Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp Templar. Magica or stamina?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VonNelson wrote: »
    @geonsocal I’ve only got the one for cyrodil atm. I’ve a stamblade , a warden and a couple of dragonknights I might consider for cyrodil in the future but they’re all low levels atm. I’ve not reached cp max yet so I want to do that before I start levelling any more alts although I’ve got serious plans for my khajiit. Any character class that can do 50k of damage at lvl 12 has seriously got my attention!!

Unfortunately I’ve still a lot of tweaking to do on my stamplar. Not sure if I’m doing any more damage with this version than the magica version but I will get there. Like you said I need to experiment and see what clicks for me. I’m usually running round by myself so need to be effective

well @VonNelson , it most certainly sounds like you have a good plan and are on your way :)

the solo route, particularly when you're just starting out can definitely be a little tougher...just a lot of small features more experienced players can help you out with...

fortunately though - you are tuned in here to the forums, so, you'll be able to research and ask questions regarding things you see or experience in cyrodiil that you may have questions on...

more importantly though with playing solo - you can go at your own pace, and, won't have to be subjected to other peoples crappy music or wheezing voices in your ear :p

is your khajiit the stamblade or stam warden?

one suggestion i would have, which was something which took me a while to figure out (way too long) - if you are not already utilizing potions (which i never did in pve), once you start collecting AP, you may want to visit the siege merchant to stock up on the potions which they sell...

the spell and battle draught are great - but, that health draught can definitely be the difference between life and death on many occasions:
    ALLIANCE HEALTH DRAUGHT
    LEVEL 1-CP160
    Restore 262-7698 Health immediately.
    Grants Major Fortitude which increases your Health Regeneration by 20% for 8-34.9 seconds.
    Become immune to knockback and disabling effects for 1.6-12.6 seconds.
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2017 7:16PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Probably to buff jabs or exploit off balance but could be trolling

Last one... with Ancient knowledge passive

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a good number of posters here have a much better understanding of the math and mechanics behind the combat system...other than enemy health bars, and my own ability bar - i don't use any other combat indicators - i prefer a cleaner, more visually appealing ui...

trail and error, experience help to narrow the gap a little for us with somewhat less structured minds :)

Ancient Knowledge
    With Destruction Staff ability equipped:
    Gain bonus effects based on your staff type.
    Flame Staff increases your damage done with single target abilities by 8%
    Lightning Staff increases your damage done with area of effect abilities by 8%
    Frost Staff reduces the cost of blocking by 30% and increases the amount of damage you block by 20%

i almost wished i did use a destro ability on that bar (was using eye of storm for a while but replaced it with dawnbreaker) - the destruction staff has some really useful passives...

to be honest - i'm not sure why i chose to go SnB and destro/lightening on this character when i first created them...it was a couple of years ago now :#

at the time though - i remember i still had the naive notion that a hybrid character could work in pvp...yeah, i know better now...

although i'm suited and booted (heavy health armor and SnB) for standing on the front zerg lines or going 1v1 - truth is - because i prefer zerg play to small scale i tend to hang around bigger battles - the ranged templar abilities, although gimped by being a stamina focused character, along with the lightening stave work great in those situations...

i love siege situations...if i notice someone's health starting to go low - chances are very good that the under performing jesus beam, that may only hitting for 4 to 6k, will be the final thing on your death recap (along with some flaming oils probably)...

a large amount of the fights i'm involved with are numerous players spread out over a fair distance...sure, for a stamplar a bow would work much better, but, at this point, for this character - i'm pretty well determined to make the lightening staff work...

plus, my stam sorc, stam warden, stam dk and stamblade already use the bow (great weapon)...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2017 6:44PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a good number of posters here have a much better understanding of the math and mechanics behind the combat system...other than enemy health bars, and my own ability bar - i don't use any other combat indicators - i prefer a cleaner, more visually appealing ui...

trail and error, experience help to narrow the gap a little for us with somewhat less structured minds :)

Ancient Knowledge
    Frost Staff reduces the cost of blocking by 30% and increases the amount of damage you block by 20%

i almost wished i did use a destro ability on that bar (was using eye of storm for a while but replaced it with dawnbreaker) - the destruction staff has some really useful passives...

to be honest - i'm not sure why i chose to go SnB and destro/lightening on this character when i first created them...it was a couple of years ago now :#

at the time though - i remember i still had the naive notion that a hybrid character could work in pvp...yeah, i know better now...

although i'm suited and booted (heavy health armor and SnB) for standing on the front zerg lines or going 1v1 - truth is - because i prefer zerg play to small scale i tend to hang around bigger battles - the ranged templar abilities, although gimped by being a stamina focused character, along with the lightening stave work great in those situations...

i love siege situations...if i notice someone's health starting to go low - chances are very good that the under performing jesus beam, that may only hitting for 4 to 6k, will be the final thing on your death recap (along with some flaming oils probably)...

a large amount of the fights i'm involved with are numerous players spread out over a fair distance...sure, for a stamplar a bow would work much better, but, at this point, for this character - i'm pretty well determined to make the lightening staff work...

plus, my stam sorc, stam warden, stam dk and stamblade already use the bow (great weapon)...

Hybrid builds can be pretty beastly now. Especially the stam players with big shields on the back bar.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

Ancient Knowledge

Hybrid builds can be pretty beastly now. Especially the stam players with big shields on the back bar.

definitely seemed for a long while the approved solution was drop 64 points in to one of the attributes and try balance the rest with set bonuses, glyphs, mundus, and food/drink...

seems all my "stam" are able to utilize a bit of magic for support, or, in a rare case like my stamplar - a small bit of offense...

finally gave up on trying to get my stam sorc to use some magicka offense...that build failure still stings...

to date though, none of my magicka characters are able to use anything with a stamina cost other than running, dodging, blocking or breaking free...

no doubt there are folks out there sharp enough to play a hybrid - man, zos hasn't made it easy though...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2017 10:12PM
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    @geonsocal heavy attack with lightning staff is pretty sweet compared to bow. Sounds like an odd set up for stam but as long as you get results.

My khajiit is the Nightblade. Want to develop a really sneaky bow build for cyrodil. My warden is Redguard. That’s got to be a stamden now. I’ve seen so many posts about them!

As far as zergs go I’m not much of a one for following the crowd. Don’t get me wrong I love to pile in when it’s hectic but I like guerilla tactics more.