The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Returning Stormatronarch Crown Crates - what did I miss?

Brieth
Brieth
hello everyone and hi to the zos gm folks!
i was happy to hear that the stormatronarch crates made it back for a cpl days into the store. bought an amount of crates hopefully to get the storm senche what did't happen. no prob i thought, cause with my bazillions of crown crystals i would buy it anyway, but noes... there's no option to buy the storm stuff with crystals, just the new flame. did I miss any button or whatsoever option. I want that storm atronarch senche. any help is much appreciated.
The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to gamble without even seeing the loot tables LOL

No reason ZOS didnt add the gem conversion table for these crates. Just trying to milk more gamblers.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, ZOS disabled buying any of the Storm or Wild Hunt crate items with gems. I really wanted the Storm Atro Senche too but now I won't buy any more crates to get the 400 needed to buy a mount. It's a bad move imo.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd imagine that it is just the crates that are available for purchase, not the entire season of drops.

It's a pain, but there isn't much that can be done.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Brieth
    Brieth
    i should've known it much better, but for now I'm just another cow... moo
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • PrinceDamien
    PrinceDamien
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

You can preview what they contain if you press R while hovering over it in the Crown Store page.
    It even tells you that on the bottom of the screen.
    Edited by PrinceDamien on December 4, 2017 11:49PM
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to buy one of the tattoo's and skin...I'm really hoping this was an oversight :(@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No reason ZOS didnt add the gem conversion table for these crates. Just trying to milk more gamblers.

You can inspect the contents of the crown crates before purchasing them. So the loot table is there to look at if you want
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on December 5, 2017 12:23AM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What really rubs me the wrong way is that they ended the last season EARLY, then have this whole: “we can’t have the gem store open for two types of crates at once” song and dance. I know a fart when I smell it, and that excuse stinks.

If they were really concerned about logistics, they would have ended Reaper Season, then done the two “retro” crates, then Fire Atronarch. Would have generated much more goodwill.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    I wanted to buy one of the tattoo's and skin...I'm really hoping this was an oversight :(@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

It's not an oversight. They said at the bottom of the December Showcase:

"Note that Crown Store currently supports the purchase of items with Crown Gems from the Flame Atronach Crown Crate season. Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale."

That's marketing-speak for "We don't want to take the time to change the Crown Store to let you buy things from old crates directly with gems, so you'll just have to gamble for them instead."

They know exactly what they did.

Seriously, they know.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just wanna buy what I want :tongue:
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

What really rubs me the wrong way is that they ended the last season EARLY, then have this whole: “we can’t have the gem store open for two types of crates at once” song and dance. I know a fart when I smell it, and that excuse stinks.

If they were really concerned about logistics, they would have ended Reaper Season, then done the two “retro” crates, then Fire Atronarch. Would have generated much more goodwill.

they know what they are doing.
    there was no crown sale on black fredas so people couldn't stock up on crowns. ZOS knew, as soon as they drop these limited crates without players being able to use gems, a lot of them would buy crowns at full price to get a shot at the stuff that is long gone.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragath wrote: »

there was no crown sale on black fredas so people couldn't stock up on crowns. ZOS knew, as soon as they drop these limited crates without players being able to use gems, a lot of them would buy crowns at full price to get a shot at the stuff that is long gone.

Pretty much. The management team at ZOS plans their marketing strategy very carefully, and there are no coincidences when it comes to the Crown Store, Crown Crates, Crown sales, Free Play Weekends, or other things that directly impact fiscal gains for the company.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

"Note that Crown Store currently supports the purchase of items with Crown Gems from the Flame Atronach Crown Crate season. Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale."

That's marketing-speak for "We don't want to take the time to change the Crown Store to let you buy things from old crates directly with gems, so you'll just have to gamble for them instead."

Seriously, they know.

Ah I didn't read the post, just heard through a friend they were 'returning'. That is...incredibly disheartening, I very much doubt I will drop a bunch of £ just for 2 items, knowing my luck I won't get them even if they are uncommon's xD
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, they know.

It's more, we're bringing them back as a one time offer so we don't owe you any favors.

They're perfectly capable of making them available for gems, but they have chosen not to.
    Edited by Betsararie on December 5, 2017 1:00AM
  • SanderBuraas
    SanderBuraas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragath wrote: »

Pretty much. The management team at ZOS plans their marketing strategy very carefully, and there are no coincidences when it comes to the Crown Store, Crown Crates, Crown sales, Free Play Weekends, or other things that directly impact fiscal gains for the company.
    @Phage

So true. I am so tired of this. It's like they really want their game to die. How can they think marketing and sales are the first priorities of an MMO? The game itself is. A good game will attract players, and most importantly, keep people playing.

ESO has so much potential, but it's developing horribly – like pouring water into a glass of wine.
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I just wanna buy what I want :tongue:

tenor.gif?itemid=8353988
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You missed a few days of school according to your spelling.