Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Issues/Improvements

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
Hello, I wanted to place a few suggestions here for improvements to the crafting system since I wasn't able to find a place to offer such suggestions:
  • Make the Improvement Quality dialog a single range. I.E. For improving a white item, once you move the selection to the right for 100% to make green, allow the selection to continue going to allow for blue, and once you hit 100% blue, allow it to go to purple, then to gold all the way up to 100% gold. HUGE improvement for people like me who make 100+ master writs at a time.
  • Alphabetize the style materials. I know they are sorted in order of release, but I think alphabetical makes much more sense in THAT particular dialog.
  • Alphabetize the traits as well. This just occurred to me, but if the styles are then it makes sense the traits are too
  • Leave the material option where it was last time the station was used. I know it is IF you go from one wood station to another wood station, but if you do blacksmithing or clothing between those then the woodworking resets ***THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE A BUG***
  • Add an option in the Improvement and Deconstruct sections similar to the "Creation" menu for the option to "Hide Bank Items" to go one step further in filtering locked items and just showing items you are currently working on
  • If the traits are alphabetized above, then it makes sense the Research screen should be too... but it doesn't nearly make as much sense as the Traits menu being alphabetized

This is just an idea for all of these, it'd make things easier for me but obviously it's not just about me from a development perspective. I'm hoping people agree with the suggestions or even a portion of them for the sake of crafting system improvement. Hope this helps, and looking forward to seeing some of this in the future perhaps!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgruberman wrote: »
    [*] Make the Improvement Quality dialog a single range. I.E. For improving a white item, once you move the selection to the right for 100% to make green, allow the selection to continue going to allow for blue, and once you hit 100% blue, allow it to go to purple, then to gold all the way up to 100% gold. HUGE improvement for people like me who make 100+ master writs at a time.

This is a no-brainer suggestion, and one I wholly support. However there would have to be some sort of fail-safe built in to prevent lag, happy fingers, etc from causing someone who wanted to stop at 100% purple accidentally putting 1 gold temper on there and losing the whole shebang due to a failed 13% legendary improvement chance.

[*] Leave the material option where it was last time the station was used. I know it is IF you go from one wood station to another wood station, but if you do blacksmithing or clothing between those then the woodworking resets ***THIS MAY ACTUALLY BE A BUG***

They were able to update the guild trader search to save your search preferences, I don't think the crafting tables are much different, yet they've been a hot mess in more than one form. Not only does it not save the material level you're working on between stations, but if you toggle the amount of material used (to increase/decrease item level), that number and corresponding item level jumps around when crafting different armor/weapon pieces at the same station in the same interaction event! I've accidentally moved the material amount tab when trying to cycle up to rubedite for writs. Craft a CP150 piece a., then select the next item (without touching any other menu) and craft a CP160 piece b. Yeah, it's partially my fault for being in a hurry and not paying attention, but why would the item level automatically change just because I crafted a different item?

TL;DR - Yes, they need to fix this, and it shouldn't even be difficult.

[*] Add an option in the Improvement and Deconstruct sections similar to the "Creation" menu for the option to "Hide Bank Items" to go one step further in filtering locked items and just showing items you are currently working on
    perhaps

This should just be a gameplay option toggle. "Show bank inventory at crafting stations" - On/Off
    Done. End of story.

I like your suggestions. The alphabetical thing is... "meh" to me. I've basically memorized how many taps of the D-pad (not D-bag) I need to make to get to my preferred style/trait, and going to alphabetical would set me back about 3 months until I acclimated to the new system. Would it be a game breaker? No. But it's also not a game changer for me one way or another. Not saying it wouldn't have its merits for other players though.

Edited by Feric51 on November 29, 2017 9:10PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    This is a no-brainer suggestion, and one I wholly support. However there would have to be some sort of fail-safe built in to prevent lag, happy fingers, etc from causing someone who wanted to stop at 100% purple accidentally putting 1 gold temper on there and losing the whole shebang due to a failed 13% legendary improvement chance.

Great insight to this. Perhaps have to press D-Pad UP or DOWN to toggle to quality level, and retain the D-Pad LEFT and RIGHT for changing the improvement chances.
    Edited by Texecutioner187 on November 29, 2017 11:25PM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG YES to all of the points.

I would add one more thing - mouse wheel scrolling in the trait/style list.