Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Issue Spending Money On Crates, But I Better Get What I Want

KhajiitHasSkooma
KhajiitHasSkooma
✭✭✭
My biggest issue with the Crates is those 3 mounts a season that are hidden entirely behind RNG. I have no issue spending money on these, but I better be able get what I want without having to spend thousands. Couple hundred, fine. Thousands, nope. Actually, the more I have to spend, the less likely I am to buy the next season. And even less the season after that. Get rid of the super RNG mounts ZOS.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Couple hundred, fine.

If you think $200 for a digital mount reskin is good value for money... Talos help you.
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, turns out different people value things differently. That's not the focus of my post, nor the issue. All items in crown crates should be available via crown gems. Hiding few mounts completely behind RNG is the bit I want done away with. The RNG on them is way too much. If ZOS want to still make them feel exclusive, they should charge significantly more crown gems for getting those mounts directly than other apex mounts. ZOS continue hide the most cool looking mounts like this. Because there's no direct way to get them, I continue not getting them. This is a good way to get someone to stop bothering with the crates. I'm no whale, but I am certain there are quite a few people in my situation that ZOS is losing sales because of this RNG and no way to get the mounts we actually want.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over 3k gems here. I hear ya
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, turns out different people value things differently.

It's not about personal value, it's about market value. Personal value matters when something is priceless. Market value matters when someone is trying to charge you significantly more for an item than it is commonly sold at. $200 for a digital mount is not a good value for money, regardless of how much you like the look of it, and regardless of how much spare cash you have. You might still want to buy it begrudgingly, but it would take a mad man to be happy to pay for something this expensive and in this "lucky dip" manner, especially when ZOS has a pefectly acceptable alternative for selling items directly and at (mostly) fair prices on the Crown Store. They're giving you the finger and hoping you like it enough to pay them hundreds for it.
    Edited by Darkstorne on November 28, 2017 5:26PM
  • KhajiitHasSkooma
    KhajiitHasSkooma
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with you overall, but again, not the focus of this post.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    y'all need to stop buying them if you want them to stop selling them. Like, I get the mount collector's addiction, I really do. I dropped a grand on a WoW mount back in the day. But even I'm not dumb enough to drop money on random crates that MIGHT have a mount in them. You can spend 30 grand on those crates and have no guarantee of getting those mounts.

So stop buying them. Starve the beast.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alchemical wrote: »
    y'all need to stop buying them if you want them to stop selling them. Like, I get the mount collector's addiction, I really do. I dropped a grand on a WoW mount back in the day. But even I'm not dumb enough to drop money on random crates that MIGHT have a mount in them. You can spend 30 grand on those crates and have no guarantee of getting those mounts.

So stop buying them. Starve the beast.

Ain't nobody starving at Zenimax, with or without loot boxes.

Some bonuses might drop from 7 figures to 6...