The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Magicka Nightblade + Vampire = A Must For PVP?

Khaeon
Khaeon
✭✭✭
I see a lot of people using Vampire on their Magicka Nightblades in PVP.

Is it a must or a preference. On a race such as Dumner lets say with the passives to help with flame damage, is it enough or do the cons out weigh the pros on this?

Thanks in advance.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much.

Any kind of Meta build these days requires Vampire.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Pretty much.

Why?? And would this apply to stamblade as well?
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is not “required” for any build and you’re not forced to be a vampire under any circumstances. Anyone that says it is just flat out doesn’t know what they’re talking about. It helps, but it’s not the massive game-changer that people hype it up to be.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak speed is really handy for stealthy gameplay.
    You also get a little bit more sustain and can sometimes clutch out of an execution with the Undeath passive. Nightblades are agile, so you typically can evade your hard counter, magDKs, completely.
    I want to personally add that I can maneuver out of 90% of all lethal situations with Mist plus Cloak.

The passives apply to stamblade just as well.
    There was a recent discussion how useful Mist on a stam character is to counter your hardest counter, Soul Assault. The discussion is still open, and I doubt we're gonna reach a conclusion. xD I would personally say that if you can reserve a skill slot and a bit magicka for an emergency Mist, it can occasionally save your life.

Batswarm mostly sees use on tanks, very rarely on damage dealers. Drain is a solid CC, but Fear is much, much better.

Also, vampires are sexy.
    >;3
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a Nightblade, Vampire is really great cuz of the sneak speed bonus from Dark Stalker
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaeon wrote: »
    I see a lot of people using Vampire on their Magicka Nightblades in PVP.

Is it a must or a preference. On a race such as Dumner lets say with the passives to help with flame damage, is it enough or do the cons out weigh the pros on this?

Thanks in advance.

I'm a pretty good Magicka Nightblade I'd like to believe. I Have used Vampyrism in the past, but i believe i perform better without it.

Here's a little preview of my performance without Vampyrism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68p8jKzY72E
  • Khaeon
    Khaeon
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a little preview of my performance without Vampyrism:

Getting attacked by 2 guys and you still stopped to Tbag another LOL
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense, but your video about curb stomping my Faction at our home keep single handed made me a little ill.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A must? No, but damn fun!

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Khaeon
    Khaeon
    ✭✭✭
    What about the fire damage? Do you all play Dumner and if so does the fire resist passive totally make up for it?
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vamp gives a resource regeneration bonus to STAMINA and MAGICKA

• kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting attacked by 2 guys and you still stopped to Tbag another LOL

Indeed, I was having so much fun picking out small groups of people and giving them hell that day! This was recorded on Xbox shortly after the release of Morrowind, I swapped to PC in September though. :)
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense, but your video about curb stomping my Faction at our home keep single handed made me a little ill.

This made me laugh, but I have seen alot of people throw themselves at impossible battles against the EP on Xbox, and they just keep doing it over and over again. So it goes both ways!

*invisible magblade laughing*
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the fire damage? Do you all play Dumner and if so does the fire resist passive totally make up for it?

Ok, so i did a little looking for you. It would seem Dumner's get a 2079 Flame Resistance racial passive. Assuming the math is the same as calculating physical/spell resist, that would be ~3% flame damage mitigation.

*I don't know if this is calculated separately from Spell Penetration VS Spell Resistance or not.

Overall i would say being an Argonian would be more beneficial to a Magicka Nightblade even with Vampyrism, let me explain why!

Argonian's get 5% extra healing done, and 5% extra healing received. When healing yourself, that's 10% more healing!
    -Stack that with Swallow Soul as your primary DPS ability, and now you have another 8% healing received.
    -Every "Siphoning" tree ability slotted gives 3% extra healing done, I normally run with 2. 6% more healing done!
    -Both damage and healing are effected by "Critical Damage", so keep your crit rate high. In the video I linked earlier I had a 65% crit chance with 83% crit damage. So when I critically healed or critically damaged it had 183% effectiveness, before calculating my opponents impen bonus.

So with that in mind, when I critical hit both my damage and my healing, I can get some pretty massive heals! I have seen heals as high as 7.4K in PVE, which is halved in PVP. Still though, 7.4K Healing per second off of my direct damage spammable? I think so.

• Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    For magicka, no. Magicka NB can chain dark cloak. Stamina nightblade needs the sneak speed more.
    Aside from sneak speed, you get magicka regen and some +/- damage adjustments. That is a personal choice for you.
    So no, I don't think Magicka Nightblade needs to be a vampire at all.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a must but a nice to have. I like it did the sneak passive, mostly.

As for meta, that is min maxing and one small aspect of a meta does not make a huge difference. If you didn't the fire damage aspect a little to much then it would be better to not be a vamp.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a must, I do rather well without it. Also Dunmer fire resist is only 3%
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " I used to be a vampire like most. then I took a dawnbraker to the face." - The Cavalry
    " Then Vampire I was no longer" - Also The Cavalry
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much.

Why?? And would this apply to stamblade as well?

My buddy runs vamp on his stamblade and it's awesome to watch. An eternal hunt roll to a cloak into full speed stealth run he's kite so far no one can find him and he's picking off someone else or coming back from a different dirrection
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Nightblade is a must for a Vampire - nothing tastes so good!
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson