Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will we get housing slots next year?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Since zos is communicating alot today it's worth a try
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably not
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • sigirri
    sigirri
    ✭✭
    Fingers crossed !
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even better... Storage bins in our houses next year?
    Playing since beta...
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so more than 700, limit is way too small and i lost interest in housing because of this mainly, that and the major nerf on furnishing plans.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They really should have made a board that lists people's houses in the area to be honest so that anyone can visit any public house listed there
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTB 100 more slots ZoS!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly would love to be able to put more decorations up... think some homes would be better with 25% more space or 50% more.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better... Storage bins in our houses next year?

I'd purchase a house if I could store **** there. Don't need universal access to it. Just let me put **** in the house if it fits.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

@ZOS_RichLambert
    Any more word on more housing slots?
    Was so excited when you said it was being worked on, or at least looking at it, so... Any up-date or ETA??? Please!!
    Pretty Please with Moon-Sugar on top???
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Houshiki
    Houshiki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    They really should have made a board that lists people's houses in the area to be honest so that anyone can visit any public house listed there

Would be cool if you can restrict what they can interact with. I'd be annoyed if some troll comes in and decides to turn off all the lights were I to have a lot of lighting.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've actually found that the medium houses don't have the same issue with furnishing caps that the larger ones do.

I used Mathiisen for ages, but found that it always felt partially empty. Swapped over to Domus Phrasticius and it feels like I can really fill it up properly.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    Mathiisen manor really needs more furniture slots. And more windows inside.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a matter of proportion.

I’m all for seriously increasing item slots, as everybody knows.

I now have a large range of houses from tiny to massive. The small and medium homes don’t suffer nearly as much from the current restrictions (although even they could do with more ). But some of the large and all of the notables desperately need a very large increase.

One of the issues is the huge variation in size between houses within the same category (take Hundings as an example)....but there is a blanket limit applied, taking no account of the actual size within that category. However, it would be difficult to treat each property on an individual basis, so that possibility is unfortunately out at this point of time.

My hopefully workable suggestion would be to apply a sliding scale to all categories.

Notable houses need the most increase in limit, so I would say double the present one, that is 100% increase. Large houses need say a 50% increase, while medium and small houses would benefit from a 25% increase. This is a conservative approach, and is not perfect........and we all would prefer higher limits than that, if not limitless. But that ain’t going to happen in the near future, so this is, I think, a compromise which should work at least in the short term.

Any thoughts?
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    yeah I think the size difference thing is a huge issue. Hundings is a good example-it's the large redguard house but has WAYYYYYYYYY more space than my house (the large khajiit). The small breton and small khajiit are also very much smaller than the small redguard, small altmer, small nord.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hopefully the caps will get at least tripled and also storage added

*but probably not :smiley:
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they had any decency in them they would.

Considering there is a constant flow of new housing items with, in some cases, no where to put them.

Granted you could have multiple homes to cater to this issue and have different themes etc. But some people may life one main house with all the good stuff in it regardless of the theme.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want a 100 more slots at daggerfall overlook
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

I was thinking that maybe ZOS could double or triple the housing slots on Housing DLC anniversary!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Not just more slots but also free storage for all housing items not in use. I would like each house to get 200 more items and unlimited storage so I can redecorate as much as I want.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need about five more threads on it I think. :trollface:

Not really sure what's happening with housing, we haven't heard a lot about the development of it for a long time. Not sure who's working on it now as Mandi went to Bethesda and from my understanding she was one of the people who worked on it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Not really sure what's happening with housing, we haven't heard a lot about the development of it for a long time. Not sure who's working on it now as Mandi went to Bethesda and from my understanding she was one of the people who worked on it.

Yes, Mandi was Housing and Justice systems.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really hope that doesn't mean that @ZO$ have relegated housing to the back burner.....

As things stand, apart from the occasional new house for sale when a DLC happens, it looks like housing has pretty much been dropped since its initial implementation at the beginning of the year.

We all know that communication is not their forte, but it's way past time that @ZO$ gave us an update on their plans in general for housing.

So how about it, @ZO$?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS will work on it, there is clearly the demand for it. Guess like all things they just need to find the expansion/DLC/update it slots into best.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS will work on it, there is clearly the demand for it. Guess like all things they just need to find the expansion/DLC/update it slots into best.

Agreed. If I had to guess, the changes they are making to improve performance are key to any expansion of the furnishing limit. For those who are not connecting the dots, the change they just rolled back on Console today is probably one of those changes.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ABelle99
    ABelle99
    ✭✭
    I ended up subscribing to eso plus just because I can get extra housing slots and the craft bag. I really like decorating but it’s hindered by the low number of slots.