I would like to bring some discussions regarding the incentives alliance and faction points create on players with the actual game mechanics. I used to think like that having players fight on the other side of the map to get their own fights was wrong. Today I understand that as long as we have our home keeps, isolating your group into fights where your faction won't interact is the challenge that some people seek and it's very understandable. They create a great distraction and keep alot of potential players who could be pushing our keeps busy. This play style works for people who have interests in both faction points and alliance points.
On the other end, since the PvP team decided to increase drastically the amount of AP you get for capturing objectives, it created dramatic impacts such as people not having an incentive to ride to defend our back keeps anymore (Dragon, Drake, Brindle) except for very hardcore and score focus players. People would rather just ride there a bit later and capture it back for the large and juicy O Tick (6k) instead of risking to do horse simulator for 2-5mins and die or defend successfully and get a D Tick of 1.5k~.
On top of that, since capturing ressources now earn so many alliance points, some groups have theorycrafted and understood that even if they are not very organized and experienced in PvP, they can simply recruit casual players from zone and capture ressources over and over to compete on the top end of the leaderboard with people who actually spend just as much time in Cyrodiil but actually engaging in real pvp combat while defending, capturing keeps and such.
A great example is something I witnessed 2 campaign cycles ago. I saw a 24 men group who is known to pvdoor objectives capture Bloodmayne. As soon as AD started sieging the keep on the mine side, the full 24men EP group bailed on the opposite side on purpose and repeated the same stratagem on Faregyl. To address this issue, I believe that offensive ticks should be tuned down a bit to create the old incentive that players had to defend keeps. Especially when it's time to ride to Dragon, Drake or Brindle.
On top of that, I believe that having a system that give score points over time for holding objectives instead of every hour would go a long way.
Finally, changing the value of outposts from 1 to 2points, keeps from 1 to 3points and scrolls from 1 to 5points would make more sense in my book.
- Stamdk - AR50Frosted
- Magplar - AR50Frodn
- Magden - AR50Warmed
- Magblade - AR50Mmfrozy
- Magsorc - AR39Necrozn
- Magcro - AR28Twitch.TV/FrozyESO
PvP Group Builds
- Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
- Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
- Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
- Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
- Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
- Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
- Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
- Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
- Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
- Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
- Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
- Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
- Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
- Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
- Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
- Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
- Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
- Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
- Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
- Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
- Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
- Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
- Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
- Introduce dynamic population
- Lower population cap by 20%
- Add Snare Immunity potions
- Bring resurrection sickness
- Fix character desync
- Fix cc breaking bug
- Fix gap closer bug
- Fix health desync
- Fix combat bug
- Fix streak bug
- Fix server lag