The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

After completing the Main Story?

Bananko
Bananko
✭✭✭✭
From a lore perspective, after completing the Main Story (i.e. defeating Molag Bal and all that), must I then complete Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold before moving on to Orsinium?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see why. Pay attention to what is going on with Cadwell's Silver and Gold. Those are potential or alternate timelines but aren't exactly seen as the 'real' timeline though it might very well be that Meridia is teasing out some kind of dragon break (read: Paradox) here.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    You don’t have to complete Cadwell’s Silver/Gold before going to Orsinium, although timeline-wise Orsinium does take place afterward. I wouldn’t necessarily say that Cadwell’s Silver and Gold are alternate timelines (and even if they are they’re equally ”real” as your main faction’s). Everything could very well be occuring in the same timeline, which makes additional sense if you consider One Tamriel. Meridia is definitely messing with time somehow, though.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meridia is definitely messing with time somehow, though.
    To echo @Abeille's reasoning (because it's still my favourite), Meridia's influence is like a Spinner's story. Your alliance is the true timeline that you experienced, but being present in the other alliances' storylines makes those events true too. This is how characters from other alliances recognise you in other zones but not during the Stirk story.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp