The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cowards gear + ?

• lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    I am thinking of using this on a stamDK but i am in some doubt about what set to pair it with. Maybe shackle breaker would be nice but maybe the dmg would be on the low side. Also if the first set bonus was max stamina it would be a lot more useful imo.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    + Jailbreaker for the super speed running, not sure it's all that effective except maybe in CTF Battleground.

i farm and have fun in cowards + jailbreak = super fun...
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    paul_j wrote: »
    lol I just tried on fjords with cowards and it's absolutely hilarious

couldn't wait to equip fiords legacy and coward's gear together on my stam sorc...

took me a while to stop running in to stuff...

in the end though, in regards to cyrodiil - i ended up spending more time running away than fighting :'(

was definitely disappointed with the 30% damage mitigation...didn't really feel like it made much difference, plus - setup hit like a wet noodle...

great set up for farming resource nodes though...

Yep farming nodes in craglorn is what this set is for. See another guy trying to beat you to the possible nirn.
    Edited by Datthaw on December 4, 2017 11:34AM
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araviel2 wrote: »

something someone can do to circumvent the issue with having skills locked while sprinting though is using the bunny hop technique where you jump to keep momentum and activate skills while in the air.

So THAT'S why you PvP chaps bounce around like that :D I always wondered about that. For me if I see someone with a 2H equipped or bouncing every third step, then I assume they're probably pvp players. I understand the skills from the 2H but could never figure the jumping thing out. Makes sense, I cursed every time I had to slow down for skills (and often died) in the Mayhem event.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried cowards after the speed nerf and hated it. I use 2h front bar and tried cowards backbar but it was very clunky needing to stop sprinting to switch to front to get snare removal. So I changed it to the weaker option and front barred it, but I still didn't like it.

One reason I didn't like it was that too many things takes you out of speed or bugs it, like you get chained in and you have to wait 1-2 seconds before you can sprint again, same when you get hit by draining shot or at least for me, making the survivability and escape of the set pointless.

Also I found speed terrible this patch, I have been so slow since the speed nerf so I tried stacking it. I am an orc, I used the steed mundus and have hurricane then I slotted this set for major expidition and it made no difference. When the larger groups decided to chase me it was very rare for me to escape, even classes like magdks could catch me in melee range, simply because they have rapids, and I'm being snared/ccd so often I have to keep spamming forward.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use on back(buff 2h) bar for stamplar. Still messing with build but so far I like it. Cryo cp camp only, I dont bg.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In theory, it's nice.

Untill you get snared out of your mind all day long so you never get to utilise it.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 21, 2019 4:58PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    In theory, it's nice.

Untill you get snared out of your mind all day long so you never get to utilise it.

That depends on your build setup. You can counter most snares with speed.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Coward's gear is great for a farming set. I didn't know it's actually a pvp set too? Typically you need one defensive set + one healing or offensive set.

If you run coward's gear as your defensive set you'll get bursted down while cc'd pretty easily, I can't see it working well.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory, it's nice.

How does that work ? Like I said I had orc, hurricane, steed and major expidition and was getting outrun by magdks because of the snares. If i didn't use forward then I would be basically standing still from the slow so speed does nothing against snares, and because I had to keep spamming forward it meant I was slower anyway.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    In theory, it's nice.

How does that work ? Like I said I had orc, hurricane, steed and major expidition and was getting outrun by magdks because of the snares. If i didn't use forward then I would be basically standing still from the slow so speed does nothing against snares, and because I had to keep spamming forward it meant I was slower anyway.

Because you’re sitting in the snares. Don’t engage with mag dks unless it’s to burst them down because if you use shrouded like I do it’s reflectable. Stam sorcs specialize at hit and run, you should rarely be sitting still. Stam sorc is the only class I played for the last few days , in a snare plagued environment that which is bgs and only had a problem when I was sitting in ground aoe snares. Plus, this is why I run streak as well so sprinting away isn’t my only option.

Are you in heavy?

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory, it's nice.

Because you’re sitting in the snares. Don’t engage with mag dks unless it’s to burst them down because if you use shrouded like I do it’s reflectable. Stam sorcs specialize at hit and run, you should rarely be sitting still. Stam sorc is the only class I played for the last few days , in a snare plagued environment that which is bgs and only had a problem when I was sitting in ground aoe snares. Plus, this is why I run streak as well so sprinting away isn’t my only option.

Are you in heavy?

I think you misunderstood what I said. I never mentioned I was sat in snares, I said if I didn't use forward then I would be stuck still, as in snares overpower speed so much, doesn't matter what speed you have the snares will make you slow so you have to keep immunity up if you want to be mobile.

And yeah I use 6 heavy atm since I play solo, I need more survivability and I also run streak.

But my point was I have orc, steed, hurricane, major expidtion and streak and I still could not outrun a group, I used the mag dk in the group as an example because they are often seen as slow, yet he cought my stamsorc fine because of how the snare meta currently is.

Bgs are very different, if I play bgs I escape often, because people don't run rapids there and you have 3 other teamates to back you up. Playing cyro solo/smallscale and the enemies all have rapids and spam snares like crazy and you don't have even numbers to help you.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on January 21, 2019 8:15PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory, it's nice.

Are you in heavy?

I think you misunderstood what I said. I never mentioned I was sat in snares, I said if I didn't use forward then I would be stuck still, as in snares overpower speed so much, doesn't matter what speed you have the snares will make you slow so you have to keep immunity up if you want to be mobile.

And yeah I use 6 heavy atm since I play solo, I need more survivability and I also run streak.

But my point was I have orc, steed, hurricane, major expidtion and streak and I still could not outrun a group, I used the mag dk in the group as an example because they are often seen as slow, yet he cought my stamsorc fine because of how the snare meta currently is.

Bgs are very different, if I play bgs I escape often, because people don't run rapids there and you have 3 other teamates to back you up. Playing cyro solo/smallscale and the enemies all have rapids and spam snares like crazy and you don't have even numbers to help you.

I’m just saying the snare meta is worse and felt more in no cp.

By sitting in snares I meant you’re continuing to face a magdk that usually specializes in wearing opponents down with snares, roots and ccs. I didn’t know you meant in an xv1, they’re a nuisance in that scenario for most.

It’s weird though it’s easier for me to get away in open world because I rarely come across someone using rapids but even then I’m faster than them. I run solo open world in medium on my stamplar and stam sorc and use light on every mag build. Stam wise I personally feel medium is better once you get used to being squishy, same with light really. Don’t know maybe we just have a different experience but I will note that when I ran heavy that’s when I felt like I was being snared to death on my stam sorc.

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By sitting in snares I meant you’re continuing to face a magdk that usually specializes in wearing opponents down with snares, roots and ccs. I didn’t know you meant in an xv1, they’re a nuisance in that scenario for most.

It’s weird though it’s easier for me to get away in open world because I rarely come across someone using rapids but even then I’m faster than them. I run solo open world in medium on my stamplar and stam sorc and use light on every mag build. Stam wise I personally feel medium is better once you get used to being squishy, same with light really. Don’t know maybe we just have a different experience but I will note that when I ran heavy that’s when I felt like I was being snared to death on my stam sorc.

Yeah I was talking about being chased by a large group :) I had so much speed and made sure I kept forward up so I stayed full speed but they still caught me easily. It happens very often.

I tried medium a little and it wasn't bad but I don't think I will ever get used to being squishy because stamsorc is already squishy and there is a lot of mechanics you can't counter with skill, like bleeds, proc sets ect. If someone soul assaults you when your outnumbered for example the only counter is using los because I streak twice and it's still on me, and it's still going to hit for a lot before you get around a corner, and then most of the time it still hits me through objects anyway, same with zaan. That's why I prefer heavy, it makes me tanky to soak up a little more damage by things I have no other defence from. But still, combining orc, hurricane, steed and cowards should be enough to be faster than most but for me it's not and I feel slow no matter what.

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I was talking about being chased by a large group :) I had so much speed and made sure I kept forward up so I stayed full speed but they still caught me easily. It happens very often.

I tried medium a little and it wasn't bad but I don't think I will ever get used to being squishy because stamsorc is already squishy and there is a lot of mechanics you can't counter with skill, like bleeds, proc sets ect. If someone soul assaults you when your outnumbered for example the only counter is using los because I streak twice and it's still on me, and it's still going to hit for a lot before you get around a corner, and then most of the time it still hits me through objects anyway, same with zaan. That's why I prefer heavy, it makes me tanky to soak up a little more damage by things I have no other defence from. But still, combining orc, hurricane, steed and cowards should be enough to be faster than most but for me it's not and I feel slow no matter what.

I can agree with soul assault and zaan those two can be cancer if you get caught in the open.

With that being said I usually feel fast on my stam sorc, that’s the main reason I play it since nothing else is really going for the spec. Medium is more so for burst and movement, but if you don’t like being squishy it’s not ideal. I try to stay mobile and aggressive.

• Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    a WW with cowards gear and torugs and selene. AWOOOOOO im coming for ye
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    Cowards gear, fjords, steed mundus, orc, all 3 swift jewellry, top everything into stam recov, absolutely fantastic for resource node farming, me and a few friends equip frost staffs with elemental reach and race around the rift, best of 3 laps wins
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scroll running build
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Running spriggans/cg/troll king on my Stam Sorc In bg’s.

Not optimal but really fun. I’m also 2h and bow.

Not using wb though just crit rush, fm and executioner boing aegis and evil hunter on fb with wd enchant.
    Pushing 5k wd.

Backbar now is pi bound aegis hurricane resolving vigor and dark deal.

All the heals seem redundant I suppose but combined with the sets , my mobility and TK my sustain is really impressive and when I can crit rush in Db and la/execute I do some serious damage. Then fm and dash away spamming heals and rolling.