The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Sorceror

Stealthk80
Stealthk80
✭✭
Hi, I'm looking for a little help as I have trawled around looking at various threads etc around the net and cant find a definite answer to my following queries. I Bought ESO on release a few years back and never really got into it - at the time I was a long time wow player and fairly decent (few top 10 ranks mage/lock) but certainly not the best.

I started with a NB on here and never really got into it, I came back a few months ago and started again with a DK which was ok, but quickly figured I should go with a magic class again and so started to level a Magicka Sorc, and here begins my issues:

1) What is the current best spec? The info I find is varying in date from 2015 to early this year. I'm running Vet Dungs at the moment and will move into trials when I feel I have fully grasped the game. I have been running a pet based build up until now as some state that is the best spec..

front bar - Inferno staff - Fragments. Hardened, Force Pulse, Power Surge - Inner Light/Pet
Back Bar - Lightning Staff - Wrath, Liquid Lightning, boundless/Prey/Haunting, Blockade of elements, Inner/Pet

Sat at 307 CP any insight onto best place for those?

Also I read that I should have 18k HP for Vets/trials - I'm sat at 10.5k right now unbuffed. If I'm supposed to go magicka/SP on every enchant and 64 in magicka, how are people getting 18k with just buff food? (I'm low prov atm still levelling it)

2) With the above in mind and I have access to vDG's at the moment, what load out should I aim for? Ive had massive issues getting a good staff, got an inferno and lightning right now both sharp.

I currently have 5 x BSW, 2 Llambris and 3x Julianos (no luck with willpower)

I'm farming the Necropotence set as we speak, as I cant craft all the Julianos yet due to traits, so, I guess, what set should I put my effort into ?

A lot a questions and some probably very simple for the older players, sorry if they are - I don't even have a functioning guild haha

Thanks

Ayáo

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally if you're looking for veteran trials builds you want to check AlcastHQ and Tamriel Foundry forum, these are normally the places for high quality end game builds/guides.

There maybe more more optimal or personalised ones out there but those area good starting point. I have both linked in my signature below.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Generally if you're looking for veteran trials builds you want to check AlcastHQ and Tamriel Foundry forum, these are normally the places for high quality end game builds/guides.

There maybe more more optimal or personalised ones out there but those area good starting point. I have both linked in my signature below.

Thanks I will look at those now
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pet-build-pve/

Previous comment is right. Here is a solid place to start...
    There is a setup he gives with mostly crafted gear. Easy to get going on it but obviously the rotation will take quite a while to master.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    What server are you on? If EU PC whisper me in game I will help you with your gear - same name as forum.
    Edited by elfantasmo on November 29, 2017 10:44PM
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    elfantasmo wrote: »
    What server are you on? If EU PC whisper me in game I will help you with your gear - same name as forum.

ill do this tomorrow, I am EU, thanks