Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Preview Menu Required for Crafting Different Style

N1K3
N1K3
✭✭✭
So different Style Motifs was bought out solely for Cosmetic purposes?...

Now that there are all these new style motifs, ZOS needs to implement a functional in-game rotational, zoom in, zoom out Preview Menu to show what different style will look like before committing to crafting a piece.

Those little picture icon are pointless and most of the time it doesn't turn out as what you "think" it looks like.

I believe i ain't speaking for myself here but it's still a waste of materials and especially using Rare Style Materials crafting lower level gear just to make a decision for their final pieces.

There are links like eso-fashion.com which does help a little, but in saying that, as stated below
(1) Not all style are available for every single piece on eso-fashion
(2) Styles can look good on certain characters/races and horrible on another due to not all players looks the same (body type, gender, color, race) and of course,
(3) Personal Preference

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by N1K3 on April 6, 2016 3:22PM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can always just craft them in an inferior material and lower level ( just to see the shape, size, detail ect. )

BUT this has been suggested before OP and we all agree it needs to happen!
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    I SO wish this would be implemented...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    you can always just craft them in an inferior material and lower level ( just to see the shape, size, detail ect. )

With the standard base motifs, yes, you can do this. With the rarer Style Materials, this is not really an option. You only have a chance to get the Style mats back with decon, so you could use up your precious style mats to see what something looks like.

Preview Options have been asked for since launch on the PC, ZOS has told us it is something they have in the works, almost since PC Launch.

In the meantime, use ESO Fashion to get an idea of what the gear will look like

http://eso-fashion.com/
    Edited by Nestor on April 1, 2016 4:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Caeric
    Caeric
    ✭✭✭
    Very much agree. I've crafted sets trying to get an idea of how they'll look from those little pictures and they've turned out lousy.

I've also tried to use external websites offering examples of crafted gear, but those are hard to create and maintain. As mentioned above, Eso-fashion is one. @Mystical is also in the process of creating one here.

The best option would be for Zeni to implement an in-game preview, and that's what many of us are hoping for.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Duiwel wrote: »

With the standard base motifs, yes, you can do this. With the rarer Style Materials, this is not really an option. You only have a chance to get the Style mats back with decon, so you could use up your precious style mats to see what something looks like.

Preview Options have been asked for since launch on the PC, ZOS has told us it is something they have in the works, almost since PC Launch.

In the meantime, use ESO Fashion to get an idea of what the gear will look like

http://eso-fashion.com/

Unfortunately eso-fashion does not always have a picture available for each style or gender.
    NA/PC
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Started a new toon as a Warden, and I still can't believe ZOS has not added the preview of the Motif after 2 years on PS4. When you create a character, you can preview the Motif's veteran look. Would be nice to see the current level's Motif before constructing. Those little icons are impossible to see.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We already have the option to preview a motif style on crown store why not implement that to the crafting station with addition to zoom in/out?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.