The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS: Furniture blueprint drop rates are killing my fun!

• manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scraelos wrote: »
    Can you write an addon, which collects all blueprints in inventory and stores them in addon save file at SavedVariables?
    That should be easy. I can cobble it together tomorrow evening? (CET)

Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Scraelos
    Scraelos
    ✭✭✭
    manavortex wrote: »
    Can you write an addon, which collects all blueprints in inventory and stores them in addon save file at SavedVariables?
    That should be easy. I can cobble it together tomorrow evening? (CET)

That will be good. Also does your addon store known recipe's ids in SavedVariables?
    Edited by Scraelos on November 15, 2017 1:15PM
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    That will be good. Also does your addon store known recipe's ids in SavedVariables?
    It does. You can get them with some regex magic or a parser, as right now the saved variables are slightly messy.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You must have not seen blue Morrowind recipe prices even a month ago. On Xbox the blues were consistently selling for 60k +. Some rare ones over 100k +. Only in the last month have prices dropped.... But prices have not dropped for the purple Morrowind recipes. Nearly all of them sell for over 400k. Some big pieces fetch 850k.

I'm on PC; and yes, that single sale 75 days ago was over 60k. I just didn't think that would still be close to accurate. :\ Over two months of time should have been plenty of time for prices to crash to reasonable levels.

It would have been enough time, if the patterns dropped more. Even blue ones are rare, as even if I get a blue one to drop from my urn farming, 99% of the time, it'll be a base-game pattern. It does seem, however, that prices have come down even on XB. I've had to re-price some patterns that weren't even selling at 30k. They're still sitting at 20k a week later. Granted, some of that may have to do with everyone trying to collect the new motifs and clockwork city patterns, but it seems that the majority of people who were collecting the blue ones already have the ones that drop "regularly." There are enough blue patterns that I've never seen for sale or even the finished product to make me wonder if all blues or purples are even in the loot tables.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    When housing came out - I was ecstatic and I wanted all the furnishing recipes.

When Morrowind came out - they removed some of the recipes from Rolis Hlalu - I stopped looking.

I can never have them all. If I can't have them all - I don't care about them anymore.

Now I hear the deplorable drop rate of dlc furnishing recipes and I am GLAD that I stopped looking.