The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Glitter and Gleam quest... cruel joke?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So, I've been farming Clockwork City all week, but hadn't been doing dailies. My husband and I quest together and we were waiting to do dailies until we finished the main questline. My farmer has been getting a lot of ornate armor drops, about 2-3x more than outside CWC, about 5-6 pieces per day! Today, I finally got the Glitter and Gleam quest from the Blackfeather Court dailies... 6 5 pieces of ornate armor. No sweat, CWC is full of it.

3 hours later, 1 ornate armor drop. An hour running around The Radius, 6 delves, and 3 Dwemer ruins (not delves). Having the quest apparently means your ornate chance goes way down. This is the worlds cruelest joke of a quest. Guess I'll be saving ornate pieces from daily crafting writ rewards. And no, I'm not buying ornate armor from a guild trader. ZOS apparently thinks that dailies taking multiple days to finish is a thing. D:
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 5, 2017 8:54PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    11 different delves, 6 dwemer sites, and 5 hours of continuous questing to finally get 5 ornate pieces. This is ridiculous.

Finally thought to do the guild dailies: Mages, Fighters, and Undaunted. Those coffers have a lot of ornate.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 5, 2017 10:46PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They often drop from crafting writs. You can just save up a few for that quest.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Where does one find the quest giver for this? (Bursar of Tributes, I presume.)

2. Perhaps more to the point, is there a prerequisite, such as advancing to a certain extent in the main regional story?

3. Also -- what are the rewards like?

4. And is it a true daily, or more like the Thieves Den tip board?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I skip the bird daily quests.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I skip the bird daily quests.

Well, from reading them it seems they almost all require things I already have stashed away, or else could easily get.

Not coincidentally, I've spent some time on the Covetous Countess treadmill. :)
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guys.... The dailies from the mages guild, fighters guild and undaunted daily delve has Ornate items in its reward box. Do that real quick and problem solved. I did it in just a few min and didn't see this daily as a problem at all. As well group dungeons and trials are good for Ornate items.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another place to get Ornate items is pick the dead campaign in Cryodiil, (there are 2 of them,) and run through a delve or 2. You'll have enough Ornate items for a week or more worth of Crow's Glitter and Gleam quests.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And patch notes this morning lowered the requirment to 3 pieces of ornate armor. Good.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, my question still stands -- where/how do I find the quest giver? :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From the Wayshrine, find the first daily quest giver, the other ones are in a line from the Wayshrine. However the Bird one will not show up until you do the related quest.

As for Ornates, easy peasy now, just do one of the Fighters or Mages or Undaunted Dailies, you get a container with 3 of them.

Edited by Nestor on November 6, 2017 4:09PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find ornate items extremely easy to get. Crafting writs, public dungeon bosses. You can even buy them from guild stores in a pinch. I'm not sure why the requirements on this quest were lowered other than vocal complaints on the forums. I personally find it excruciating to track down 6 alchemy nodes and to a lesser extent wood and cloth nodes for the other daily. There are no other options for these particular dailies. You have to go harvest nodes and only in CWC. Adding to that, it makes the dailies very unfriendly to groups as each member has to go fighting for nodes. These are the dailies that should have had their requirements lowered or at least shared among group members when harvested.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 6, 2017 4:14PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

From the Wayshrine, find the first daily quest giver, the other ones are in a line from the Wayshrine. However the Bird one will not show up until you do the related quest.

As for Ornates, easy peasy now, just do one of the Fighters or Mages or Undaunted Dailies, you get a container with 3 of them.

So, same place as the others, but only after I'm a few quests deep into the main regional quest line. Thanks!
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the Bursar of Tributes daily quests available on consoles? I'm not finding them... at all...
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Burser doesn't show up until after you do the Blackfeather Court quests in the main questline.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK. I have the Bursar now.

What drops in the bags other than a set piece, and how often? The set piece isn't really worth it alone. :)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apostle and Ebonshadow style drop from the dailies, any of them can give a page of either motif. This is just one more chance at the motif. And sometimes you get the style stones too

• BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disregard my comment. I found my mistake. I had ornate weapons that weren't counting, didn't realize it had to be armour.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on November 14, 2017 7:04PM
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone received the Legendary Sweetroll as the daily quest reward from Blackfeather Court (Bursar of Tributes)?
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I thought Legendary Sweetroll was a Crown Crate only thing.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it could only be given to us by the Blackfeather Court, @thatlaurachick
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder for those doing these. The Daily guild quests (fighters, mages, undaunted) pay out in ornate items.
    It's a good way to get a collection of them for these dailies.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I thought it could only be given to us by the Blackfeather Court, @thatlaurachick

Legendary Seetroll has come out of Crown Crates last 2 seasons. It's a "hidden" item (blech! NO HIDDEN ITEMS IN GAMBLING!) I've never heard of anyone getting it in game.

The Shivering Cheese comes out of lockboxes or other stealing, it glows and is yellow.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 15, 2017 4:00PM