Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pirate skeleton/Turn Undead

Lord_Etrigan
Lord_Etrigan
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,

Need some advice here.

Food: Tri-stats

I have a mag duel wield/reso pvp sorc and have been looking at a combo of the following:
Pirate skeleton

(1 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
(1 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
(2 items) When you take damage, you have a 6% chance to transform into a skeleton and gain Major Protection and Minor Defile for 12 seconds, reducing your damage taken by 30% but reducing your healing received by 15%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Turn Undead

Brand the earth at your location with a rune of protection for 24 seconds. You and Allies in the target area gain Minor Protection and Minor Endurance, reducing damage taken by 8% and increasing Stamina Recovery by 10%.|Upon activation, Daedra, Undead and Werewolves in the target area have fear instilled for 5 seconds.

That’s 38% reduces damage received, has this been tested and how viable will it be in today’s PVP environment.

Any advice is welcomed
PS4 EU
Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Havent tested it with turn undead but Pirate Skeleton/ Wizard Riposte set.

Wizard's Riposte Set

(5 items) When you take Critical Damage, you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%

Nice Lifesaver.

Edited by TarrNokk on November 29, 2017 9:44AM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not how mitigation is calculated, otherwise all you'd have to do is stack max resists, Major protection and Reactive to become immune to all damage.

You can check this thread if you want more details about mitigation.

As for Turn Undead, while the effects aren't bad, the cost is absolutely prohibitive, and its radius is pretty terrible in an environment where staying on the move is mandatory. Even more so since you mention you are playing a mag sorc.

Pirate Skeleton remains a very potent mitigation tool which can (and will) save your life quite a few times. Do note that it comes with a bug that will interrupt any action you take when it activates, unless you have the Skeleton polymorph active at all times.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I much prefer bloodspawn and good resto-ult uptime than pirate skelly.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    This is not how mitigation is calculated, otherwise all you'd have to do is stack max resists, Major protection and Reactive to become immune to all damage.

As for Turn Undead, while the effects aren't bad, the cost is absolutely prohibitive, and its radius is pretty terrible in an environment where staying on the move is mandatory. Even more so since you mention you are playing a mag sorc.

Pirate Skeleton remains a very potent mitigation tool which can (and will) save your life quite a few times. Do note that it comes with a bug that will interrupt any action you take when it activates, unless you have the Skeleton polymorph active at all times.

Thank you, very interesting read but must admit some things went over my head lol.
    Looks like its back to the drawing board for me.
    PS4 EU
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

I am currently use the blood spawn resto combo. I also sometimes swap my blood spawn for slime claw for the increased damage.

I must confess that the slime claw/blood spawn bugs me sometimes because I’m trying to figure out best build.

1. Do I want extra damage? Or do I go with more resistance and faster ulti regen.
    2. I’m using soul assault so the slime claw increases damage for that as well as frags, fury and curse but blood spawn will give me more ulti uptime.
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am currently use the blood spawn resto combo. I also sometimes swap my blood spawn for slime claw for the increased damage.

I must confess that the slime claw/blood spawn bugs me sometimes because I’m trying to figure out best build.

1. Do I want extra damage? Or do I go with more resistance and faster ulti regen.
    2. I’m using soul assault so the slime claw increases damage for that as well as frags, fury and curse but blood spawn will give me more ulti uptime.

Use combat prayer for your heal - then you don't need slimecraw :-) Its enough with surge and regular resto ulti's.
    Edited by Biro123 on November 29, 2017 1:38PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

Yeah, on a mag sorc, you will have no stamina left for CC breaking if you use turn undead.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭

Use combat prayer for your heal - then you don't need slimecraw :-) Its enough with surge and regular resto ulti's.

Thanks, never thought of that
    Edited by Lord_Etrigan on November 29, 2017 4:15PM
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!