Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't women wear beards? This is sexist crap.

• dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Why can't my male character have boobs? This is sexist.

I also want a toon with boobs on his head or else I feel that is being discriminatory against someone/something...

Careful on that slippery slope...

...by which, of course, I mean your forehead boob.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollish answers aside, the devs have actually officially commented on this in an episode of ESO live when first introducing the Style Parlor.

In their initial testing they didn't have any race or gender restrictions on appearance collectibles. However this led to some problems with collectibles negatively morphing races or genders they were not originally designed for. For example, the Long Patriarch Beard would appear off center and weird on female head models. Khajiit facial markings would warp non-Khajiit faces to try to fix the marking etc...

Because of these unintended consequences, they decided to enforce some race and gender restrictions for certain appearance collectibles.

If you want to listen to the official Dev response you can check out this episode of ESO live, the beards for females part appears at the 01:11:08 mark.
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    ...In their initial testing they didn't have any race or gender restrictions on appearance collectibles. However this led to some problems with collectibles negatively morphing races or genders they were not originally designed for...

Makes sense. If it's a technical limitation, it comes into the purview of the developers' attempt to triage feature creation, and I can't argue with the decision to prioritise other features.

As to OP, I find the idea odd, but I don't see any lore problem with it or have any philosophical rejection of it; people who don't like it could just interpret female beards as people wearing odd costumes/prosthetics. That's certainly no worse than some of the clothes I see people wear in real life.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They shouldn't even allow male characters to wear female cosmetics.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Dwarven/Dwemer race is dead, not saying a old death mask in a lost tomb can't exist in ESO. Best thing we have are khajiit females have wiskers and a lot of body hair.
    And Argonian maids have scales, I imagine ya would walk funny for a week after THAT date.
    jk
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also beards are gross.

Sorry guys.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Femmestache for the win!

I secretly want the new beard for my female character. Why?

Reasons. It’s fun, it’s a game. :)
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, then we can have bearded Bretons, fat orcs in Grahtwood climber outfits doing the Redgaurd male dance, while the Nord is in his Song of the night ensemble with the /drunk emote running around with his beer gut always 1 step ahead of him...
    Happy Patch day!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The items limited to a certain race are bad enough, but to restrict one gender and not the other is flat out sexist.

If i have to look a big orc-man in a wedding dress, I want to be able to put a damn beard on my female elf. Make it so!

Is this sarcasm? Please for the love of God tell me this is sarcasm.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread prompted me to google Women with beards and I was not disappointed.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dang it. This totally ruins the Conchita Wurst meta build.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

LOL, explain why.
    All that stubble... heh
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »

I hate you so much RN...
    Happy Patch day!
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, then we can have bearded Bretons, fat orcs in Grahtwood climber outfits doing the Redgaurd male dance, while the Nord is in his Song of the night ensemble with the /drunk emote running around with his beer gut always 1 step ahead of him...

Isn't that a definition of spring break?
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Altaire wrote: »

Isn't that a definition of spring break?

more like the Rwalka's Weekend rock party
    Happy Patch day!
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Rug burn?
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS, this is utter bullsh*t. None of the "girly" hairstyles, makeup, or dresses are restricted to only female characters. Anyone who wants to equip that stuff on their male character is free to do so, and yet the beard ....

N1NjnVM.png

This isn't the first item like this. There are posts dating back years full of people complaining about restrictions to items like this. ZoS representatives have promised changes in the future on more than on occasion, and yet, no change. Why am I not surprised?

The items limited to a certain race are bad enough, but to restrict one gender and not the other is flat out sexist.

If i have to look a big orc-man in a wedding dress, I want to be able to put a damn beard on my female elf. Make it so!

I feel possible trolling. If not....

Anyone can put on whatever clothes they want. Unfortunately, if female bosmer dna dictates she cannot naturally grow a beard then thats how it is. You dont get to change that to suit yourself.
    I cant put a massive round set of cans on my male dunmer... cause you know... they dont have cans.

Edited by Haquor on November 17, 2017 5:20AM
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, just no, seriously where do you people come from
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Edited by THWIP71 on November 17, 2017 5:39AM
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordGavus wrote: »
    ereboz wrote: »
    There's nothing sexist about a woman not having a beard

Agreed.
    Sexist would be more like females not being able to wear heavy armour, or only getting to choose bikini armour.

This just a restriction that suits the vast majority of the population.

I for 1 miss the skimpy bikini armors found in eastern MMO’s. My MagPlar and Wardens would look so beautiful, if I could match swimsuits to them.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well......this thread is uhhh....different.....
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO ESO or any mmo isn't really the forum to protest cultural norms that have been around since there has been culture and that which is deemed normal associated with culture. If you want to create a contrary counter-culture build a new way church of bearded women. I'll stop here because the result of that if it ever took hold would be unspeakable in this present culture and its norms.
  • Zorvan
    Zorvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Literally any man can put on makeup or female clothes. I don’t think any women can grow beards like that. If they can, they’re an anomaly.

Not necessarily saying it shouldn’t be done for *** and giggles, especially with all the drag queen Orcs running around. But don’t act like there’s no logic behind the decision to restrict it.

Ignorant or trolling? We'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bearded+women&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=caWrfhoE4ygi9M%3A%2CilhN6OvRcpdf9M%2C_&usg=__xgvebope0SdQp04h8LLQbHCBZTw=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjH7diu_cTXAhUI7oMKHUbRB14Q_h0IvAEwHA#imgrc=caWrfhoE4ygi9M:
    I've been muted since November 2017 because of the whiny crybabies on this forum and the liberal ZOS employees coddling them.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calm down. It's not sexist. There are probably technical reasons for this. Maybe something with the models.

Did you even research to see if there was a technical reason, or did you run straight to the forums thinking you'd get your way and scare ZOS if you screamed loudly and waved damning allegations?
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    130912123827-01-worldrecords-0912-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

I want hairy legs as well!!!!111
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • wyterice24b14_ESO
    wyterice24b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    We will just get the purple mattress protector & no amount or hair or long fingernails will matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNT2mBjLoTk
    Happy Patch day!
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your character has a beard, you just don't notice because she's wearing that skirt.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear ZoS, this is utter bullsh*t. None of the "girly" hairstyles, makeup, or dresses are restricted to only female characters. Anyone who wants to equip that stuff on their male character is free to do so, and yet the beard ....

N1NjnVM.png

This isn't the first item like this. There are posts dating back years full of people complaining about restrictions to items like this. ZoS representatives have promised changes in the future on more than on occasion, and yet, no change. Why am I not surprised?

Well it's just natural that a beard is not growing in a Woman face. So it's not a sexist thing, it's just a Biological thing.

Nur you can still put Dresses on male characters, so I don't See your problem.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time in a dream Khajiit she was one of the most beautiful women in Middle Earth.

So on behalf of Rosiebelle Rabbitbane this one she says yes to beards.

Also to the beard ribbons.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

4091038450_a2911e342d.jpg
    Rosiebelle 2
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe a compromise can be reached that is equitable. Give women beards. Give men wigwams and marijuana. Nature will take care of the rest.
This discussion has been closed.