Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Houses of banned people persist?

Siliziumdioxid
Siliziumdioxid
✭✭✭
It's just that I'm to lazy to search for other peoples houses that are fully equipped with target dummies, crafting stations etc.
Guild: Ancaria
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would assume so
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think that banned player accounts would be deleted after a period of time.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think so, but I've never tested this.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably on off chance they are resinstated.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    I would think that banned player accounts would be deleted after a period of time.

That is an interesting question for ZOS. I assumed that they would just keep the account. It is just disk space.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kinda doubt that. Given that otherwise they could simply come back and reclaim their old IDs.

That said, it would explain how bots keep popping up with the same names and are apparently immune to being banned... if they're actually being banned regularly, and just keep rolling up the old IDs all over again.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you able to get into someone else's house?
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »

Rightclick on player's name and then select "visit primary residence".
    Guild: Ancaria
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »

Friends List/Guild Roster. Right Click -> Visit Primary Residence.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume banned accounts would not appear in friends or guild lists.
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are still in your friends list or guild list, their account still exists. So yes you should be able to.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any player that is permanently banned should have the account deleted.
    That way there is no possibility to get it back.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can still go to their houses.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead of finding a player with all those things, find a guild with all those things. Makes life way easier in the long run. One of the guilds I am in has ALL the things, and I will never leave them haha
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is an interesting question for ZOS. I assumed that they would just keep the account. It is just disk space.

Deleting the account removes the ban. They would stay just like other games. Other things may apply but they would stay
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I kinda doubt that. Given that otherwise they could simply come back and reclaim their old IDs.

That said, it would explain how bots keep popping up with the same names and are apparently immune to being banned... if they're actually being banned regularly, and just keep rolling up the old IDs all over again.

hahahahaha lol

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English

• Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    Check it yourself: go to the beach, choose a mudcrab farming bot, invite him to friends (or invite to the guild), persuade him to open his house to you. And then report him!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can enter a house of perma banned person. All items in his house remained untouched after ban.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also if the account is deleted someone can just make the user ID again and cause confusion of them being unbanned or getting hate for something someone else did (if a different player made the account name).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was perm banned for a mistake about morrowind activation code, everyone could enter my home.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was perm banned for a mistake about morrowind activation code, everyone could enter my home.
    Bet they turned all the lights off didn't they.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a MUD I used to play they never bothered with closing or deleting accounts, and indeed argued that although a player may have been kicked from the game his character remained a part of its history and would remain for all time. All they did was change the player's password.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    In a MUD I used to play they never bothered with closing or deleting accounts, and indeed argued that although a player may have been kicked from the game his character remained a part of its history and would remain for all time. All they did was change the player's password.

Hopefully, that was not a MUD where the "dead people" were just standing there for all of eternity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Or rolled back to the first second you logged in like how WoT does it just incase you want your account name still
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You realize if they delete the account, then that username is now available? They can simply make another account with the same name.

Whether or not the row of data is deleted from the table doesn't make a difference to the user whether they can access that data or not.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Bet they turned all the lights off didn't they.

...they did.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Hopefully, that was not a MUD where the "dead people" were just standing there for all of eternity.

No indeed, but it was one where I logged in after a couple of years' absence and found my horse still standing there waiting to be fed - I felt awful! I logged in another year or so on and it had gone - I hope they gave it a good burial :smile: !
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't imagine the data really takes up that much space, so it probably remains.
          In verity.