Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Dungeon, show us what dungeon pops.

heartburnkid
heartburnkid
✭✭✭
As part of the screen where it says ‘your random dungeon group is ready,’ please let it show what the random dungeon is so we can either accept or decline it. Literally every other MMO does this.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the dungeon is only chosen after the group is formed. The game engine sees like: "Ah, this player barely pulls 5K DPS, let's feed him to the spitting turtle, shall we?"
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why?, so you can pick and choose - that is not the point of 'random'.

I'd rather it show you what levels and roles the other players are so that you can make a choice to run with them or not.
    (it is called random dungeon finder - not random group finder).
    Edited by disintegr8 on October 25, 2017 11:19PM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

I'd rather it show you what levels and roles the other players are so that you can make a choice to run with them or not.

I’d settle for that.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a bad idea, but level does not equal skill. I've run nightmare PUGS with CP level characters and have had some pretty awesome runs with sub lvl 30 characters.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes some dungeons may be tough for first timers and it can destroy a run and waste time.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Yes some dungeons may be tough for first timers and it can destroy a run and waste time.

That's why with the latest patch they increased the minimum level to 45 on normal for DLC and part 2 dungeons, and to CP160 on vet for DLC and Crypt 2/City of Ash 2. ;)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They used to do that. It would tell you what dungeon has been selected.

Then they changed it for some reason and now its a "surprise dungeon"
    I can only guess why they changed it.

But no matter, if their intent was to force me to do a dungeon I dont want it didnt work.
    All it did was make me cancel my ESO+ so I never get DLC dungeons again.
    Edited by Myyth on October 26, 2017 1:01AM
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »

But no matter, if their intent was to force me to do a dungeon I dont want it didnt work.

Me too. I thought a company wanted to make money?

I am leveling a tank now. Level 10. I qued for a random and got Falkreath with the highest being level 21. Bump that, I left. I don’t belong there at that level.....esp as a tank. They need to fix this trash. Or give us an option to opt out without being sent in and penalized for inevitably leaving.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

That's why with the latest patch they increased the minimum level to 45 on normal for DLC and part 2 dungeons, and to CP160 on vet for DLC and Crypt 2/City of Ash 2. ;)

You don’t say...... this is awesome. Didn’t see that yet.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am leveling a tank now. Level 10. I qued for a random and got Falkreath with the highest being level 21. Bump that, I left. I don’t belong there at that level.....esp as a tank. They need to fix this trash. Or give us an option to opt out without being sent in and penalized for inevitably leaving.

I tanked falkreath at lvl 12 and was fine.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

I tanked falkreath at lvl 12 and was fine.

Need more info. Rest of your group levels, your exp as a tank.....(this is my first)

And where are the patch notes the guy above referenced?
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    100% agree. Sucks getting into a dungeon you don't wanna do, leaving, then getting the timeout penalty
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC patch notes for new DLC - coming to console in a week or so:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376895/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-5-clockwork-city#latest

Adjusted the minimum level for the following Normal Difficulty dungeons to Level 45 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
    Banished Cells 2
    Bloodroot Forge
    City of Ash 2
    Cradle of Shadows
    Crypt of Hearts 2
    Darkshade Caverns 2
    Elden Hollow 2
    Falkreath Hold
    Fungal Grotto 2
    Imperial City Prison
    Ruins of Mazzatun
    Spindleclutch 2
    Wayrest Sewers 2
    White-Gold Tower

Adjusted the minimum level for the following Veteran Difficulty dungeons to CP160 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
    Veteran Bloodroot Forge
    Veteran City of Ash 2
    Veteran Cradle of Shadows
    Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2
    Veteran Falkreath Hold
    Veteran Imperial City Prison
    Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun
    Veteran White-Gold Tower
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all do realize that there's a simple solution to avoiding dungeons you don't want to do, right?

So. Instead of clicking on Random Normal (or Vet) Dungeon, you click the dropdown menu its on and select "Specific Dungeon".

This takes you to a list of dungeons, where you can manually select the ones you want to do!

Now, doing it this way won't give the rewards for the Daily Random Dungeon because this method isn't random. Obviously. The Daily Random Dungeon is NOT your Daily "Guaranteed Quick 'N Easy" Dungeon. Its the Daily Random Dungeon, and selecting it from the entire list gives you the risk that makes the rewards worth more.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Icp with bunch of level 10s
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Not anymore. They've moved all the normal DLC dungeons to unlocking at level 45.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, but don't come back moaning that the queue is now taking twice as long because everyone keep dodging dungeons thus resetting your queue.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As part of the screen where it says ‘your random dungeon group is ready,’ please let it show what the random dungeon is so we can either accept or decline it. Literally every other MMO does this.

Oh yes PLEASE yes! I absolutely ADORE queuing as healer and they are stuck on like the 3rd boss in VRoM.

Oh dear. *smh*
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »

Not anymore. They've moved all the normal DLC dungeons to unlocking at level 45.

This! L2patchnotes!
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC patch notes for new DLC - coming to console in a week or so:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/376895/pc-mac-patch-notes-v3-2-5-clockwork-city#latest

Adjusted the minimum level for the following Normal Difficulty dungeons to Level 45 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
    Banished Cells 2
    Bloodroot Forge
    City of Ash 2
    Cradle of Shadows
    Crypt of Hearts 2
    Darkshade Caverns 2
    Elden Hollow 2
    Falkreath Hold
    Fungal Grotto 2
    Imperial City Prison
    Ruins of Mazzatun
    Spindleclutch 2
    Wayrest Sewers 2
    White-Gold Tower

Adjusted the minimum level for the following Veteran Difficulty dungeons to CP160 for the purposes of using the Dungeon Finder:
    Veteran Bloodroot Forge
    Veteran City of Ash 2
    Veteran Cradle of Shadows
    Veteran Crypt of Hearts 2
    Veteran Falkreath Hold
    Veteran Imperial City Prison
    Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun
    Veteran White-Gold Tower

I'm honestly not surprised Banished Cells 2 is on the first list, if you don't have decent DPS, you will NEVER beat the last boss.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not surprised Banished Cells 2 is on the first list, if you don't have decent DPS, you will NEVER beat the last boss.

My suspicion is that they chose the difficulty of the Veteran dungeons based, not on DPS requirements, but on the level of group coordination required. While Vet COA2 is on there because of its series of DPS races, Crypt of Hearts 2 requires group coordination in order to overcome several boss mechanics. What's harder for a PUG dungeon group to accomplish - high DPS or managing to all roll out of the center without any circles overlapping?

• heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see they finally made necessary changes to the que, not sure how I missed the patch notes.

I still believe ll’s should be level 50^ but this is a nice start. Finally not foing to be stuck carrying garbage through content anymore on my dps and being in randoms for what feels like days with terrible dps while I am healing.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. If you arn't willing to do ANY dungeun don't que for random.

But they should show what dungeun you que for specific dungeuns.
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭
    You all do realize that there's a simple solution to avoiding dungeons you don't want to do, right?

So. Instead of clicking on Random Normal (or Vet) Dungeon, you click the dropdown menu its on and select "Specific Dungeon".

This takes you to a list of dungeons, where you can manually select the ones you want to do!

Now, doing it this way won't give the rewards for the Daily Random Dungeon because this method isn't random. Obviously. The Daily Random Dungeon is NOT your Daily "Guaranteed Quick 'N Easy" Dungeon. Its the Daily Random Dungeon, and selecting it from the entire list gives you the risk that makes the rewards worth more.

The point is, why should non-ESO+ subscribers get a benefit over ESO+ subscribers? NO ONE wants DLC dungeons in their random queue, yet that benefit is only reserved for the elite non-paying members.

Paying members get screwed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhagwad wrote: »
    The point is, why should non-ESO+ subscribers get a benefit over ESO+ subscribers? NO ONE wants DLC dungeons in their random queue, yet that benefit is only reserved for the elite non-paying members.

Q: Why should non-ESO+ subscribers who haven't bought all the DLC not have to play the DLC dungeons? A: Because they haven't paid for them?

Q: Why should ESO+ subscribers have a 20% chance to queue for DLC dungeons? A: Because they paid for access through ESO+? Caveat Emptor.

First, they already adjusted somewhat due to overwhelming community demand. Clockwork City changed the level gates so that players can't queue for DLC dungeons and certain others until level 45, or for vet DLC dungeons until CP 160.

Second, the daily random dungeon is not your "daily quick 'N easy dungeon". Its random. If you own all the content, ZOS naturally assumes its because you want to play all the content you own. Therefore, assuming your level allows it, all the DLC that you own are included in your random dungeon queue. Its like a 20% change at CP 160.

Finally, if you think you are getting screwed over with a higher change for getting into the harder dungeons that you own...then you are screwed. You could choose to think of it as a benefit - you have a chance to play content that not everyone does, and get items, motifs, and collectibles. Or you could continue to complain that ZOS expects that you should have the chance to play the content you own.

I've told you want you could do to avoid the chance of getting a dreaded DLC dungeon - you'll just have to sacrifice the random reward. You could go with the current method, which is to queue for a random dungeon, get a DLC or a dungeon that you think is too hard, drop group, and eat the 15 minute queue penalty in hopes of getting an easier dungeon for your next random. Those are your choices. Or, unsubscribe.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not an major issue anymore, with lvl 45 for normal dlc, vet dlc don't pug and don't use finder for replacement.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭

Q: Why should non-ESO+ subscribers who haven't bought all the DLC not have to play the DLC dungeons? A: Because they haven't paid for them?

Q: Why should ESO+ subscribers have a 20% chance to queue for DLC dungeons? A: Because they paid for access through ESO+? Caveat Emptor.

First, they already adjusted somewhat due to overwhelming community demand. Clockwork City changed the level gates so that players can't queue for DLC dungeons and certain others until level 45, or for vet DLC dungeons until CP 160.

Second, the daily random dungeon is not your "daily quick 'N easy dungeon". Its random. If you own all the content, ZOS naturally assumes its because you want to play all the content you own. Therefore, assuming your level allows it, all the DLC that you own are included in your random dungeon queue. Its like a 20% change at CP 160.

Finally, if you think you are getting screwed over with a higher change for getting into the harder dungeons that you own...then you are screwed. You could choose to think of it as a benefit - you have a chance to play content that not everyone does, and get items, motifs, and collectibles. Or you could continue to complain that ZOS expects that you should have the chance to play the content you own.

I've told you want you could do to avoid the chance of getting a dreaded DLC dungeon - you'll just have to sacrifice the random reward. You could go with the current method, which is to queue for a random dungeon, get a DLC or a dungeon that you think is too hard, drop group, and eat the 15 minute queue penalty in hopes of getting an easier dungeon for your next random. Those are your choices. Or, unsubscribe.

Chance. Not change.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »
    100% agree. Sucks getting into a dungeon you don't wanna do, leaving, then getting the timeout penalty

Well, that's why it's called random dungeon. You get additional rewards for doing a random one, there being a certain chance you get a more or less difficult one, or maybe one you don't really like.

If that wasn't the case, the game would give you the blue (now purple) XP bonus and the transmutation crystal for every dungeon you do.

I think the change they made with the last patch (minimum level for certain dungeons) is quite sufficient. If you don't want the risk of getting a dungeon you don't like, don't use the random function, but select those you want to do specifically. Thus forgoing the additional rewards.
    Edited by Loc2262 on October 28, 2017 9:42AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Mijil
    Mijil
    Maybe give the options "random all" and "random non dlc" and the first gives you double the rewards.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why am i having a feeling that it's the entire goal of the process?