LOL Isn't that cRaZy!!! The bullies on the playground took your lunch money and now all the bullies are even stronger than the rest of the playground. You have 5 friends and the bullies have 20.

When the bullies take the lunch money, we should get the Principal's buff and mow them down!!!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the buff to the dominant faction only ever made sense when pop was consistently high enough (and there was serious enough competition over campaign score) that being the dominant alliance ensured that you would get double teamed.

Now it's just kinda pointless and/or counterproductive.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? So you want benefits for being on the losing side? Are we on the recess playground asking teacher to make sure the teams are even and we all have an even playing field?

I get that you wanna buff the underdogs here, but seriously, why should the rewards for winning get handed over to the losing faction? In the name of game balance? Its PVP. Are we really that bad about crying for nerfs that we can't even reward faction players for the objectives they captured? ZOS already gives you the low pop bonus that helps with the score, but you want more buffs?

I'm embarrassed for PVP.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an incentive. I have never had an issue with the bonus in Cyrodiil though was pleased when that bonus no longer applied outside of Cyrodiil as it really messed up the campaigns.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really? So you want benefits for being on the losing side? Are we on the recess playground asking teacher to make sure the teams are even and we all have an even playing field?

I get that you wanna buff the underdogs here, but seriously, why should the rewards for winning get handed over to the losing faction? In the name of game balance? Its PVP. Are we really that bad about crying for nerfs that we can't even reward faction players for the objectives they captured? ZOS already gives you the low pop bonus that helps with the score, but you want more buffs?

I'm embarrassed for PVP.

Why not? That's how PVPers have managed to destroy skills, whole classes, and PVP itself!

Constant whining about things not being fair.

Lag because of too many players, zergs are bad, BUT LET'S CONCENTRATE EVERYONE on as FEW SERVERS AS POSSIBLE!

PVP is embarrassing anymore. No wonder you're embarrassed.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm embarrassed for PVP.

hey @VaranisArano ...i'm guessing you may not have had the same cyrodiilic experience that @PhxOldGamer68 , @DeadlyRecluse or myself have had...

sure guilds and quality group leaders have a large impact on the score and color of the map - however, by and large what wins campaigns and turns a map blue, red, or yellow for extended periods of time is: numbers...

which faction has the most players participating is what matters most...

the sentiment we're expressing, and our issue with the scroll bonuses, is that not only are we at times fighting against 2 to 3 players versus 1 odds (it definitely gets worst than that) - we're fighting outnumbered against buffed players...

i'm not sure if that is something which can be easily understood or appreciated unless you've experienced it - but, there it is...

@Mureel ...
    cc3.jpg
    :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, remove alliance bonuses, id be more in favor of individual temporary bonuses you could earn through pvp, say if you kill 20 sorcerors and complete the quest, you earn 5% weapon and spelldmg for 3 hours. Something to that effect.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not the scroll. Just the ability to campaign/alliance switch at a moments notice. Need account locking (have made previous post about this so wont write a essay about it) to a server rather than having the joke they currently got.
    A few simple fixes will hurt a few "ganky soloist" and pve'er but no one really cares about those as pvp is dead in all but one campaign (ps4/na) because of them.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if people would just pick a side and stick with it then it would balance itself out. Usually at the beginning of each campaign ad is outnumbered on both sides and takes a beating. Thanks to ad crowns putting in lots of effort and time(not numbers) ad is able to pull ahead. Once ad gets the lead then people hop over to the ad side causing the population to be unbalanced. As noted by Bhaal5 above the problem is people switching camps and alliances causing the imbalance. Lock it for camp duration, problem solved
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    this isn’t a faction swapping issue. It’s a, why does the dominant faction deserve superior buffs when they are already on top and usually already have superior numbers.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    this isn’t a faction swapping issue. It’s a, why does the dominant faction deserve superior buffs when they are already on top and usually already have superior numbers.

I don't know! Maybe its a reward for having captured more keeps and scrolls. You know, an incentive for players to accomplish the objectives.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Yes, remove alliance bonuses, id be more in favor of individual temporary bonuses you could earn through pvp, say if you kill 20 sorcerors and complete the quest, you earn 5% weapon and spelldmg for 3 hours. Something to that effect.

Sounds like less burden on the server as well. I like the idea
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

When the faction swapping causes those superior numbers, then yes it's an issue that makes overcoming those buffs that much harder. If people didn't swap then there wouldn't be the overwhelming numbers on the winning side and overcoming those buffs wouldn't be a problem if the population was balanced.

Punishing people for winning gives them no incentive and is just the wrong approach to fixing the real problem. I'm not even gonna comment on how your signature could be interpreted relative to this issue. xD

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to find a way to incentive both scroll taking and low pop faction with either big bonus or dynamic pop lock or any other idea that would solve the problem
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the pvp is just diein’ so they just remove those bonuses to slow the bleeding
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just balance the buffs we already have.

And remove that low population BS. There's no reason why a faction with next to nothing on the map should be able to claim first place. Put in the work for your faction or move along.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

Punishing people for winning gives them no incentive and is just the wrong approach to fixing the real problem. I'm not even gonna comment on how your signature could be interpreted relative to this issue. xD

not buffing already dominant faction players doesn't seem like to much of a punishment (heck, most folks probably aren't even aware of the buffs)...

as far as the incentive for players participating on the dominant faction...well, i think the motivation there is very clear...

giphy.gif
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know! Maybe its a reward for having captured more keeps and scrolls. You know, an incentive for players to accomplish the objectives.
    That's what AP is for.

I agree with OP - For example, giving all buffs to AD (screenshot below) when they already outnumber EP and DC 3:1 is one sure way to kill any desire for EP and DC players to participate in a campaign.

I'll note that in this particular example, that's not just bad for EP/DC, it's bad for AD too. An all-yellow map makes for some pretty boring PvP if you're AD faithful.

eso-pvp.jpg

PS4NA
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm embarrassed for PVP.

im embarassed for no talent zerglings like yourself who think winning with numbers is equivalent to skill. keep mashing the same button over and over again.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how I get jumped on for mentioning faction swapping, yet every argument so far has been about superior numbers on the winning side. If people weren't allowed to swap then there wouldn't be superior numbers. It's called cause and effect.

Don't get me wrong I love playing with players from all factions, but you should be locked in for the duration of the campaign. Fixing the cause of the problem would be much better than introducing socialsm into a video game. What's next you want my AP and gold too!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montiferus wrote: »

I'm embarrassed for PVP.

im embarassed for no talent zerglings like yourself who think winning with numbers is equivalent to skill. keep mashing the same button over and over again.

If you had the skill, you wouldn't be whining about numbers, no? And yet we're whining about numbers.

I'd rather that PVPers bucked up, got the skills, and quit whining for the opposing factions to lose the rewards they got for pursuing the objectives. Then, when you've done that, you get to enjoy the rewards of pursuing the objectives yourself!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's funny how I get jumped on for mentioning faction swapping, yet every argument so far has been about superior numbers on the winning side. If people weren't allowed to swap then there wouldn't be superior numbers. It's called cause and effect.

Don't get me wrong I love playing with players from all factions, but you should be locked in for the duration of the campaign. Fixing the cause of the problem would be much better than introducing socialsm into a video game. What's next you want my AP and gold too!

Because it rather sounds like you have no clue how big populations imbalances we had even when faction swapping barely existed.
    Good players who rather play outnumbered or on the losing side swap factions. Winning team joiners either switch campaigns or simply stay out of PvP until their factions is winning again. It's been like that since launch.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

Because it rather sounds like you have no clue how big populations imbalances we had even when faction swapping barely existed.
    Good players who rather play outnumbered or on the losing side swap factions. Winning team joiners either switch campaigns or simply stay out of PvP until their factions is winning again. It's been like that since launch.

As someone that used to play in haderus, I remember quite well what it was like to be gated almost daily. Difference was we fought through it and used strategy and teamwork to fight much larger numbers.

I can't speak for your server, but on ps4 NA the vivec campaign usually always starts out balanced, but as soon as ad takes the lead people swap factions which causes a zerg fest.

I just don't think rewarding losing and punishing winning is the answer. Maybe faction locking for camp duration would help or I've also seen great ideas posted by others as well.

Such as making people wait in que if they want to join the over populated side till its within a certain percentage of the other faction populations and also allowing them to play their winning faction character on one of the losing faction sides to balance the population.
    Edited by Sanctum74 on December 2, 2017 9:27PM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the removal of Cyrodiil bonuses. With that being said, I'm guessing. ESO will be having a greatly overhaul of the system. Something about the Windows XP not accepted by ESO. In a way doesn't set well with me. I believe ZOS is hiding something and not allowed to say, except allowed warning us. I believe that they are under NDA currently. But something big might be happening once Windows XP not supported. Maybe ready for new Chapter. Or ESO is getting a big overhaul, but we must download this new overhaul.

But something doesn't set right for me with Windows XP not being supported anymore. But at same time if ZOS in fact was building a completely overhaul. Most likely won't happen. But again with Windows XP. But let's hope, there would be new changes to Cyrodiil and bring PvPers of old back. Including take way Cyrodiil bonuses. Sadly even though I am going over topic.

There was a reason for me to do so. We just have to see what the new year brings for ESO. Thus ends my opinion but hopefully in future. I do see removal of Cyrodiil bonuses. Will in fact might come to pass. But again something with Windows XP, don't sit right for me I think they are forced to hiding something. Eventhough I know Windows XP is old. But maybe new changes will help and make things better. Even for us PvPers in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on December 3, 2017 1:03AM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the removal of Cyrodiil bonuses. With that being said, I'm guessing. ESO will be having a greatly overhaul of the system. Something about the Windows XP not accepted by ESO. In a way doesn't set well with me. I believe ZOS is hiding something and not allowed to say, except allowed warning us. I believe that they are under NDA currently. But something big might be happening once Windows XP not supported. Maybe ready for new Chapter. Or ESO is getting a big overhaul, but we must download this new overhaul.

But something doesn't set right for me with Windows XP not being supported anymore. But at same time if ZOS in fact was building a completely overhaul. Most likely won't happen. But again with Windows XP. But let's hope, there would be new changes to Cyrodiil and bring PvPers of old back. Including take way Cyrodiil bonuses. Sadly even though I am going over topic.

There was a reason for me to do so. We just have to see what the new year brings for ESO. Thus ends my opinion but hopefully in future. I do see removal of Cyrodiil bonuses. Will in fact might come to pass. But again something with Windows XP, don't sit right for me I think they are forced to hiding something. Eventhough I know Windows XP is old. But maybe new changes will help and make things better. Even for us PvPers in Cyrodiil.

Damn you serjustin19 why are you so amazing and refusing to join me on my AD NA pc rise to greatness.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't agree with the Low Pop point bonus as well. Seeing the low pop alliance winning 1st place just because of low pop doesn't make sense. But as others agreed, when one alliance is 3 bars constantly, it seems asinine to give them health and weapon bonuses. More AP or better loot would be a better bonus as others suggested.

3 bard for every alliance last night on PS4 NA. Welcome back everyone!
    Edited by PhxOldGamer68 on December 5, 2017 10:22PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it would be wise for everyone to review what those bonuses actually are: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Campaigns
  • Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    The idea of the dominant faction getting the scroll bonus is fine, but that's only when there is a significant population in all three factions; it slows the inevitable crushing of the owning faction down a tad. Not much, but makes the sieges a bit more intense for everyone involved.

But for some damn reason, people just abandon their faction (DC cowards) when another's dominating (EP zerg pugs). This hasn't been quite as big an issue with AD, since they usually have two or three bars when EP is pop capped, but DC has hardly any players when the map isn't in their favour.

What I'd suggest, is that the losing factions get a buff to AP gain, but only the original unbuffed rate being counted towards your PvP reward and your alliance's campaign leaderboard. This gives the dominated guys enough AP to purchase siege and camps, allowing them to do some proper damage.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link to the list. Only the Keep and Scroll bonuses should be removed IMO, making the playing field level regardless of the population.

Good to see both PS4 NA Vivec and Shor with 3 bars on all alliances last night. Black Friday sales seem to have brought in a lot of players.