The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clockwork furnishing recipies drop rate EU PC server

• mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nicky33 wrote: »
    You get the fish every time, it costs 20 gold. To earn 70k you have to spend about 29 hours of gameplay. But its guaranteed.
    To find a clockworck recipie you could spend time from 30 seconds to infinity.
    Personally for me this is better odds and much more entartaining than fishing or going through the same dungeon 100 times. So its about approach to the game, not that one is better than another.

And once again: I have no problems with drop rate. I dont like how rapidly it changes without ANY announcement (if you read it in the news section, there us not a single word about clockwork recepies).

Obviously what is rare costs more on the market. What is wrong is the fact that there's no way to farm them outside of just praying to the RNG gods. Why would I want to give good 700K to that one sod that got lucky, just because he got lucky? The player did not utilize skill, nor was he specifically trying to get that item. He just herpa-derped upon it. And if the only way to get an item is to herpa-derp upon it, I absolutely support more ways to get them.
    Clockwork City was released a month+ ago, cant say that this is "a minute it is available". For all that tome Clockwork recepies were only increasing in price. And Morrowind recepies are still higly valued, btw. So there were no any signs of rapid drop in price.
    All events that you mentioned are known long upfront. This one is missing duly description even after it has started - not a single word about clockwork drops.

Sometimes people hold on to items for years thinking that they will only increase in price, only for the items to be made available in game. Stock market crashes also come without any warning. The developers don't owe you any warning in advance about drop rate change. In case this is your first MMO, welcome to MMOs!
    Okay, lets give away anything for free then. And everyone will be happy, right? Maybe besides theese, who has spent lots of time for farming and now their efforts mean nothing..

There are items for casual players and items, awarded to those, who dedicate more time to the game. This seems fair, no?

How do you farm furniture recipes again?
    And what makes you think that housing should not be casual? If it was not meant for casuals it would be only on Vet raid drop-table, or rewarded for top 100 places in PVP.
    zyk wrote: »
    That's simply not true. This game is constantly rewarding players with items. It's not realistic to expect any player to collect everything, much less loot it themselves. The idea is that you obtain some items you enjoy as loot and trade for others.

1 green per 2 weeks sound good to you? Even blues and greens for furniture recipes are rare. IT took me a while to get to CP 170 and I have a couple of alts at level 20. Through out the whole time of playing I'm yet to see a single purple furniture recipe of any kind. There's "you must rely on others to collect absolutely everything" and there's "you're never getting this in the lifespan of the game".
    Edited by mirta000b16_ESO on December 1, 2017 12:05PM
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    The drop rate simply makes it inaccessible for the majority of players.
    That's simply not true. This game is constantly rewarding players with items. It's not realistic to expect any player to collect everything, much less loot it themselves. The idea is that you obtain some items you enjoy as loot and trade for others.

I have to disagree. I'm not saying everyone has to collect these extremely rare items. But like I said, we're talking about recipes of which only a handful have been looted server-wide. Even if all of them were learned by others, there's basically no access to them by most players. Yes, you can find a crafter who miraculously learned that purple clockwork furniture recipe. Or you can find the crafted furniture in guild stores for smaller fortunes. These are all outside the comfort zone of a casual player, as they'd never spend 90% of their gold on a simple furniture piece, or a motif page. They may come across a rare recipe if they're extremely lucky, and that's it. They wouldn't spend days farming to at least afford something of similar value.

PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped one in >Cyrodil thursday night

not really in need for that mechanical stuff
    but anyway, that was more then I ever got in CWC, LoL
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The CWC furniture droprate and corresponding prices were ridiculous. This sounds like a good thing to me.

Maybe they were too rare. Maybe it would be better if all furnishing recepies would cost 100 gold and drop like lockpicks. I dont care and this topic is not abot this.
    The question is why to change drop rate in a moment. Wht not to increase it step by step? That what I'm talking about.
    They are in the loot table for this event, not sure why I assumed it was just crown store items but got undaunted keys and transmute crystals.

Still drop rate might change at any time, during the anniversary all the motifs dropped, including the rarest ones.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, at least they didn't sell them in the crown store like the buoyant armature motif that many of us farmed relentlessly...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Hey, at least they didn't sell them in the crown store like the buoyant armature motif that many of us farmed relentlessly...

But you can buy the crafted items in the crown store without having to spend fruitless hours farming a recipe that has a poor drop rate.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have spent nearly every day in CWC, killing 100s of factotums and farming containers on 4 different characters.

I got one green CWC recipe the first day before the nerf. Since the nerf, I got maybe 2 other greens and maybe one blue ( I forget), but no purple.

The gold prices for the few that have been found are rediculous and people are not going to spend $300 in the crown store to furnish a house. There are many of us that will not buy the CWC house if these recipes remain ultra rare and ultra expensive.

So they will lose out on selling the CWC house and probably on a few furniture items people would buy to finish off a house once the have it mostly done but need one or two more things.

The drop rates on the CWC and Morrowind recipes have caused people to lose interest in housing and in those two DLCS. Making these more readily available is a good thing.

Its still a lot of work. It took a friend and I 6 hours to run 13 characters through random normal dailies last night. I got one purple recipe out of 13 boxes. That's hardly "dropping like rain" but at least there is a modicum of hope to get some of them
    Edited by Katahdin on December 1, 2017 2:54PM
    Beta tester November 2013