The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Question - group games

hailtomichigan
hailtomichigan
Soul Shriven
I’m just starting out and had some questions.
1. How well dose group level mix in this game?
Example: I’m level 5 and the other person is level 50. Will I be to under-powered to do anything while they do all the work?

2. I start a game with a friend, if I play ahead completing quests they didn’t. Can I go back and complete the quest again with them or is it better to have one character when playing with my friend and another character for playing ahead.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Basicaly you will be weaker than them, its because of lack of abilities and passives, but even with light/heavy attacks you should be able to kill some stuff, so you wont be totaly useles. All you need are few skills to kill stuff and there you go :)
    2. Im not sure how does it work now as I havent done qests in group for years but If Im not wrong, you should be able to help your friends even without active quest, you wont see objectives and sucha but you will see mobs to do some pew pew.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Last November, there was a patch named "One Tamriel", with the intent purpose to make exactly what you're asking for work properly: having players of different levels play together, without one being completely outlevelled. That's done by "scaling" everything to CP160 figures. So at level 5, your basic stats like health, stamina, magicka, weapon and spell damage, are increased very considerably. You can easily tag along with your level 50 friend and do - provided you both know the basics - quite good damage.

2. You can generally do quests only once. But you can indeed be grouped with a friend, having only one of you be on a quest. Like Mayrael said, that will have the potential problem/disadvantage though that certain NPCs are only visible to players who are doing the quest. At some point you might even become invisible for each other in certain areas. That means you're being put in separate instances of the quest region, because the things going on in there are too different for the both of you.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • hailtomichigan
    hailtomichigan
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for the answers.