The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loading after loading screen.

Solohope
Solohope
✭✭✭
IDK if others have this issue or not, but after I log in with a character or change zone or pretty much whenever I go through a loading screen there is a 30 sec - 2 min period in which my character model isn't there, the other players are just this black character base, the textures are really low rez even though I play the game on high settings and some of the in map items are missing such as stair cases and book shelves and what not. I don't know if this is supposed to be happening or if something's just wrong. Thanks for the help!
PC NA - @Solohope
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that was part of the improvements to loading screen times. Rather than loading everything behind the loading screen, it now drops the loading screen and loads the last textures while you're playing if the loading screen has been there too long. Sounds like in this case though it might be dropping the loading screen too early, if things like staircases are still missing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I believe that was part of the improvements to loading screen times. Rather than loading everything behind the loading screen, it now drops the loading screen and loads the last textures while you're playing if the loading screen has been there too long. Sounds like in this case though it might be dropping the loading screen too early, if things like staircases are still missing.

Thanks for the reply!
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every time when I'm going to master crafter merchant in Mornhold I can see the second loading screen. I'm appearing near wayshrine, running to the merchant, opening his store interface and then there is a short loading screen (3-5 secs). After that the store is closed and I'm just standing near the merchant as if I didn't talk to him.
    Also I see low-resolution textures, black player models, can't see the most part of environment sometimes right after arriving in capitals and other places with a lot of players.
    I think that it is definitely depends on HDD speed. The game can't load all the data as quick as needed (during the loading screen), so this data is loaded asynchronously when the player is already in the game.
    Also every time when the game is stuttering, I see that my HDD usage percent is going up. I suspect that it's because 8GB RAM is not enough or my HDD speed is low. Seems like the game is using Windows page file in these moments and it leads to stuttering.
    By the way, tomorrow I will do upgrade. I'll add another 8GB RAM and SSD. So, I'll check how the game runs with 16 GB RAM first, and then I'll install it on SSD and check it again.
    UPDATE: nope, seems like 8 GB RAM is pretty enough. I've checked disk usage in Windows System monitor. The game doesn't read pagefile.sys at all. The most disk usage is made by reading many of *.dat-files in /depot folder of game folder. So, I think that all that stuttering and additional loading screens are because of the low reading speed of game data. Maybe SSD could help with that.

Well, I've added 8 GB RAM (so now I've got 16 GB) and SSD (Windows is installed at SSD, the game is at HDD).
    And now there's no stuttring at all. Two days of testing and I didn't notice any stuttering. Also no low-res textures anymore.
    Some items and NPC models are still invisible for 15-30 secs right after me arriving in the new zone though. And there was a second loading screen two times. First it was in Wayrest when I was riding a horse fast from the wayshrine to another side of the city. And second was in Mornhold, and it was a neverending loading screen bug.
    Edited by Ermiq on December 3, 2017 2:05AM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    Almost every time when I'm going to master crafter merchant in Mornhold I can see the second loading screen. I'm appearing near wayshrine, running to the merchant, opening his store interface and then there is a short loading screen (3-5 secs). After that the store is closed and I'm just standing near the merchant as if I didn't talk to him.
    Also I see low-resolution textures, black player models, can't see the most part of environment sometimes right after arriving in capitals and other places with a lot of players.
    I think that it is definitely depends on HDD speed. The game can't load all the data as quick as needed (during the loading screen), so this data is loaded asynchronously when the player is already in the game.
    Also every time when the game is stuttering, I see that my HDD usage percent is going up. I suspect that it's because 8GB RAM is not enough or my HDD speed is low. Seems like the game is using Windows page file in these moments and it leads to stuttering.
    By the way, tomorrow I will do upgrade. I'll add another 8GB RAM and SSD. So, I'll check how the game runs with 16 GB RAM first, and then I'll install it on SSD and check it again.
    UPDATE: nope, seems like 8 GB RAM is pretty enough. I've checked disk usage in Windows System monitor. The game doesn't read pagefile.sys at all. The most disk usage is made by reading many of *.dat-files in /depot folder of game folder. So, I think that all that stuttering and additional loading screens are because of the low reading speed of game data. Maybe SSD could help with that.

Well, I've added 8 GB RAM (so now I've got 16 GB) and SSD (Windows is installed at SSD, the game is at HDD).
    And now there's no stuttring at all. Two days of testing and I didn't notice any stuttering. Also no low-res textures anymore.
    Some items and NPC models are still invisible for 15-30 secs right after me arriving in the new zone though. And there was a second loading screen two times. First it was in Wayrest when I was riding a horse fast from the wayshrine to another side of the city. And second was in Mornhold, and it was a neverending loading screen bug.

KK thanks for the reply. I learned that it's because I have a crappy HDD.
    PC NA - @Solohope