Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Current DK Tank builds?

Alexandrious
Alexandrious
✭✭✭
Man everytime I come back, alot changes, and sadly my go to website for builds I can work around, Delita, is, currently sick and had to quit? Or so people said.....

I play a DK Imperial, when I came back noticed hey, im at 260CP, I believe I am using 3 differing sets, One is Pariah, the other is Engine set, forgot the name of the other, gotta log in, but at the time before the Big Tamriel update, its what I used to tank Vet Dungeons in. For now though ima mostly be solo for awhile, until im CP 400+ maybe, I would like to know of any sites or any word of mouth from everyone about what the current DK builds are. Is it Stamina now? Magicka? Do I use werewolf/Vampire with either? CP expenditures? Sets I should be going for? I have over 3M gold atm, so I guess I could buy some stuff if needed. But yea would love to know of some builds.
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently looking at these two builds, and would like some insight on what you all think of em?

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-tank-build-pve/

https://woeler.eu/shredder/
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    No one?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently looking at these two builds, and would like some insight on what you all think of em?

I don't even need to look at these builds, if they are current, they are viable.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

I don't even need to look at these builds, if they are current, they are viable.

But but but, the commentary!? :disappointed:
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    You are going to tank on PVE or PVP ?

Planing to be a Pure tank or dps/tank ?
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    You are going to tank on PVE or PVP ?

Planing to be a Pure tank or dps/tank ?

Both PVE and PVP, PVP eventually though. So need a build to either do both or to change from one or the other as needed. I also plan to be Pure Tank.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pariah is garbage. Good sets:
    Crafted: Torug's Pact, Tava's Blessing, Hist Bark (beginner), even Willow's Path.
    Dropped: Ebon Armory, Akaviri Dragonguard, Plague Doctor, Green Pact
    Monster Sets: Lord Warden, Bloodspawn, 1p Chocklethorn + 1p Shadowrend (for magicka recovery)

Try to combo 1 dropped 1 crafted and have weapons and shields from the crafted ones. Head, Chest, Legs infused, the rest sturdy or divines, shield play enchants on jewels, health ones on armor or tri-stat if you can afford. Try to get about 45-50K health, 12-15K stamina and magicka.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    torugs pact, ebon armory, alkosh, plague doctor, green pact, tavas favor, hist bark. blood spawn or lord warden for monster sets
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Plague + Green Pact still with enough regen to spam buffs and typical tank skills. Monster sets depend on what I'm doing. I keep Ebon around but only use it on DLC vet where DPS tend to disappear if a boss coughs.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Personally run Imperium and Lunar Bastion on my DK Tank without sustain issues. Both sets go a long way in mitigating dps casualties. Running a build someone else created takes away much of the enjoyment from tanking. The best part of tanking is creating unique builds with all of their nuances and flaws and then using said build to whatever end.
    Edited by xRIVALENx on September 18, 2017 5:56PM
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    Personally run Imperium and Lunar Bastion on my DK Tank without sustain issues. Both sets go a long way in mitigating dps casualties. Running a build someone else created takes away much of the enjoyment from tanking. The best part of tanking is creating unique builds with all of their nuances and flaws and then using said build to whatever end.

Would I be able to buy any of the pieces to that Shredder set? Can Imperium/Lunar Bastion be bought or made?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Would I be able to buy any of the pieces to that Shredder set? Can Imperium/Lunar Bastion be bought or made?

You can buy Dragon Guard, Drops in Eastmarch.

Alkosh it's off to Maw of Lorkhaj for you to farm it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Imperium can be found in White Gold Tower and Lunar Bastion can be found in Maw of Lorkhaj.
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    With the block changes , perma blocking is now no a viable option unless you have an Argonian and chug pots like there is no tomorrow. Stack health , use your spell shields and block big attacks . Make sure your stam stat is slightly higher than your mag pool as shards (do t see many of them these days) n orbs return to your largest pool . Also consider using 1 peice chudans n 1 piece pirate if your struggling to hit cap res or haven't got lord wardens .
    As for sets all the 1 s mentioned above are good but alkosh ebon and maybe lunar are not really needed for dungeons (maybe for vet hm dlc) if you run with good group . They come into there own in trials where dps usually are tailored to you using them
    Vamp is good for the mag regen and you prob won't notice the extra fire damage
    Both the sites you mention are very good for reference but play the way you feel comfortable
    All this info is for PvE content as have little experience in PvP tho never had a player kill me in a duel . Then again never going to kill anyone either lol
    Edited by PerArdua on September 20, 2017 12:16PM
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭

Imperium is from icp and lunar from mol so can't be bought or made only farmed

Edited by PerArdua on September 20, 2017 12:18PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperium doesn't really make sense on a DK tank, since the proc chance is rather low and you can cast ingenous shield at will. It's more suitable to non-DK tanks.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Imperium doesn't really make sense on a DK tank, since the proc chance is rather low and you can cast ingenous shield at will. It's more suitable to non-DK tanks.
    10% proc chance too low considering how often you're taking damage? I've never had issue proc'ing this set. Imperium is, and always has been, more for the benefit of the group, vs benefit of the tank, imo.

OP, tamrielfoundry.com is another place to look. Look under Game info for class builds.

The main thing is determining the playstyle you're going for (emphasis on mag/stam/health/regen), self-survivability vs group support, intended skillset, block vs shield, etc.

From there, determine your sets by the desired mitigation you''re going for and then adjust primary stats/regen with glyphs and secondary set choices.

The big thing is, don't limit yourself to just one setup for all scenarios. There are several good sets according to situation, group survivability, and your own personal playstyle. If you're staying alive, keeping aggro, and supporting your group, there is no 'wrong' option.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on September 21, 2017 12:41PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10% proc chance too low considering how often you're taking damage? I've never had issue proc'ing this set. Imperium is, and always has been, more for the benefit of the group, vs benefit of the tank, imo.

OP, tamrielfoundry.com is another place to look. Look under Game info for class builds.

The main thing is determining the playstyle you're going for (emphasis on mag/stam/health/regen), self-survivability vs group support, intended skillset, block vs shield, etc.

From there, determine your sets by the desired mitigation you''re going for and then adjust primary stats/regen with glyphs and secondary set choices.

The big thing is, don't limit yourself to just one setup for all scenarios. There are several good sets according to situation, group survivability, and your own personal playstyle. If you're staying alive, keeping aggro, and supporting your group, there is no 'wrong' option.

Yes, since it has a 15s cooldown. Under intense damage you need to refresh that shield much more often to actually help people. Also has 8m radius vs. 12m for Ingenous Shield. As a tank I'd rather have certainty from on-demand skills than unreliable procs from a set.
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield that absorbs 12040 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, since it has a 15s cooldown. Under intense damage you need to refresh that shield much more often to actually help people. Also has 8m radius vs. 12m for Ingenous Shield. As a tank I'd rather have certainty from on-demand skills than unreliable procs from a set.
    (5 items) When you take damage, you have a 10% chance to grant you and your allies within 8 meters a damage shield that absorbs 12040 damage for 6 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
    @Asardes this averages out to the rough equivalent of an 8k shield 100% of the time, simply for standing there doing what tanks do. Fights such as Domihaus immediately come to mind.

It certainly doesn't replace igneous, but it can definitely supplement it. Again, it's not an all the time set, but can help survivability of your teammates situationally. There are several intense fights where the 8m radiuswill more than suffice.

Throw on some Bone Shield, as well, and your groups' mitigation can go up tremendously.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did actually give that set to my NB to have a tanking set just in case. His gear combo is 5 Tava's Favor 5 Brands of Imperium 2 Swarm Mother. But that's a dungeon only build and won't use it for trials. There I tank with DK exclusively, and maybe the Warden when I fully train her.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: