The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do you want a Christmas Tree for your Home?

agegarton
agegarton
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I really (really, really, really) want to be able to buy / find / have a Christmas tree for my home. I’d love it to be lit, and maybe available in different sizes for different homes. I’d even by happy if it were a Crown Store item. What about you ?
Edited by agegarton on November 16, 2017 7:18AM

Do you want a Christmas Tree for your Home? 178 votes

Yes, please give us a Christmas tree !
56%
laurajfCireouschuck-18_ESOhuntgod_ESOWatchYourSixxtreadwyckb14a_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOArobainLadyAstrumAimoraBrittany_JoyObsidian3Valen_BytebellatrixedTerraDewBerryHanzusLinaleahVampiresmileagegartonEvilKiwi 101 votes
Oh, ok then, please give us a Christmas tree !
5%
SoupDragonCillion3117Glaiceanaraj72616aMorgul667trowlkericktheOrticiaDiebesgut 9 votes
Other.
38%
SirAndyCavalryPKGilvothkrisor67_ESOBelegnoleFunrukdurkhaDarcyMardinYulsHrogunTurelusSantieClawskwisatzMarrazzMistSirCriticalczarcamelliahondelinkElsonsoHermodRajajshka 68 votes
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    No! I have no interest in a xmas tree.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Vampiresmile
    Vampiresmile
    ✭✭
    Great idea
    Faal Kro. Sorcerer. Breton of the Daggerfall Covenant.
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Nope.

Why would anyone in Tamriel want a Christmas Tree?
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    No. We’ve heard about various religions in Tamriel, but none of them celebrate the birth of Christ.

That said, if it’s a winter festival or solstice decoration, (as such trees probably were originally, before folks started calling them “Christmas trees”), I’d have no objection.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Khajiit would like a small tree suitable for placing in the home and adorning in the traditional Fishmas style with shells.

In time honoured remembrance of the tale of the legendary great scratching tree.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christmas trees have pagan roots....roots....get it? :p

Jokes aside. Yes a christmas tree in a style that would fit Elder Scrolls would be nice. Call it a New Life Tree.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on November 16, 2017 8:03AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    Khajiit would like a small tree suitable for placing in the home and adorning in the traditional Fishmas style with shells.

In time honoured remembrance of the tale of the legendary great scratching tree.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You will just knock it over and break everything on it trying to climb it...
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can call it a Winter Solstice tree if you like, or an Azurist Tree, or whatever. You get my point !
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    no
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Depending how it's done.

If it's just a tree with some candles then sure, I won't rage. If it's a very real world over the top tree then it's not something would like to see.

Also players could just make their own, we have enough glowing things and candles.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MaidenOregon posted this a couple of weeks ago:

[url=]https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/378935/what-is-this#latest[/url]

Perfect for a Christmas tree, just needs masses of tiny lights.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, ok then, please give us a Christmas tree !
    my tel galen is already a giant Christmas tree now
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I only want the tree if it comes with a slot so I can place it. Otherwise...
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I'd rather have a Festivus pole
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Although I am one of those who does not care about lore braking things. JK. I care a little but not to much to start a bar fight over it. More like post a mean comment about it. I will take the Christmas equivalent in ESO lore.... what ever holiday falls on the 25th of Evening Star (December).

For those of you non eso Lore nerds 25th of Evening star is the New Life Festival. This event takes place across all of Tamriel in celebration of the new year. The Emperor usually uses his New Life Address to instigate another tax increase which often causes much resentment. Despite this, the New Life tradition of free ale at all of the taverns of Tamriel continues. In some areas, particularly Wayrest, the New Life Festival is celebrated on the 25th of Evening Star.

Source: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/New_Life_Festival

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I'd just like a generic nice tree that I could decorate myself.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are those pointy topiary trees from Auridon or wherever. Slap some candles and starfish on there and you're good to go.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Why is there 2 yes answers and no No answer. Get yourself a pine sapling. Lots of stuff to decorate it with.

Btw, xmas trees have nothing to do with the birth of Christ. It's actually a tradition from Yuletide, a Pagan holiday.
    Edited by SisterGoat on November 17, 2017 1:13AM
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    i'm here to escape real life. i don't want real life stuff in eso.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    No
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    Nope.
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm here to escape real life. i don't want real life stuff in eso.

All those chairs, trees, pumpkins, candles, flowers horses etc must be uncomfortable for you then considering they are 'real life' items. :p

As for a tree, the winter tree decoration comes from paganism, and represents.....wait for it....new life and fertility. It's probably where the ESO lore makers got the 'New Life' festival...so a seasonal tree is really not a divergence from lore at all.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes please. i don't care what its called. i mean... I grew with i being called "new year's fir" so...

I don't think I'll ever be able to understand the hate some people have for it. what's to hate? decorating those trees is fun and in every other way its basically a family get together with lots of food and gifts to open.

I mean. I can make a faximile which is also fun, though I wish we actualy had smaller sized firs instead of using the cypress. its close but not quite there. and there's that whole matter of limited furniture slots.....
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    A pine tree with some basic winter trimmings or sparkly bits or whatever would be fine for people who want it. But personally, I'd rather not have this fictional world adopt the trappings of a religious holiday from another universe. Seeing Santas or Christmas ornaments is taking things too far in my opinion. Weakens the experience of Tamriel.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stendarr_reason_zfwk9q.jpg
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's lore breaking but would be fun
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theslynx wrote: »
    A pine tree with some basic winter trimmings or sparkly bits or whatever would be fine for people who want it. But personally, I'd rather not have this fictional world adopt the trappings of a religious holiday from another universe. Seeing Santas or Christmas ornaments is taking things too far in my opinion. Weakens the experience of Tamriel.

I mean... so may of the ornaments are just sparkly balls? there doesn't need to be a santa or anything, just mini garlands of lights - think argonian strands, but smaller; and colorful balls, like the beads on https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/wood-orc-dream-catcher/

not that santa is particularly christian either, he is basically a pagan personification of cold weather, but Santa is still completely unnecessary. and a lot of other decorations are very non religious. snowflakes, icicles, sparkly balls, pine cones, etc.

I'm sorry I just really love these darn trees. in RL I have at least one in every room starting by the end of November and staying well into Feb, because I'm an adult and i do what i want in my own house >_> :P its realy a natural extension of enjoying decorating.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I want Breda to come and visit me with a keg of Betnikh Spiced Ale, nothing more :) And definitely not some pagan tree... I got enough wood from the last Festival, I'l build a proper bonfire to celebrate New Life :D
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    No.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theslynx wrote: »

There already are semblances of real world holidays, though they may not be called Halloween or Christmas or Black Friday (as a random example) they are already there, but I wouldn't want a Santa Claus or Baby Jesus or even a Pagan priestess, just cute stuff that would compliment Tamriel. I'm sure the different races would come up with some lovely befitting decorations.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on November 17, 2017 5:47PM