The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Random Dungeon, show us what dungeon pops.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    They used to do that. It would tell you what dungeon has been selected.

Then they changed it for some reason and now its a "surprise dungeon"
    I can only guess why they changed it.

But no matter, if their intent was to force me to do a dungeon I dont want it didnt work.
    All it did was make me cancel my ESO+ so I never get DLC dungeons again.

Random Dungeons did not have the 100K Exp at the beginning. I think they put this in so people would not cherry pick until they got say Fungal Grotto I to easily get their 100K.

With the recent change to the GF, you should never get DLC with low level players.
    Edited by Nestor on October 28, 2017 11:42AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chance. Not change.

Did I mispell something? Sorry, my bad. You clearly understood anyway...

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mijil wrote: »
    Maybe give the options "random all" and "random non dlc" and the first gives you double the rewards.

This sounds good in theory...but doesn't actually solve anything at best.

At best, the option for "random all" counts all the dungeons a player can queue for, like the current "random-all-dungeons-you-own" system. If that player has ESO+ or owns all the DLC, that includes all base game and all DLC dungeons. If a player owns none of the DLCs, that includes all of the base game dungeons and no DLCs. Double rewards for all!
    Except this is exactly what the OP complains about where non-DLC owners somehow aren't forced to complete content they don't own and get an "easier" route to rewards.

At worst, the option for "random all" with double rewards is ONLY available to people who own all the DLC, which takes those double rewards straight into Pay To Win territory.

Giving everyone the option for "random non-DLC" with the same rewards as the current "random all-you-own" system would be fair and not pay-to-win. However, that would mean ZOS was giving people the option to NOT play in-game content that they can complete at that level, and that's rather counter to everything ZOS has done in the game, which is usually aimed at getting players to play content, whether they like it or not.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    ereboz wrote: »
    100% agree. Sucks getting into a dungeon you don't wanna do, leaving, then getting the timeout penalty

Well, that's why it's called random dungeon. You get additional rewards for doing a random one, there being a certain chance you get a more or less difficult one, or maybe one you don't really like.

If that wasn't the case, the game would give you the blue (now purple) XP bonus and the transmutation crystal for every dungeon you do.

I think the change they made with the last patch (minimum level for certain dungeons) is quite sufficient. If you don't want the risk of getting a dungeon you don't like, don't use the random function, but select those you want to do specifically. Thus forgoing the additional rewards.
    This, random dungeon is that you fill in needed slots. Don't queue for random if you can not handle all of them, I don't queue for random veteran. Some of the dlc I have never managed and other is to painful with pugs.

Random normal dlc has been solved with the level 45 requirement, they are now there they should be between normal dungeons and easy vet ones.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Chance. Not change.

No, you didn’t mispell. Just misused a word.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chance. Not change.

No, you didn’t mispell. Just misused a word.

No, but thank you. I misspelled "chance" as "change". Easy thing to do when typing quickly.
  • thaalsmub17_ESO
    I've been farming gear in WGT and BRF normal and vet. Group forms, in we go, peeps see which dungeon it is and some quit. Well now we all wait a couple minutes to fill and then all quit to do something else. We are all on wait timers.
    ESO currently tells you whether it is Normal or Veteran before asking you to accept. Perhaps they could also include the dungeon name. If you decline, then you go on a partial timer. Seems like that would be a win for everyone.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also be glad to see the dungeon before entering, but it is impossible. So what I am doing is asking for normal random and see what is it when I am in. If it is something which could be done quickly, I am continue it, if I don't like the group, I am just leaving and have 15 min cooldown. After that I can still get the normal dungeon and still have 100k exp as a bonus.

My rule of thumb re group is simple - DS2 - need three vets cp160+. If not - leave the dungeon and group
    WGT and ICP - all four vets, but only three should be cp160+. Or two cp690+. If not - leave the dungeon and group.
    CoS and ROM - all four vets cp160+. If not - leave the dungeon and group.

This will give you a breathing room in case of errors. Other dungeons I don't care the rest of group - they are basically doable with very small help from the group.

This procedure above never failed me yet. And you will not loose your 100k bonus if you will leave the group, don't worry.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire