The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you want a Christmas Tree for your Home?

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please give us a Christmas tree !
    @LadyAstrum oh, those flowers tops as gift bows are brilliant! would you mind if I borrowed that i idea? pretty please!
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    @LadyAstrum oh, those flowers tops as gift bows are brilliant! would you mind if I borrowed that i idea? pretty please!

Thank you. Yes, feel free! :) I'm glad you like the idea. Post a pic too if you can.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    I voted other just because I've had so much fun scrounging stuff to make a tree and decorations. There are some awesome pictures in this thread, and the creativity of the ESO community is amazing. :)

Here's my tree:
    BmBPGyR.png
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    While I enjoy Christmas, Tamriel has no idea what Christmas is so they shouldn't be in the game. Maybe a new life tree but Christmas trees need to stay in RL not ESO, IMHO.

Merry Christmas though :smile:
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Hauteecole_Rider16
    Hauteecole_Rider16
    ✭✭✭
    I don't call mine a Christmas Tree when in game - it's a New Life tree! Symbol of rebirth at the darkest time of the year (at least in Northern hemispheres anyway).
    39008982021_2652b8db74_z.jpg

First thing we did when we got the house - grabbed one of the trees in the backyard and brought it inside. Went to all the achievement furnishers in all three alliances plus Coldharbour and Vvardenfell to collect the crystals. Added colorful fruits and veggies for decorations.

And yes, it will be coming down after New Life is over - tree is going back outside and the decorations redistributed among my other homes.
  • cbdfarm
    cbdfarm
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS must be Muslim they dont want X-mas lol
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    no! rather some pagan pre-christian stuff, like this for example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other.
    What, EXACTLY is stopping you from having one?
    Screenshot_20171210_131447.png
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T4T2FR34K wrote: »
    What, EXACTLY is stopping you from having one?
    Screenshot_20171210_131447.png

furnishing slots limits, mostly. that and options we have right now are not ideal - you either get a super smallish version, or the one you used that is a bit too spiraled for my tastes. especially when there are amazing fir trees already in game - in eastmarch. you can see them all over. but not available to players.

( that said, I still decorated a small tree for my main, but mainly because of the way Kenarthi's roost home is set up, with those low invisible ceilings and all - I actualy had furnishing slots available. which is not something that usually happens. none of my other characters get to have a tree in their homes because I barely made it under furnishing limits as it is, and had to let go of some details as it is.)
    Edited by Linaleah on December 17, 2017 8:50AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • LaRoseNoire
    LaRoseNoire
    ✭✭✭
    Other.
    You dont need a Christmas tree... you only need imagination :smiley:

Screenshot_20171213_012638.png
    Amo la caricia de la noche y el susurro del viento sobre mi cuchilla helada.
    J'aime la caresse de la nuit et le frémissemet du vent sur ma dague froide.
    I love the touch of the night and the whisper of the wind on my cold dagger.
    La Rose Noire (Khajit Stamblade): Melee DPS PvE, Ganker PvP.
    La Rose Rouge (Dunmer MagDK): Melee DPS PvE, OffTank PvP, Duelist PvP.
    La Rose de Sang (Breton Magblade): Healer PvE, Healer PvP.
    La Rose Sacreé (Argonian Magplar): Healer PvE, OffTank PvP.
    La Rose Toxique (Redguard StamDK): Melee DPS PvE, Tank PvE, OffTank PvP, Duelist PvP.
    La Rose en Glace (Breton MagWarden): Tank PvE, CCTank PvP.
    Everyrone AD, SAVE THE QUEEN!
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont need a Christmas tree... you only need imagination :smiley:

Screenshot_20171213_012638.png

I quite agree with using one's imagination to improvise, and indeed like most of us, that is exactly what I have done myself, and with good effect. But it would be nice to have a few properly shaped pine trees available to use as a base tree, and that would save an awful lot of precious slots.

As Linaleah said, there is the problem....there are nearly always not enough furnishing slots left over to get creative.

I too only have a Christmas tree in one of my homes, due to this. Given how hard it is to make one of the large/notable homes look properly furnished, I'm sadly not going to waste valuable slots on a Christmas tree, or demolish existing decorations to free up slots to make one.

But that, of course, is my choice and some people may indeed opt to have a tree but even less slots available for normal house decoration.

• Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. We’ve heard about various religions in Tamriel, but none of them celebrate the birth of Christ.

That said, if it’s a winter festival or solstice decoration, (as such trees probably were originally, before folks started calling them “Christmas trees”), I’d have no objection.

The Christmas tree has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. The tree decoration started as a multicultural, globalised addition to the holiday. I know so many people who have a Christmas tree and are not religious because a Christmas tree does not embody religious extremism but a neutral tradition to the holiday.

Decorations are a Khajiit thing. So maybe Khajiit lore can be used to make the Christmas tree a reality.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plus Khajiit are high on skooma and are the most likely to decorate a tree.