The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Steel Tornado (Dual Wield) Skill - increasing damage (CP)

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Hello and greetings. So, I have a very confusing question to ask, as it's confusing to me anyway.

With all these champion points at my disposal, I would like to use some of them to increase the damage of Steel Tornado. How ever I'm not really sure where to allocate them.

Not really sure if this is like an AOE or direct blunt weapon like piercing. It's a stam ability so I like to see numbers go way high. I know it's possible, but I still need a little extra help because I'm kind of slow in making changes, updating, reallocating , morphing etc etc.

Can anyone explain this for me, you know in simple terms. Oh if anyone is going to point me to that google spread sheet for cp calulations, I already have it. I'm just too confused on figuring it out how to work it to my advantage. Like some people are audio, and some are visual in the learning process. I just feel like an old dog under the porch thinking of ways to get these old bones into gear and reach my full potential.

Thanks guys and gals. I appreciate this.
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a direct damage attack, so Master at Arms would directly buff it.

But there are also several ways to spend champion points to buff direct damage along with all the other types of stamina / weapon damage attacks. Mighty, precise strikes and piercing.

Mighty is obviously important, but you wouldn't want to put too many points there, 11-12% is good. It's watered down by other +% buffs.

Piercing has potential to be the biggest buff If you're low on physical penetration. In dungeons you'd want 18,000 total penetration. The less of it you have the more valuable it becomes. 4000 is good if you're low, any number is good as long as you don't go over 18000 total penetration. It doesn't get watered down by other buffs.

Precise Strikes is very good too, 15% minimum. Go with a higher number if your crit rating is high. It doesn't get watered down by other buffs.

You may have damage over time skills that you use, or maybe not? You asked about steel tornado so go with Master at arms, it does get somewhat watered down by other +%buffs, but it's still pretty good for burst.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Steel Tornado is Direct Physical Damage, so it will scale with Mighty, Piercing, Precise Strikes and Master at Arms.

The actual values you use really depend more on your class and ability setup, and if you are running PVE or PVP.

A good start would be 10% Mighty, 3500 Piercing, 10% Precise Strikes, and 15% Master at Arms.

Additionally if you want to optimise your CP, you want to make sure you hit jump points. CP is always rounded down, so ignore anything after a decimal point.
    Put simply, 15.1% will give you the same damage as 15.9% in CP.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel Tornado is both AOE and Direct Damage. :) The two aren't mutually exclusive. The "opposite" of direct damage here would be damage over time. The opposite of AOE would be single target. "Piercing" buffs everything, since it increases physical penetration. Rule of thumb, at champion level and against PVE mobs, 1000 penetration (resistance) results in 2% more damage done (less damage taken) from all types.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Bladerunner1 , @Sixty5 and @Loc2262 Yes thank you. All that makes sense. And hopefully this will reduce the fact I've been spending 3K a pop reallocating CP all over the board. Ok, so this is going to be very helpful for me. Personally for solo, I would like to start quickly farming dungeons for gold. I've seen the video or videos, and just like Skyreach, seems the more enemies killed at a single time the greater the reward.

Grouping, I do want to push the limits of my DPS not just per single, but multiple targets as well to clear the area and move on quicker. Best to get into the next dungeon or trial as I too enjoy trying to farm impossible sets to get. Biggest example, Vicious Serpent. Ask anyone, no one I know in trials has seen one piece yet.

And lastly, PvP. Yeah, I'm kind of casual in this so it's not like I'm vicious and rude or even tea bag people after winning a battle. But I do stick around some keeps or forts just to either hang out or defend if I'm not in a raid group. As for raid groups, I have noticed in the past few months ZoS has been pumping up the powers of the NPC's in Cyrodiil. For me, last month they were a bit OP, and if you didn't do it right they zap you with this stupid magic glowy bubble then encase you in a large purple dome. So the quicker to cut them in half the better.

All in all, the more Damage I do helps me get a lot of gear , sets and money quickly so I can later share with my guild. And much better for my self esteem of course.

Thank you again for helping. I appreciate this.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @chaz I reached the same conclusion a while ago. Trials DPS builds you can find online are great for optimized 12 player groups, but the Stam DPS always seems a little low on AOE when running 4 player content or joining unoptimized groups.

I threw together this build

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/347682/stamina-cleave-focus-dps-build-nightblade]

for Stamblades to rebalance their AOE DPS while still dishing out loads of single target DPS, though any class could use those set pieces and weapon skills and add in their own class skills.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on November 14, 2017 2:41PM
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Bladerunner1 , Thank you for that. I'll be posting there my comment.