The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please put maintenance back at the correct time.

DarkLylith
DarkLylith
✭✭✭
Maintenance is usally done Monday nights in Aus, and the same night I can watch the new episode of walking dead, so all good. But now your doing it on tuesday instead! I have already watched the walking dead, so now i have to spend my tuesday night bored. Seriously nothing on T.V, have watched every movie that is already in the house. Can't go out becuase i got small children who will be in bed. House is already clean! Not to mention FFXIV server is coming down tonight for maintenance. Going to be one boring night.
  • Erai_sedai
    Erai_sedai
    ✭✭✭
    Just play skyrim for one night. It's night's like these I usually play Diablo or heroes of the storm just for a bit of mindless fun
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are all you Aussies coming to the forum outraged now? :D

Now you know how the rest of the world feels when maintenance is an inconvenience lmao
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    thank you, now we know the reason why the maintenance shifted to tuesday: The Walking Dead on mondays
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assure you, ZOS isn't out to explicitly get or inconvenience the Aussies. Nor is this the new time. It's a one-time thing, likely because they needed Monday for last-minute finalizing due to the holiday last week.

You want to talk about inconvenient times, though? They're in the office starting this at 4 am. You know, while their kids (and most people) are still sleeping? And while the server's doing what it's doing, they're probably incredibly bored, too. But you don't see them creating threads to moan and groan about it, do you?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well it already moved form 4 to 5... but 5 is better time for maintenance than 4 so thats all good.

The day is mostly irrelvent for me.. Monday is actually the worst day for maintenance for me :/ I don't do anything on monday nights.

I don't watch T.V, but I have other games to play.
    Edited by Narvuntien on November 28, 2017 5:55AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I assure you, ZOS isn't out to explicitly get or inconvenience the Aussies. Nor is this the new time. It's a one-time thing, likely because they needed Monday for last-minute finalizing due to the holiday last week.

You want to talk about inconvenient times, though? They're in the office starting this at 4 am. You know, while their kids (and most people) are still sleeping? And while the server's doing what it's doing, they're probably incredibly bored, too. But you don't see them creating threads to moan and groan about it, do you?

Given how often they're running it, its probably done remotely and new updates are automatically deployed. With a few people on call just in case.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »

Now you know how the rest of the world feels when maintenance is an inconvenience lmao

You do realize maintenance for Australia even on a Monday is at 6.00+pm, so if you finish work at say 5.30pm we miss out playing completely for that night :expressionless:
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Exactly. I don’t envy having to get up at 4am.

• Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erai_sedai wrote: »
    Just play skyrim for one night. It's night's like these I usually play Diablo or heroes of the storm just for a bit of mindless fun

why do ppl say this.....

Skyrim is how old? - in relation to graphics etc..... 5 years old.....

why would I play skyrim when I bought and paid for ESO?

EDIT: oh - and I played it out to the end many times when I was playing it....
    Edited by Imza on November 28, 2017 6:53AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kharret wrote: »
    thank you, now we know the reason why the maintenance shifted to tuesday: The Walking Dead on mondays

It was Wednesday last week, now this week Tuesday xD I prefer it any day but Monday really xD (but I accept the World does not revolve around me xD )
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DarkLylith wrote: »
    Maintenance is usally done Monday nights in Aus, and the same night I can watch the new episode of walking dead, so all good. But now your doing it on tuesday instead! I have already watched the walking dead, so now i have to spend my tuesday night bored. Seriously nothing on T.V, have watched every movie that is already in the house. Can't go out becuase i got small children who will be in bed. House is already clean! Not to mention FFXIV server is coming down tonight for maintenance. Going to be one boring night.

It's being done on Tuesday because Monday was considered part of the Thanksgiving long weekend. Suck it up buttercup.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    It's being done on Tuesday because Monday was considered part of the Thanksgiving long weekend. Suck it up buttercup.

Yup - most people forget the US is actually the centre of the known world :)

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sru wrote: »

Yup - most people forget the US is actually the centre of the known world :)

Well considering the ZOS office is in the US we have to deal with their time frame.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »

im aussie. dont care
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a well-known fact that all they do is eat danishes during maintenance while their boss isn’t looking.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what happens if someone else always watches a show on Tuesdays, and Monday they're bored? Then we seem to have a conflict between which day is best for two individuals. :scream:

Edit: Also why didn't you just save Walking Dead for tonight? You could have played ESO last night and not been bored and watched Walking Dead tonight.
    Edited by Turelus on November 28, 2017 8:48AM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s a well-known fact that all they do is eat danishes during maintenance while their boss isn’t looking.

:D:D
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today is the second wave of morrowind mount deliveries for those that missed it or bought morrowind during black friday event.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    Today is the second wave of morrowind mount deliveries for those that missed it or bought morrowind during black friday event.

I've been hoping it's something along these lines.

The Wednesday one last week was fairly long wasn't it? I think there's a pretty decent chance this will be a quickie. Fingers crossed.
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

It was Wednesday last week, now this week Tuesday xD I prefer it any day but Monday really xD (but I accept the World does not revolve around me xD )

Well technically it was Wednesday last week (BEFORE the break) and now it's Monday (JUST AFTER break) so my assumption was these weren't meant to be 2 big weeklies. They got a lot done Wednesday night and this is just a cleanup after a lot of staff have been afk. I hope.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Isn't summer coming to Australia right now? Go outside and play :)
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

You don't understand. No one wants to go out into the Aussie summer. You burn to death if you do.
  • DarkLylith
    DarkLylith
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    But what happens if someone else always watches a show on Tuesdays, and Monday they're bored? Then we seem to have a conflict between which day is best for two individuals. :scream:

Edit: Also why didn't you just save Walking Dead for tonight? You could have played ESO last night and not been bored and watched Walking Dead tonight.

Too many spoilers online to not watch asap lol
  • DarkLylith
    DarkLylith
    ✭✭✭

You don't understand. No one wants to go out into the Aussie summer. You burn to death if you do.

No adult go outsides and 'plays' lol maybe to hang the washing on the line or to watch thie kids play. Also downtime is during aussie night time. If I go out now I will get eaten alive by mozzies. :D
    Edited by DarkLylith on November 28, 2017 9:42AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I DOUBT IT. I believe that when it is patch maintenance it is set on a timer to shut down servers and upload the patch. Then people go in maybe a little early, like 6-8am, and do QA and restart servers. When the patch upload failed, and has to be redone manually, is when maintenance goes on way longer.

I don't really know - but it would make the most sense this way.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironically this game is likely more fun than "playing outside" in nearly every possible scenario.

Seriously what is so great about going outside? That somehow I "have" to do it. I mean really I go outside as much as anyone, but there isn't much going on out there.

To say this game is a bigger waste of time than any leisure activities performed "outside" doesn't make any sense. The bigger factor is one's enjoyment, not whether or not that is obtained indoors or "outside".

I can't think of anything I'd want to do less than go hang out in the outback during the Aussie summer.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well technically it was Wednesday last week (BEFORE the break) and now it's Monday (JUST AFTER break) so my assumption was these weren't meant to be 2 big weeklies. They got a lot done Wednesday night and this is just a cleanup after a lot of staff have been afk. I hope.

Tuesday xD lol.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been hoping it's something along these lines.

The Wednesday one last week was fairly long wasn't it? I think there's a pretty decent chance this will be a quickie. Fingers crossed.

Based on the quote from Gina below, this week will also include a patch to fix the loading screens so it likely will take a little longer than last week's maintenance.
    Hey everyone,

We’d like to explain what happened to cause the recent issue with long loading screens, and what we’re doing to make sure it doesn’t happen again. The source of the long loading screens came down to a bug we introduced in the Clockwork City DLC.

So, what was the bug? In Update 16, we added in a new system that refined the character texture loading pipeline as part of our ongoing effort to increase performance and framerate in high-intensity situations (such as in Cyrodiil and densely-populated cities). Unfortunately, this new pipeline was causing some character textures to get lost, which was causing the load screen to never drop because there were still textures that need to be loaded.

While we continue to work on fixing this issue fully, we’re going to be making two changes to an upcoming incremental patch. First, we’re going to be reverting to the old pipeline which doesn’t have this issue, but may affect how quickly you see other characters loading in (this will essentially be the same as it was before Clockwork City). Further, we’re introducing a new failsafe that will force your load screen to drop after two minutes if it is only waiting on textures. This patch is currently with first party certification for testing; the patch for PlayStation 4 and PC/Mac will be published next Tuesday, November 28. The patch for Xbox One requires a bit more time with first party certification, and we’re targeting a publish during the week of December 4.

In the future when we have a more permanent fix, we plan to re-enable the new pipeline because it makes for better game performance, but when we do that, we’ll be adding the equivalent of a switch on our side that we can turn off (to fall back to the old system) if we see these kinds of issues crop up again, rather than make you wait for another patch.

We sincerely apologize for the disruption this has caused, and we will endeavor to make sure that problems like these aren’t introduced in the future when adding new systems or making performance enhancements.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huh cool. Makes me think a lot of the issue is people playing on toasters with tin cans and string for internet....
  • DarkLylith
    DarkLylith
    ✭✭✭
    Huh cool. Makes me think a lot of the issue is people playing on toasters with tin cans and string for internet....

Might as well have string for internet it's that [snip] here haha

[Edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on November 28, 2017 2:32PM